Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bookstore chronicles [M]

Started by Medievarad, September 23, 2015, 09:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

It was a quiet day. Ameterasu sighed slowly as she looked down on the small, white pup. "Don't you dare use those scrolls as a litterbox.." She scowled at the small puppy, as she went back to the sorting of books and scrolls. Some of these scrolls could be dangerous if they ended up in the wrong hands. Whether it was intentional evil. Or an inexperienced person. She smirked, having scrolls even deeper down in the store, closed off to costumers. Scrolls that could potentially destroy a rather large part of the city. She took out a scroll, and stepped back from the rack. Inspecting her work briefly.

She turned around and started heading over to the small counter. The small pup had been following her all along. She put the scroll down, rolling it open. The scroll had been littered with odd and runic scripture. "You wanna see?" She asked the small pup with a soft smile, picking him up and placing him on the counter, before leaning in once more to study the scroll. Keeping half an eye on the door for potential costumers.

SilmeriaElemred

And it was, at some point not long before afternoon, that the door opened and a rather unusual person walked in. A young moonelf. With very long dark hair with deep purple  strands, worn in a braid. Already it reached low, till about her hips. But when loose it was certainly longer. There were two silver combs in her hair as well, with fine silver chains between them with pendants of moons and stars. Her dress a silverish grey and a black mesh scarf around her waist.

Her booths from a study cloth. ''Excuse me...'' she spoke softly. She was obviously new in the area. Although sporadicly, a few times before a Moonelf het ventured this far from home.

Medievarad

The door opened, and with a quick eye, she took in the features of her potential costumer all at once. The small puppy crawling into her arms as she stood up straight. Supporting the small creature in her hand. She closed the scroll, patting the rolled up paper softly.

"Welcome to my little store." She said as she walked from behind the counter, approaching the female elf, yet leaving her enough personal space. "Can I help you?" She asked, her voice smooth and gentle.

She folded her hands, the small pup still resting in her arms. It was quite the intruiging character that had stood before her. She looked like a noble. But, then again, no noble would enter a small store like hers to buy books. Quite the mystery stood infront of her. Yet, none of her thought process was expressed on her face. Merely a soft smile.

SilmeriaElemred

''Well, ehm...'' she spoke shyly. ''I am looking for several kinds of books. Poetry, good stories for children. Maybe a little bit of apprentice magic regarding nature, plant tending, medicine, and magic involving moon, sun or starlight... stories and tales about the world we live in... can I find any of those here by any chance?'' she asked.

Her expression was hopeful to say the least and maybe she was looking at all the wrong places. But Elle, as she was called, did not like the very large stores. She liked books also as an art form. Not those that were remade over and over and over again, translated, misinterpeted during that, and then brought out losing much of its initial meaning, or shortened even. Just to save paper or because the one reprinting the books was afraid people would find the original work to long or to violent or sad.

Medievarad

She nodded with the same soft smile. Untill she spoke of magick, involving the sun. The soft smile widened slightly. "I think I have several books and scrolls covering those subjects." She stated as she walked back to the scroll she had been previously examining, sliding it aside and putting the small puppy down on the table. "However, for matters covering arcane subjects, I'll have to check my register." She said, lifting an enourmous book from the counter, and smacking it down there, some dust flying around.

"Typical.. A dusty bookstore." She muttered to herself, slamming open the gargantaun book. "Tales, fiction and poetry can be found.." She said as she leaned over slightly, giving a rather abundant sight of her cleavage. "There." She said, raising her index finger to a rather large rack. The outside of the store seemed small. Yet the interior was very spacious. A small spark of flame appeared at the indicated spot to make it more clear.

"You'll find the more famous works.. Aswell as pieces that are less known. Yet. Qualified by yours truly to be sold in this store." She said, before proceeding back to checking the register, nodding slightly to herself, murmuring an inaudible word to the small puppy. Wich jumped down from the register. She took a piece of paper and a quill, starting to scribble some titles down that might be of an interest to the moon elf.

SilmeriaElemred

''I do not mind a dusty bookstore, it has a lot of charm and love in it.'' Elle said calmly and gave a polite bow. ''Thank you. I will see what you have. I will not leave emptyhanded for sure though.'' she said and looked at the puppy. Petting it briefly before going to where the spark had appeared.

She looked at the spins from the books and picked out a few. Looking through them swiftly but with great care. Not only did Elle look at the known works, but also unknown works that most people would not even have glanced at.

''How long have you ran this store if I may ask? Just... curiosity. I have never been so long and far away from home before.'' she admitted.

Medievarad

She looked up, smirking faintly at the statement. "Mayhaps.." She nodded at the bow. "No need to be formal. Take all the time you need." The puppy made a gentle and cute whimper as it was petted. The white fur being warm to the touch. The woman rolled the small paper up, kneeling down and holding it out to the puppy as her costumer went to check the shelves that Ameterasu had indicated.

