Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Under The Night Sky [SilverLuna]

Started by Ethereal-Star, October 05, 2015, 07:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

OOC Tags to @SilverLuna !

Beside the large ancient dragon shrine, where clear water bubbled down from a spring stood an elven woman with grayish-blue skin and vividly blue-colored hair. Her long dark blue and black robe flowed down to her ankles, seeming to shimmer like moonlight itself. She gripped a black staff in one hand, currently raising it to the night sky, channeling moonlight through it to form a ball of silver light in her outstretched hand.

Obsidian often came here to practice her magic, that of the moon and the dark night itself. At the hours of dusk and afterwards, when the sun went down was when her magic was strongest and the moon elf took whatever opportunities she had to practice and strengthen it. After her harrowing adventure in Connloath revolving around an extremely powerful artifact of godly proportions, Obsidian had returned back to The Elementalists' Guild in Darken Vei to report her findings and the whereabouts of said artifact. It had certainly been a trying journey and after all was said and done, Obsidian had been exhausted. Much worse than that, it had not given her much of a chance to be one with the moon and the goddess Nephril. Plus the fact she had just recently received her mage possessions back since she couldn't have taken those with her to Connloath. But she was glad it was all over, the enemy thwarted for the time being. Or so she hoped.

Letting the ball of light extinguish, Obsidian concentrated then on preparing more moon water from a silver bowl she used to collect the spring water, and then let it charge under the moonbeams where they shone the brightest and purest. During this time all around her was pretty quiet, with many of the Sanctuary's inhabitants either doing their own thing or were elsewhere in this labyrinth of greenery and broken pillars. For now, Obsidian enjoyed the solitude as it allowed her to work on what she needed to. While the moon water was charging, she opened up her book on her religion of 'Mysteria' and began to read. It definitely felt good to refresh her memory of many of the passages contained therein.

Soon the sound of soft footsteps that could only belong to another elf met her keen ears. Obsidian looked up then, looking around for whoever it was. She would welcome the company for the time being.

SilmeriaElemred

A man appeared from the nightly shadows and he could barely be more opposite then Obsidian. His skin was slightly tanned. Eyes and hair white blonde.

His clothes were simple, but made of good quality fabric. Right now he wore a lose green tunic. The laces at the height of his chest tied only very weakly which caused him to expose a bit of his chest.

His remaining clothes were brown fabric boots and a beige pants. On his back, a packpack made of both hard and soft materials and everything cisable on the outside seemed neatly stored; a bedroll, rope, even a pan.

''Good evening.'' Orion spoke with a smile. He had heard her or rather said, movements from this direction. ''I hope I am not disturbing you''

Ethereal-Star

The lunar mage closed her book and stood up to greet him. "Not at all." she smiled. "I was just taking the time to reacquaint myself with my magic and faith."

Obsidian noted his appearance and wondered what kind of elf he was. But she didn't ask just yet. She figured it would come up sooner or later. "You are more than welcome to join me this fine night." she told him, patting the wooden bench beside her and her belongings.

"I am Obsidian and it is a pleasure to meet you. Might I have the pleasure of knowing yours?" Her dark eyes shimmered with a kind of celestial light, which bespoke volumes of her moon elven heritage. In those eyes, it seemed that pure moonlight shone within their depths, made all the more evident because of the night around them.

SilmeriaElemred

''I am named Orion. Pleasure meeting you too'' He looked at Obsidian for a moment. Never before had he met an elf like her despite she slightly reminded him of the women from Ostoraea. But various things were different. Her eyes for example which were very intriguing

He sat down on the bench and figured he had to ask. ''What kind of Elf are you? It is the first time I've had the pleasure meeting one.'' he spoke. He breathed in deeply feeling the moonlight on his skin, rejuvinating him.

Ethereal-Star

Obsidian smiled as she noted him basking in the moonlight, her own curiosity peaked as well. "I am from a distant moon elven village. I left long ago for reasons of self-enlightenment. I will go back one day however. But that time is not now."

