Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Knight, Through Yonder Window Breaks?

Started by visualspice, November 08, 2015, 08:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Jack just sneered a laugh.
"Relax, don't think I'd waste the energy. Besides.." He grunted, removing a shoulder pad. "I didn't really ask for your help."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Right, right, you had things completely under control," Fiona muttered, blinking tears out of her eyes and moving around behind him to work on the other shoulder pad, hopefully avoiding another errant fist. "That was very evident by your totally-in-control nosedive out of a window."

visualspice

"Hey! That nose dive was important," he went on, dropping his other shoulder pad. "Saved my life, didn't it?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She sort of giggled in spite of herself. "Yeah, guess it did." Bending to move the discarded pieces of armor into a pile, she asked, "Do you have any idea what was going on back there? You said something about your fellow knights not exactly being on your side- what did you mean?"

visualspice

He paused just for a moment to look over at her as he was removing more straps of armor- and he was also wondering just how many straps was there on this thing- really!?

"Let's just say they didn't appreciate what I had to say," he told her, giving her a knowing look that said she'd be best to know, otherwise.

He shrugged off what remained of his armor and gave a roll of his shoulders. The cool air now felt nice against his sweat soaked skin, which made his sleeveless tunic stick to his body like a second skin. So there was no more bulky armor to hide his thick frame of solid muscles, and bruises and scars to match.

He stared down at the pile of armor and knelt beside it, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.
"Wonder how much this could fetch? Bet it'd be a pretty penny..."

DragonSong

Fiona quirked an eyebrow. "Don't waste time do you?" The pithy comment was mostly a cover for the way her eyes wandered over his frame. Being a knight- or whatever he was exactly- she'd assumed he'd be pretty built, but damn... This guy looked like he spent every spare second either punching or getting punched.

She vaguely recalled him saying something about boxing, which would explain that she supposed. Tapping his shoulder, she stood and said, "C'mon, let's get you a change of clothes. You reek."

visualspice

He blinked and looked up at her.
"Change of clothes?"
He looked down and smelled his arm pit.

"I guess I've had better days. But I ain't exactly a man to want to smell like a daisy."
He stood up, stretching and moved his arms a bit. It was a wonder how anyone walked around in that tin attire.

"And how do you expect us to get me a change of clothes? That's the least of my worries," he told her, giving her a knowing look before sighing nad looking around. His hands went to his hips. "Besides... are clothes just gonna spring up from the ground like some sorta flower?"
At such an idea, he shook his head.

"First thing is first.. we can deal with my smell later, okay?" And he looked the woman over. "So now that we're down here in the dirt dungeon, I say we wait another five minutes then figure out where the hell to go from here. Now I ain't exactly wasteful, well, in some degree I can be, but I'm taking this armor with me. I did get fired today, after all." He told her, giving her a sarcastic smile.

DragonSong

She nodded. "Alright." Then she pointed above their heads. "My plan was to keep you squirreled away down here and go make up some excuse for Brigid as to why I lost a delivery. I could get the cart and we could try to figure out a way to smuggle that-" she pointed to the armor- "and this-" she pointed to him- "to somewhere safe."

Leaning back against the wall she added, "Of course I'm open to better ideas. Preferably ones that won't get my hide whipped by my mother."

visualspice

He smiled, almost.. it was a partial one, anyway.
"That ain't a bad idea, but why are you using that finger to point at me?"

DragonSong

Fiona quirked an eyebrow. "What, not the one you're used to?" she teased, half smiling. She sobered quickly though, glancing up with a sharp exhale. "Alright. I guess I'll go try to get the cart then. I'll bring it around to the front door..." She bit her lip, thinking. "We're gonna need some kinda signal, I suppose...and I still have no idea where I should be taking you."

She looked at him expectantly, hoping he had something useful.

visualspice

ANd he just looked at her...
And stared before giving a patronizing scoff.
"So.. the plan is we have no plan?" He looked the woman over. "And what is this idea of carting me to someplace? I'm not exactly going to sit back and let some winged lady think she's in the clear enough to hide my ass. I think you've already forgotten that they're probably after you, too."

He folded his arms across his chest and gave a casual toss of his head to one side.

"Why don't we just wait until night fall and just make a run for it. Or, since I already smell, we could just find a sewer and move to the outskirts that way." And he spoke of such an idea as if it were no big thing. He'd be in the sewers before. They were a terrible place to be-
However, sometimes it was the only way to get to a boxing match, or even host when.
And those matches were the ones that cost many betting men a lot of money.

DragonSong

Fiona wrinkled her nose at the thought. "Um, ew," she muttered. "Look, sewers may work for you, but no thanks. I'm not the wanted mage..."

But- she was. The realization came with a jolt that widened her eyes. True, she wasn't technically a mage, but she doubted the soldiers would stop to figure out the difference, or even care if they did.

She dropped her head into her hands with a soft groan. "Twenty-two years of hiding and I blow it in less than half an hour," she muttered. Oh gods, her mother was going to kill her.

visualspice

"Twenty two years of what?" he crinkled his nose an moved to have a seat on the wooden steps. Somehow,t he musty wood scent calmed him. Maybe it reminded him of when he was young...
He leaned back on the steps, as if to stretching out on them while he stared up at the ceiling.

"What were you hiding from? Being a mage? That seems to be the big deal around here. You know, they'll call you a mage even if you aren't you."
At that, he gave a half laugh at the statement and shook his head.

He then looked over at her.

"And what were you expecting to happen? It ain't like most Connlaothians can do... well... the flying wing thing, you know? But I think the real big deal is now they might lump us together- Hell, they might even call me a flying knight and say I'm the one with wings. Gods."

He gave a pathetic laugh at that.

"When did Connlaoth get so stupid?"

DragonSong

Fiona shook her head, thumping onto the floor. "I wasn't...I'm not a mage, really, but I'm close enough that Ma figured I'd be treated like one." She drew her finger across her throat meaningfully, then shrugged. "So she hid me away."

She looked up at him with a small, apologetic smile. "Sorry if I started some rumors about you," she attempted to joke, then sighed. "It's not Connlaoth that's stupid, it's the people. And gods sometimes I wish I could just crack their heads together."

Then she tilted her head at him curiously. "What about you then? You talk about hiding like it's a foreign concept, but you must've to have survived this long with powers like yours."

visualspice

He shrugged and talked about it like it was no big thing. He even laughed.
"The people i normally deal with ain't over protective parents or paranoid religious idiots. In fact, people like me?" He gave a shrug. "We're generally ignored and hell, that's how I like it."

DragonSong

She frowned. "How'd you wind up as a knight then?" She had a hard time imagining someone who was usually ignored ending up in a suit of armor.

visualspice

She just had to go there! He rolled his eyes.
"It wasn't really by choice, believe you me. But some people are just too persistent and dillusional."

DragonSong

Well, that was obviously a sore topic. She let it drop. "So how exactly are you planning on carting that big metal suit around with you through the...sewers?" she asked, nose wrinkling in distaste at the very idea.

Although, with the way things were going, she might not have much choice but to join him...

visualspice

"Hey, little girl, " he went on, defensively eyeing her up and thusly realising... He wasn't sure she was any smaller than he. "Aren't you forgetting something? You ARE looking at the guy who just wore that hunk of metal all day. Carrying it will be easy."

Or so he hoped. He was always a man that acted now, thought later.

DragonSong

She arched her eyebrows at "little girl", but didn't comment. "If you say so," she muttered shrugging. Tilting her head to listen, she added thoughtfully, "If you really want to wait down here 'til full dark, we're going to need something to eat. I dunno about you but I'm starving."