The puppy took the paper in it's mouth and walked to the back of the store. While she proceeded to check the regidter once more. Yet subtly keeping an eye on the costumer. "A few years. Roughly five. And ofcourse you may. I am Ameterasu, by the way." She said, glancing to her side and noticing a small pile of books on the floor, picking them up and putting them on the counter. The books being from the list she had made.

SilmeriaElemred

''My name is Elle Nightsong. Pleasure to meet you. Be careful with what you say though.'' Elle said with a chuckle and took a poetry book with roughly cut pages. ''If you tell me to take the time I need I might as well grab my belongings from the inn and sleep here. I love books. Stories. Poetry... and knowledge useful for my kin's survival. There are so many books though, even being Elven I surely can never read them all.'' already she had about five books she wanted to buy.

''Do you... have a favourite?'' she asked.

Medievarad

"The pleasure is mine. And I close shop in roughly.. Five hours." She said with a soft chuckle. "And then we share that passion, Elle Nightsong." She said with a soft nod, closing the register again. Having about all the books shethought would be useful to the moon elf. "Motivations are different. Yet we both seek knowledge. Entertainment." She said as she pressed her legs together behind the counter. A subtle move that could mean a variety of things, but would go unnoticed.

"My favourite?" She chuckled slightly. "I've read enough to be unable to have one. But the first that comes to mind is 'Curse upon a clouded star'. It is a long tale about a young woman, falling in love with a man. Yet they are both commoners. Yet the man does not wish to bethrod her. He, rather than noticing the affections of the main character, is discontent with his life and seeks to become a mercenary." She smirked. "It is a tragic tale where she follows the onr she loves. Her struggles. I do remember my favourite paragraph from the tale. It was a very short one." She took a deep breath. "And the weft and weave of fate guides those who give in to their destiny, despite their hardships. Thode who fail to accept their future, are to be constricted in the web of their past."

She leaned down on the counter again. This might've been the worst time for her to start feeling like this. She squeezed her legs together a bit tighter. Just handle this costumer for now, so she could close shop earlier and give in to the desires that stirred in her stomach.

SilmeriaElemred

''Well books and stories that have tregedy. Meaning. Lessons to be learned. Despite often sad they are the best. There was a story I came across once in a library. About a a gipsy girl, a priest, a soldier and a hunchback. The book was called, Our Lady Cathedral weeps.'' Elle picked out some books and then went to the counter. It were twn books in total. Some a bit heavier then the others.

''I will take these for now. But do not be suprised if at some point I come back for more. I'd like to share the passion for books with you.'' she then pondered. ''I stay at Silvermane inn. Dinner my treat?'' it was then though she noticed a little difference in Ameterasu's posture. ''Are you alright?'' she asked.

Medievarad

She nodded, agreeing to Elle's sentiment. "I've heard about that one.." She said with a faint smile, taking the books, inspecting them briefly. "Hm. Alrighty, that comes down on four gold and two silver coins." She said, sliding them back over the counter towards Elle. She nodded. "Ofcourse. I'd love to see you back here."

The room was getting slightly warmer, not to Ameterasu, no, she was practically burning up. The sudden, but slight increase to heat might be noticable to the moon elf. She took a deep breath. Telling herself to lower her own bodyheat. "Alright. I will.. Meet you after I close shop? And yes. I'm fine.." She said with weak smile. A faint blush coloring her cheeks due to the sheer heat building up inside of her.

She craved sweet release, still having her legs tightly pressed against eachother. It wasn't Elle's fault, but she sure as hell hoped the moon elf would be on her way again within the next five seconds. She couldn't help it, could barely fight it. But she needed to touch herself. More and more thoughts raced through her head. Fantasies, perverted thoughts. Some of those even containing the moon elf that she had just met five minutes ago. While there wasn't any change in her expression, she felt her crotch burning, her underwear becoming stained because of the arousal that seemed to have appeared out of nowhere.

She needed to close shop as soon as possible.

SilmeriaElemred

Elle did notice the increase in heat. ''You sure? You look a bit feverish. Make sure to take it easy ok? '' she said kindly and paid with five gold instead.

''You may keep the rest.'' She assured. And put the books in her shopping bag which seemed to have been made of jutte and thin willowbranches.

Also she took out something else. A wooden pot. ''I am just a priestess and healer in training but... rub some of this on your neck, wrists, forhead and cheekbones. It should reduce your temperature a little.''

She did not know about the condition her newly met friend had though. Never had she used the public baths at her home where when women bathed at night would almost be like this too.

