Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Knight, Through Yonder Window Breaks?

Started by visualspice, November 08, 2015, 08:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He gave her a deadpan look.
"You've got to be kidding me. We're running for our lives but you're worried about your next meal?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"What?" she said defensively, folding her arms. "I'm hungry! And the pantry is so close I can smell it- I could just run up and grab something." She paused, then added thoughtfully, "Actually, if we're gonna do this whole on-the-run thing, grabbing some supplies might not be the worst idea."

visualspice

Hands to his hips, his eyes went to the sky.
"Ansgar... If you're real, are you punishing me?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Fiona huffed petulantly. "Well, what's your plan then, oh Great and Wise One?" she muttered. "Because I'll tell you right now, I am not eating roasted sewer rat."

visualspice

He gave her a look.
"Plan?" he laughed. "Come on, doll, who really actually plans?" He shook his head.
"Although I'm thinking it might be wiser to put this damn metal puzzle back on.... What? And no, I never mentioned eating the sewer rats. Even a man like me got his limits."

DragonSong

Fiona groaned at the idea of attempting to get all those plates and straps back on him. "Well, while you do that I'm going to grab some food," she said, standing. Hopefully she'd be able to avoid her mother.

The thought made he heart pang. Was she really going to do this? To just run off- would she even see Brigid again?

But then, she didn't seem to have a lot of options.

visualspice

Jack eyed his armor.
"Well while you're at it, get me a sandwich, why don't you?" He didn't even bother to look at her when voicing his request.

DragonSong

Fiona bit back a growl and stomped toward the stairs, grumbling, "I'm not your maid." She poked her head out of the hidden door to the cellar, listening intently, eyes flicking around as she searched for her mother's figure.

She could hear the snap and crackle of the fire in the workshop. Brigid was probably back there then. She darted out into the hall and to the pantry, loading the deep pockets of her skirt with whatever food she thought might last before skittering back tot he cellar door.

"Fiona? Is that you?"

Shit. She turned with a smile, dropping her hand from the door. "Hey, mum."

visualspice

And while Fiona was being caught by her mother, the pair might have heard some loud clanking down in the cellar that was not too far away. Jack was still fussing over his armor. Only good thing was, the guards were still no where to be seen.

DragonSong

"How did the delivery go?" Brigid asked with a smile, walking toward her daughter.

Which was when a particularly loud clank echoed up from the cellar. Fiona winced and Brigid's eyes narrowed.

"What in Ansgar's name..." she muttered, reaching for the door.

"No, wait-" Fiona reached out a hand to stop her, resisting the urge to quail under her mother's withering glare.

"Fiona," Brigid grumbled. "What. Is. Down. There?"

She racked her brain desperately for something, anything. Before she could come up with something plausible, Brigid snorted and threw the door open, descending into the cellar.

Fiona was hot on her heels, babbling, "Just wait, please, Mum-"

visualspice

The second the door was opened, Jack whirled around. On his back he supported a towering heap of his armor- Somehow all of it placed in a precarious pile that he was able to hold. THough his bulging muscles indicated the strain it took to do so.

But the second he saw Fiona behind the elderly woman, he grunted and readjusted his load.

"Hey, if you ain't one of the town guards, you mind helping me out here? I feel like my breast plate is shifting underneath the shin guard."
Though from their angle, all of the pieces would have looked the same!

DragonSong

For a long moment Brigid simply stared at the stranger. Then she turned, very, very slowly, to face her daughter. "Fiona..."

The young woman gulped. "Yes, Mum?"

"Do you mind explaining exactly what's going on here?" Her voice was deceptively calm.

Fiona offered a sheepish smile. "Er...the breast plate is shifting?" She inched toward Jack, eyeing the precarious pile of metal on his back.

Brigid closed her eyes and let out a long breath through her nose. Then:

"WHO THE HELL IS THIS?!"

visualspice

That was all it took, for seconds later...
All of Jack's armor tumbled, clattering to the ground.

DragonSong

Fiona winced, and Brigid glowered. Bending to busy herself collecting the pieces of metal, the young woman began babbling, "Listen, it's sort of a long story- well I guess not that long- see the thing is Jack and I- well I was- when I went to deliver that order-"

"I don't care," Brigid growled. "I don't want to hear it. Just get him out of my house." Then her eyes lit on the rips in Fiona's dress, the flash of gold wing that could been seen through the torn fabric.

Her eyes widened. Whirling on Jack, she demanded, "What did you see?!"

visualspice

At such a demand, he nearly dropped his collecting armor again.

"Ansgar's name, lady! Are you kidding me? You see a man with your daughter and you presume I'd tap that? Winged girls ain't exactly my type!"

DragonSong

Surprisingly, perhaps, her daughter's "honor" was the least of Brigid's worries. At the words "winged girls" she blanched.

"No," she whispered, shaking her head.

"Mum, it's alright," Fiona said quickly. "I had to use them, there were guards everywhere and-"

Brigid slapped her. She reeled back, eyes wide with shock. "Foolish child," her mother hissed, eyes wide and panicky. "I knew you weren't ready, I should have kept you hidden-"

Fiona gathered herself, bending to continue collecting the last few pieces of armor. "It doesn't matter now," she said sharply. "The guards saw us. I have to go, Mum." She glanced at Jack, hefting the scraps of metal she held. "What do you want me to do with these?"

visualspice

He didn't like the idea of the girl being slapped, but it wasn't his place to intervene.

"Now ain't exactly the time to lecture. Besides, the water has moved well past the bridge. The only thing I'm focused on now is getting the hell away from those men. I don't exactly feel like getting hung today."

He turned to the girl.
"Well, getting these discretly into a cart would be nice.."

DragonSong

"Oh, now you want the cart," she muttered. Turning to face her mother, she steeled herself and said evenly, "Please, Mum. We have to get out here, quick and quiet as possible."

For a long, long moment Brigid simply stared. Then, quiet and sharp, she said, "I'll get the cart. Don't move." She disappeared up the stairs.

visualspice

But the second her mother left, Jack turned, swearing.
"Great, they're comin back!" And dashed towards the front door.

DragonSong

"Wait- what?!" Fiona was right behind him. She could hear then now, faintly. Hardly dating to breathe, she whispered, "Oh gods...what do we do?"