Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Arcane/Magic Weapons (Specifically Guns)

Started by Nightmare, October 14, 2015, 03:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightmare

So, I was wondering what the restrictions would be on a magic that involved guns. For anyone who has played TERA, think of something similar to the Arcannon used by the Gunner class. Essentially what I'm thinking is having a character create a weapon that channels his/her magical energy into the form of bullets. In order to make it similar in ability to the technology of the time all the attacks would either have long charge up times, similar to how long it would someone proficient with a wheellock weapon to reload. Either that or the gun would "overload" after being fired and not be able to be used again for that amount of time.

Basically what I'm wondering is this. Would a weapon like this be allowed/practical for SotE, and if so what limitations would be needed on it?

Rhindeer

Don't see why that couldn't work! Once magic enters the equation, we're pretty loosey goosey here. xD So go for it! Sounds like it has reasonable limitations and stuff so I say it sounds great! 8D
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa