Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Knight, Through Yonder Window Breaks?

Started by visualspice, November 08, 2015, 08:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He didn't have time to think or he would have reconsidered the womanly shriek that erupted from his throat. But to find himself clinging to a woman who just sprouted wings? That was equally as humiliating. However, he also didn't want to die, and he clung onto her fervently the second his boots left the ground.

"What the- Are we really!?"
He could have laughed- maybe he did? He looked back to the guards. Yes, he was laughing.
"Gods.. woman just don't.. don't drop me!"

He was fragile! ANd he wans't sure he wanted to make any more summer time snow!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Fiona laughed, bright and high and clear, and with a powerful beat of her wings they were soaring away. The guards' dumbstruck faces would be forever etched into her memory, and the thought made her grin.

Two wing beats and they were over the walls of the castle. One more sent them zipping away to a safer distance. Which was a very good thing because it was at that moment that her body decided to remind her that she'd never actually done this before (not to mention the fact that she was carrying someone else's weight in addition to her own); the underused muscles in her back seized up and they started approaching the ground at an alarmingly fast rate.

"Oh gods," she squeaked, fanning her wings as wide as they would go despite the soreness in an effort to slow down their return to earth. 

visualspice

Though terrified, Jack was captivated by the view. He'd never thought he'd ever fly before (you know, 'falling out of a window' incident aside). There was something terrifyingly awesome about it, though when they suddenly began to drop, he let out another yelp.
"Woah- hey, what's going- hey! Keep flying! We're going to crash!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"I- I can't!" Fiona panted. "Oh shi- Tuck and roll!" She hopped she'd gotten the warning out fast enough, because a few short moments later her feet struck the ground- much harder than she would have liked- and her knees buckled, breaking her grip on her companion and sending her rolling across the ground.

She lay on her side, wings sore and aching, the wind knocked solidly out of her, for a long moment. When her breath began to return, she pushed herself up onto her elbows, groaning. "Jack? Jack, you alright?"

visualspice

But he couldn't reply back. His voice had been taken from him- the fall.. having been rough- and hitting him far harder than he would have liked....
Right in the family jewels.

He lay now, quivering under the shade of an oak tree, twigs in his hair, pebbles scraped and embedded into bitten flesh, while he held onto him self in a fetal position. It hurt like hell- Gods it did! He just had to make a rocky landing on his family jewels... ona  log!

DragonSong

"Jack?" Fiona repeated, starting to worry when she got no response. She forced herself to her feet, biting back a grunt of pain, and looked around. He seemed to have roll some distance away from her and was huddled into a ball. "Oh no," she muttered, hurrying over. "Are you hurt? Did you break something? Damnit, I'm so sorry, I've never actually flown before, I didn't expect-"

She babbled when she was nervous...

visualspice

To top off the fact he landed and injured his balls, now he had the woman flailing like a ninny over him, and cawing like a damned crow. He groaned and when he was finally able to gain some voice, he croaked, "Please.. just... stop.... talking..."

DragonSong

"Sorry..." Fiona sat back, clapping her hands over her mouth. It didn't seem like anything was broken, but he was still curled up, clutching his-

Oh.

She winced. That had to hurt...

visualspice

Jack finally found enough strength to sit up, but he was pulling at his pants some to loosen them.
"Just..." he wheezed, face a bit blue and flushed. "Give... me...." His breathing was rough. "A minute, alright?"

DragonSong

Fiona nodded, but then something caught her attention. Noise from the castle floated toward them on the air; their escape hadn't gotten them very far away, and she could hear the clashes of metal and shouts of conflict from where they crouched.

"Um, I'm not sure we have a minute..." she said nervously.

visualspice

"I'm.... not exactly... asking," he went on, his breaths becoming less labored but still- the pain had been intense and didn't seem to be subsiding anytime soon.

"Gods..." he blinked back a few tears- since you know, tears were hardly manly! "I'm pretty sure if I ever wanted kids... you just destroyed their future."

And it was only then he began to hear the call of guards echoing through the trees.

"Great... just great. Not only am I rendered useless, but that attempt to escape with our lives seems like it'll end up with us dead anyways." He winced as he still tried to adjust his pants.
"Couldn't you have just let them kill me before you threw me, balls first, into that tree?"

DragonSong

"Hey, I didn't mean to throw you!" she protested. "I've never done that before, how was I supposed to know how to land?"

She wanted to pout, but judging by the volume of the guards it seemed like they didn't quite have the time. "You can use magic, can't you?" she said hurriedly. "You made that snow, right? Can't you just..." She waved her hand in the general direction of his crotch. "Fix it?"

visualspice

At that...
He just stared at her.

And stared.
And stared.

ANd stared some more.

He coughed out a laugh.

"Are you suggesting I freeze my balls off!? Yeah, cause that's a good idea!" he came back, sarcasm thick in his voice as he pushed himself to his feet. He was a bit wobbly, but even he knew he'd just have to deal with his throbbing balls because well....

The guards were well on their way!

Like an old man, he began to hobble away.

DragonSong

Fiona followed him, not sure where they were going, what they would do when they got there, how they would handle the guards when the caught up (because at the pace they were going that was bound to happen), and-

"Do you have any sort of plan at all?" she asked, voice a little panicky. Why, oh why, had she ever wanted an adventure?

visualspice

Still hobbling, he gave a croaky laugh.
"Plan? You think this was all planned?" He gave a roll of his shoulders, which cracked lightly from the effort. "Look, even in the ring, I don't have a plan."
As if she even knew about his night time activities as 'Jack-in'the-box'- though he always talked as if people just knew about it, anyway.

"You just run with the punches,a nd fake where you hope the bluff won't get caught."

DragonSong

"Oh, fabulous." She stopped, grabbing his shoulder. Brain whirling, she tried to plan for them both. "Ok, ok... I think I have an idea, follow me." She took off in the direction of the city, saying over her shoulder, "I know a place where we can lay low for a while."

visualspice

Seeing what direction she was going, he began to drag his feet.
"Woah, woah, woah- listen lady.. do you even know which way you're dragging me?"
He was skeptical of her ability to help, after all. Need he remind her of his bruise?

DragonSong

"Yes, I'm not an idiot," she said sharply, glancing at him. "Look, I know the last time I said this it...didn't exactly end well, but you're just gonna have to trust me."

She figured that wasn't her strongest argument, so she added, "Besides, I don't wanna get caught either- why would I walk right into danger with you?"

visualspice

Jack made a face.
"I could ask the same question, considering I don't even know why we're out here in this mess together," he went on, sourly. "But lead the way, Wingy."

DragonSong

"Oi, I'm not the one who got his ass punched out a window," Fiona retorted, frowning. They were coming up on the outlying houses now. She started to relax; if she could just get him into the shop, they would be safe.

"What the hell was going on back there, anyway?" she asked quietly.