Examining his features of golden hair and tanned skin, she observed the way he seemed to be at peace. Like he was at home under the night sky and one with Mother Moon. She would almost call him one of her own kind, except for his appearance which was so different from the male moon elves where she hailed. "Now that I have told you my lineage, I would much like to know yours as well."

All was calm in the gardens, some people having left the premises due to the time. Obsidian would estimate it to be a little past the tenth hour of night.

SilmeriaElemred

Orion was suprised to hear she was a moon-elf but he did let her finish speaking.

He chuckled first though. ''You are a MoonElf as well?'' he asked. ''Although the men of my kin could be called Sunelves rather then Moonelves. I come from Astoraea. A village in the forest in Serendipity not to far away from Adela. My kin is from one of the Sun Gods named Solos, and one of the Moongodesses named Lunaria. My and my kin are their indirect children.''

Ethereal-Star

The admission of him being a moon elf as well strengthened the sense of kinship she felt with him, despite the fact they had only just met. "I would love to hear all about it."

Obsidian smoothed out her dark blue mage attire, before looking at him again. "Lunaria is one of the goddesses of my religion but our main Goddess is Nephril. She is said to be the Mother of Lunaria as well as all the others."

SilmeriaElemred

''I see'' Orion spoke with enthausiasm. ''It is a pleasure meeting another kind of Moonelf. Is there a legend involving Nephril too? If there is I would love to hear it.''

Ethereal-Star

"Likewise." Obsidian agreed.

"There is indeed a legend about Her. I shall tell it to you then." Clearing her throat, the blue-haired moon elf began to speak, her voice lilting and full of pride for her religion and Mother Goddess.

"At the dawn of time,
when the forces of night and day had just been established,
there existed a realm all unto itself.
This realm was said to be the birthplace of dreams, imagination, and intuition.
A place of mystery, magic and divinity.
It is rumored to be a place of peace, serenity and calm, a place like no other.
It is said to shine with a silver light of truth and of unearthly ethereal beauty.
In this place lay a pool of clear water lit only by the pale light of the moon and stars.
A figure was said to rise up from these waters, completely nude and possessing a beauty that few could rival.
She was said to be the very embodiment of the energies found here, and from her womb all others like her were born into existence.
For she is the Mother of all moon deities, the Mother of the Night and the Guardian of Dreams, the Gateway to Intuition and Insight.
From her all beings find their way, not in the bright light of the sun but in the gentle rays of moonlight, the subliminal messages of the unconscious and the deep journey within one's soul.
She is Nephril, the Eternal Moon Goddess,
The One who blesses her children with wisdom and the answers to our deepest questions.
She is our Lady of Silver Light, and through Her we shall find the enlightenment of the ages.
The journey of the soul and spirit is Her gift to us,
And with Her we shall never want for peace and inner beauty.
Nephril is our Light and our Sanctuary,
Our means of achieving a higher state of being.
She is the silent dark to the sun's glowing light.
She is our Mother, Guardian and Caretaker all in one.
She is Tranquility of the deepest kind."

Finishing her tale, Obsidian looked over to Orion. "We do honor and revere the others, but our main worship is centered on Nephril."

SilmeriaElemred

''It sounded beautiful.'' Orion said with a smile and looked up to the sky before closing his eyes.

Lunaria and Solos are lovers but thei failed into conceiving a child of their own so instead they blessed elves who had trouble to make a child as well. Lunaria blessed women. Solos blessed men. Those who were born from those blessed, are named the firstborn. Their magic power is stronger then the generations after though.''

Ethereal-Star

"That is also a story amongst my people, but it is a lesser known one with a couple different variants than what you describe. But it is quite nice to hear another version of it."

Obsidian smiled serenely. "I could stay out here all night, just one with the moon and the stars. I imagine it is the same for you as well." The lunar mage looked at Orion as she said this.

SilmeriaElemred

Orion nodded. ''Lunaria protects us when we sleep outside as long as we are in her light. Although I as a male of my kin of Moonelf, I draw most of my power from the sun. Are men from your particular kin of Moonelf like that too?''

Ethereal-Star

Obsidian shook her head. "All moon elves where I come from have very much the same characteristics regardless of gender. We personify the moon and all that She embodies. Many of my kind are healers and mages, some like myself having worked directly in the village temple."

Thinking back for just a moment in time, the blue-haired lunar mage returned her focus back to the present. "While many in the village, especially the priests and priestesses of the temple liked to sleep outside in the light of the moonbeams, as we believe that it brings us closer to our true selves and our Goddess in general, not all of us do. It is thought that Nephril watches over those who sleep in her mystical arms, guiding and protecting us. I myself believe this, having done so many times before. When dawn comes, I feel all the more enriched because of this, in body and mind, as well as in spirit. As a former priestess I still do so at times, depending on where in the world I am."

A cloud briefly passed over the moon, casting the night around them into near darkness before moving past the celestial body and away from it, bringing the light once more back to the area.

The moon elf looked up at the sky. "It is said that when a cloud passes over the moon, it is a time of contemplation and prayer. That the gods are always there, no matter if She is visible or not. If one is quick enough to say a prayer at this time, they will have great blessings in the near future." she smiled.

SilmeriaElemred

''My kin are healers too but for those who do not train it it rather dangerous. Especially large wounds. It can cause us to blackout or faint, or even get physical injury ourselves. The more we practise of course the less change for physical harm. Despite men of my kin of moonelves are stronger by day we do feel Lunaria's light and that she protects us if we sleep in her blanket of moonlight too. But we are dependant on it for survival as well.''

After a brief pause Orion continued. If we are not exposed or not exposed enough to sunlight or moonlight, we become so weak we eventually can even die. Limit is about a week or so. There only have been a few exceptions who have a shorter limit since when they were born, they had no sun or moonlight. So in case of long darkness, we have this.''

Orion revealed a glinstering gem which sparkled like a star. ''We call these Star tears. They store moonlight and sunlight which we can draw out if needed. They will be dull after doing so but can be recharged by exposing them to light again.''

Ethereal-Star

Obsidian listened attentively as Orion spoke. Nodding here and there as he spoke of things that she could very much relate to. When the other moon elf brought out the Star Tear to show it to her, Obsidian looked at it with interest. "It is beautiful." she told Orion. "And a beautiful way to embrace the magic of the moon and stars as well."

Lifting up her moonstone necklace, the lunar mage caressed it gently in her bluish fingers. "Some of my kin do something similar with moonstones. Moonstones are said to be a direct conduit for moon energy, able to store great amounts of moonlight in their crystalline depths. Sometimes I will even place a moonstone directly into a silver bowl filled with spring water under the light of the moon when I make moon water. It is said to greatly enhance the effects, but is not always needed. Only if I am undergoing a great transcendental journey or need more insight on a dream will I make use of it. Water blessed by the moon is potent enough without it. But it does help in any instance."

Obsidian looked over to the silver bowl which was currently resting where the most amount of moonbeams would fall on its surface. The water gleamed in a surreal light, but it needed to remain there for the rest of the night in order to be strong enough for her to use when needed. "I am currently charging a bowl of water now." Indicating her head in the bowl's direction. "I use it for a couple moon spells as well as before I lucid dream or simply just to sleep more peacefully. It has come in handy many a time."

SilmeriaElemred

''I see'' Orion replied and pondered. ''My kin meditates... if there is a dream we do not understand we ask the Firstborn mainly. What is this lucid dreaming you speak of? I have not heard about that before.''

He watched the water in the bowl for a moment. It felt potent. Maybe a bit to much for himself. The star tears were most likely not as strong as the moonstone was but the crystals were grown and harvested by his people using star,moon and sunlight. Maybe he could bring a moonstone with him back home if he would ever find one.

Tags: