Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

New Tides, Old Sea [M]

Started by visualspice, September 27, 2015, 12:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Whore? If the man served to rile him up, it only made the thief king laugh. But his opponent took to long on his attack, and Dekka was already ready for him. The lunge had come, and then his dodge, and soon Dekka was over top of him, arms secure and tight around the attackers neck.

"Ain't got fucking much t' say now that I'm fucking choking you!" came Dekka's raspy growl, his entire body shaking, fighting off the man scrambling beneath him- but his hold held true, and he wasn't aiming to ever let go until the man was dead.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

The attacker had faltered and now he was paying the price.

His hands grabbed uselessly at Dekka's and he made desperate choking noises as his face went red and his eyes rolled back into his head. It took a good number of minutes but his hands fell uselessly to his sides and he stopped breathing.

Evarelia had opened the door not long after and watched and as horrified as she wanted to be she just stared and bit her lip. Crouched down. A gentle shake of her head at him before she pressed a hand to her chest and closed the door again, moving to sit on the bed, wringing her hands. What were they going to do? One day at sea and already...

A careful little breath and she moved to lay down on the bed, willing herself to calm down.

What was supposed to be some sort of new adventure was turning out all wrong indeed. Much like the rest of her life managed to do.

visualspice

"What are you doing?" Dekka growled. "We need to toss him over board."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Evarelia frowned, going back to him, "Oh, when I need to do it you get angry, when you need to do it it's obvious." She huffled, folded her arms over her chest, "I'm not ruining another dress," She hissed, frowning at him before she pressed a hand to his shoulder, "Are you okay?"

visualspice

He felt something on his side, something wet. He must've gotten cut. But it was strange she asked how he felt, because he suddenly felt dizzy and when he went to move, he suddenly toppled over in a spell to the ground.

Draconian

"Oh, shit."

Evarelia fell to her knees when Dekka went down, whispering his name in a harsh whisper before she looked around again, pressing a hand to his side. Coming back wet she gasped and smoothed her clear hand over his face, "Dekka. Dekka you have to go lay down. We have to fix this," her hair was a tumbled red mess and she looked at the dead body of the man on the ground.  "You go clean up your wound and I'll... I'll figure out what to do with our friend."

visualspice

"Fuck the wound, I was fucking poisoned," he growled, and tried to sit up, his head very much feeling light and swollen.

Draconian

"Poisoned?" She hissed, panicking, "Dekka, what do I do?" She moved to push his shirt from the wound, "Tell me what to do before you pass out or die, please!"

visualspice

Dekka groaned.
"We either fucking bleed me out or find an antidote on that fucking corpse," he growled, lamely crawling over towards the fallen body as he began to pat it down to look.

Draconian

Sure she read books.

Evarelia gave a very hesitant nod though, moving to the body and rifling through the pockets, grabbing at his coat. Looking for some sort of secret pocket. Frantic. She didn't want Dekka to die -even if he was an asshole.

The first thing she found was a pen, which went sailing over her shoulder in irritation and then.

In his coat. behind a pocket.

"Dekka," She whispered grabbing at the little vial in the coat, fingers tore at fabric and she looked at it, mouth open lightly, worried, "Is this it?" How would he knew? Well, hopefully he'd know better than her.

visualspice

Dekka snatched the vial and uncorked it with his teeth. Spitting the cork aside, he rolled the vial between two fingers an inch or two below his nose.

"It's either the antidote, or more poison, and at this rate, if I don't try it it might not fucking matter."
So he knocked it back and shivered. The damn stuff was bitter as fuck, and it was hard to go down, and sent a stinging through his veins, that made him lurch forward and grip at his chest.

Draconian

Oh no

She'd just sent her childhood love to his death.

Fear gripped Evarelia's chest and she reached forward, one hand on his shoulder, the other on his back. "Dekka," She hissed, looking around, alarmed, afraid. Tears filled her eyes and she tried to pull him close gently, to just lean on, to hold. "Dekka, please?" She whispered, taking a deep breath, afraid and worried, "Dekka!"

visualspice

A hot whiteness flooded his vision, burned his nose and burned his blood. He had no control over the consequences, his body writhing before he paused a moment, not realizing he was butting into Evrie (not that he was in the condition to care). Though they were both getting older, his body was still hard and strong, from long years of living up his ego- of stealing, sneaking and women. At least he'd die when he was still handsome. It would be a shame if the world were to see him age after such a life live in sinful youth.

But fire's never go out so easily, but it seemed his days were numbered as he unconsciously vomited, and then a second round heaped blood onto her dress. And then he law still, stiff- like death.

But he was still breathing, slow and shallow. And his heart beat was even weaker. Beating. It'd stop, then it'd beat gently, slowly again.

Draconian

Evarelia went stone cold.

This was almost familiar. The jerky movements, the vomiting, the blood. Her hands pressed against his cheek and she sobbed at how cold he was. "I just found you again," She whispered against his forehead, vomit and blood staining her nightgown. She pressed her forehead to his neck, ready to sob at the loss of someone who had been, was? important to her and she felt it. A gentle flutter. Like a butterflies wings. So soft and fragile.

"Dekka?" She whispered, lifting his head in her arm. Still dead weight. He was so cold. A sigh. Evarelia ignored the assassins body before she steeled herself and grabbed Dekka's arm. It couldn't get worse right? It took effort and do doubt she left a trail of Gross as she dragged Dekka to her room. Depositing him to the floor beside the bed, she pushed her blankets off of it and onto him, getting him comfortable before she left the room and grabbed the assassin by the wrist and dragged him along.

Instead of throwing him over the railing those, she shoved his ass under the bottom of it.

Sweaty, panting, she rushed to her bedroom. Luckily, everyone was sleeping or ignoring the noises outside their room and she did her best to clean the mess of blood and vomit that led to her room. Get Dekka warm. That was important. So, Evarelia went to her closet, grabbed a new nightgown, pulled that one, hide the dirty one and curled up on the floor with him, an arm around his middle, a leg up on his waist. Her hand moved up and down his cold chest and she snuggled her face in against his neck. "You're taller than I remember you being," She whispered, eyes falling closed.

If Dekka wasn't here. Would she have died? It chilled her to think that, yes, probably.

visualspice

Strange how everything was so quiet- to the noises on deck, to the noises in their room. Quiet.

It was a luxury cruise... Maybe there had been a dinner, it would explain why none were in their cabins. Or maybe it was the late hour; a lot would be in bed were there not some ball or dinner to attend. But this was a luxury ship, one built to entertain, to show the world a real castle on the waters.

So it was strange when the entire thing lurched and creaking out an unearthly groan before the entire ship shuddered back onto still waters.

That.
That got the entire place to awaken.

There had been a ball, a grand ball that night onthe further end of the ship....
Fortunate for them, the massive iceburgh did not hit their side, but close enough. It hit the ship in any event and where it did it was taking on water- and fast.
Unfortunately for Evarelia, the iceburgh had carved out a nasty hole, just on her side of the waters; to elicit the most haunting of noises she'd ever known.

And that he'd ever known. Somewhere between one and midnight, he had awakened. The party was still going on, there was silence everywhere. And though it was cold (damn rich snobs thinking it was a smart idea to sail through cold, ocean waters), he had awoken to warm arms around him.

A strong hand smoothed up her body, eyes still closed as he took in her smell, took in her feel. It didn't take much effort to push up her nightgown, for his lips to find her's and for him to whisper her name in want-

Just when the iceburgh struck.

"What the fuckin' hell!?" It was haunting enough to wake the dead and the man leaped to his feet and rushed out the room. Only when he threw the door open did the ship tremble again,a nd he caught himself against the side of door.

He was still reeling from what happened. Had he been poisoned? Was he about to get laid?
Did it matter if the damn ship was being attacked? But as he rushed down the hall, uncaring he hadn't any shoes on, and made it up onto the deck, he looked around, surprised to see not much of anything.