Medievarad

"I will.." She said with a faint smile. For god's sake, she was literally burning up. She took a deep breath, trying to cool herself down and keep ignoring the thoughts that seeped into her consience. She nodded gratefully, regaining some of her composure. She took the coins, placing them in a small purse below the counter, before she stood up straight again, taking the pot with a puzzled face. "A-Ah.. Alright." She nodded again, putting the small, wooden pot on the counter aswell. "I'll see you later.. This evening, then."

She nodded with a faint smile, her legs quivering. She was afraid to let go of the counter, afraid that she'd litterally fall to the ground because of her legs giving up. The faint blush just became a tinge deeper.

SilmeriaElemred

''I will pick you up then.'' Elle said and waved, thanking Ameterasu for her service and after pettign the puppy one more time she left the store.

Outside she greeted the sunlight with almost a purr. ''Hello Father'' she said softly, before going to the market. She wondered though if Ameterasu would be alright and if it was maybe not to selfish of her to have asked the woman for dinner.

A sensation came over her however with the sunlight after a short while. A way for Solos to communicate with his daughters. Although it was not really clear. Female moon elves were after all more connected to Lunaria, their Mother. And because it was not clear to her she was not sure what to do.

A thought struck her then though. Maybe instead of letting Ameterasu come to the Silvermane inn, maybe she could bring food to her. Surely that would not be troublesome right?

Medievarad

She nodded again. "Ofcourse.. I'll leave the door unlocked." She said with the same faint smile. The small puppy answering to Elle's affections with a high pitched bark. With shakey hands, she took the scroll she had slid aside again, rolling it open slowly. And as soon as she heard the door close, an exhilirated breath left her. At last. The costumer was gone. "Turn the sign.." She said with a quivering voice. The creature barked shortly in response.

And Ameterasu dissappeared into the small hall behind her store, sprinting up the stairs. But she didn't really get further than the top, where sat down, panting in heat. "Finally.." She murmured to herself breathlessly, pullong down the slightly wet stained underwear from underneath her white garments and pulling the cloth that hid her bust from sight down. Another breathless moan coming from her at the sensation of the cloth roughly rubbing over her nipples. She had become this aroused and sensitive on such a short notice. She cursed her disability. Before she went to tease her own body with gentle strokes and delicate touches.

SilmeriaElemred

''Closed huh... hmm I should be on time still...'' a woman with white hair and white clothing with black accents stood outside of the shop. She had ordered a specific very rare book but by the looks of it she figured she'd have to come back tomorrow.

She picked something up though. A sweet scent but it was to weak here for her to figure out what it was.

--

Hours simply passed by but Elle never really got to understand what Solos tried to tell her. The few clouds in the sky also seemed as if they did not want her to know what her father and her kin's sun God wanted to say.

But at the promised time, Elle was outside of the shop again with a bag. It easily had released scents of lovely smelling food she had brought along with her. Regretting though she had forgotten to ask if Ameterasu just had her shop here, or also lived here. She had noticed some folk lived above their shops

Medievarad

She descended from the stairs again, the small puppy following her down. Her hair was tied up, a fresh pair of clothes and naturally, new underwear. She took a deep breath. Trying to focus. She enjoyed going out with someone. But she knew how it mostly ended. Right now, she didn't want this. The woman was a mere costumer, sharing a passion for books as Ameterasu herself did.

She opened the door, walking out. Her mind wandered, preoccupied and she smacked into the moon elf that had been awaiting her. She was quite shocked to say the least. She stepped back. Seemed at least the food was still intact. "My apologies." She said with a light bow, folding her hands in the progress. "I didn't think you'd be waiting for me."

SilmeriaElemred

''It's alright.'' Elle said with a giggle. ''Since you did not seem to feel so well I figured to bring it. If well. You still want to... I know I am a bit weird for most people outside of my home. I suppose that happens if you live so... secluded and are enthausiastic to meet new people...'' she shuffled a little with her feet.

''If I'm a bother you really should tell me...'' she did still smile though

Medievarad

She stood up straight again, padding off her clothing as she did. "Did I hurt you in any way?" A faint smole formed on her lips. "Ofcourse I still want to." She chuckled gently. "And besides.. All I see is someone who is concerned for another's wellbeing. Wich is beautiful." She stated with a soft smile.

Yet that smile. The elf's innocent appearance. She wasn't beautiful. She was stunning. She caught herself imagining what Elle would look like underneath her dress, the touch of her own skin against Elle's, more and more fantasies seeping in her mind. She quickly turned around to open the door. "Do come in." She walked back into her store.

SilmeriaElemred

''That is a relief.'' Elle said with a chuckle and entered the store.

''Hopefully you like what I brought. Again her eyes glanced through the store and the books. It made her smile. Their scent was nice and warm. Actually, this whole place felt nice and cozy.

''Have you ever encountered another one of my kin?'' she asked. Curious wether those who had set out to travel had come here too