Then he heard it- the guests on the other side of the ship, and a few fleeing their way (or from it)

"Ships been hit!" one old man said to the couple as he passed. "They're checking on it, but we're heading to the front, gonna see if the ship can take whatever it was it it into. If not.." he shook his head, "You should get to the life boats as well." And the pair disappeared from sight.

Draconian

It felt like a dream. Hands on her. Sleepily she had accepted the touches and the caresses and Evarelia moved into them. Except that jolt. That noise. Her eyes snapped open and she watched Dekka get up and rush from the room. Instantly she'd never been more scared than she was before and she rubbed at her chest before she quickly pulled on a robe before she followed after Dekka, barefoot as well.

Life boats?

Evarelia's breath was short, eyes closing briefly.

So, this was what it was like to die.

Slowly she grabbed Dekka's elbow, amazed and pleased that he was awake but... Evarelia sighed and looked at him before she started to tug him to the life boats. There was no way in hell she was going to die! "I haven't seen any grandbabies yet," Evarelia snapped, mostly to herself, "I absolutely refuse to die." A brief thought of her belongings. Jewelry. Clothes. Those could be replaced. What she considered priceless she already wore.

"C'mon, we need to get to safety," And she continued to drag Dekka along. It would be easier to worry about how to survive once they were well... Safe.

visualspice

Dekka wasn't much for being dragged, but he didn't move well enough on his own out of confusion rather than any ill will to escape a sinking ship. But something seemed.. off.

"Isn't it too quiet out here?" he murmured, eyes adjusting to the dark as he looked back towards what he could only presume had been the iceberg they had crashed into. It was large and pointed, but not much stuck out from the water. But even in the moonlessnight, he could see it's shadow lurking dark and deep beneath the waters.

But that's when he saw something else. The large shadow...
It moved just beside the side of the ship....
And was basically the same side of it. He stopped dead in his tracks and shivered.

"What the fuck..."
And then the moving shadow was gone.

Draconian

Did she care if it was too quiet?

Evarelia almost snapped at him to get moving. Like she'd said, she wanted to see grandchildren before she died, damnit! Her daughters married off to decent men! Cute children! Anything! Then Dekka stopped dead and she jerked her head towards him, felt him shiver.

His voice had her freeze and she moved closer to him out of fear, "Dekka?" Her voice was quiet, looking at him, "What...?" Chewing on her lip, she felt the ship lurch to the side, like a wave had crashed against it that tried to push it over and she planted her feet the best she could and held onto Dekka for dear life. "Please, we have to move. I don't want to die here, do you?"

visualspice

As the ship was knocked into, he managed to catch Evarelia before stumbling to get his footing. He found himself resting against one of the boat's cabin walls as he tried to figure out just what the hell was going on when her words cut him back to reality. His heart must've been hammering. He grunted at her words and snorted, "Of course not. I'm not fucking dying here."

Green eyes cut across the ship, and he moved forward, roughly pulling her along.
He didn't know what the hell was going on, but even he wanted to piss his pants at the prospect there was some massive sea creature potentially attacking the ship.
Things would have been easier had it been just an iceberg taking them down...

But he could sense it... whatever was out there, and he began to move more swiftly. He knew it'd strike again.

Draconian

There was confidence in his words.

Evarelia didn't really believe him though.

They were in the middle of the ocean, even if they survived the ship sinking... Where would they go? It was cold and bitter outside and the water was freezing. For the first time in her life she wished she was a mage or something. Maybe then she could be help to someone. Water mage. Take care of that pesky ocean.

Evarelia swallowed carefully, doing her best to remain calm.

A long look at Dekka while they moved to whichever exit to at least not die with the ship. "Dekka," She panted, heart making her breath pick up, "I have something really important that you need to know." Still, she clung to him, moving to the best she could, barefeet cold against the floor, "Do you want to know it now or after we survive?" Licking her lips she looked at him, giving a startled yelp when the ship lurched again. This was ... Probably the worst idea she'd ever had. Yeah, a ship ride. What a great idea.