Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not Worth A Penny

Started by visualspice, January 17, 2016, 05:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She glared at him.
"Why do you need to know my name?" And she turned away, brushing hair from her face. "It's not like I look like a kid." Then again, she was barely an 'adult', though she'd be living on her own for ages. 'Kid' didn't seem to apply, in her book.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"No, not exactly," he agreed. "But you look young, so "kid" is the best I've got, until you give me something else to work with." He offered a small smile. "I'm Gavin, by the way. Don't think I ever actually introduced myself."

visualspice

She glared at him for his reasoning.
"I'm short, not young, though perhaps I look so because you're really ancient?" she bit back, looking the man over. She brushed her hair aside. "I'm nearly eighteen."
Though for all she knew, maybe she was eighteen by now.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Oh, nearly eighteen!" He put a hand to his heart dramatically, eyes wide. "My apologies, Elder," he said, dipping into a half bow.

Straightening up, he pointed out, eyes glinting, "You know, claiming a thirty year old man is ancient really just makes you seem younger."

visualspice

She sneered.
"At least i means I ought to live longer." And she turned from him, still huffy. "So how much longer until we're out of this place?"

DragonSong

"Only if you don't get yourself caught again," Gavin muttered, frowning at the thought. "It's a big city, ki- ahem. It's a big city, just hold on to your britches."

He murmured to Smoke and the falcon took to the air, circling above them for a few moments before giving a sharp cry. "Maybe twenty minutes, if we don't make any wrong turns," he relayed to the girl.

visualspice

"Wrong turns?" she asked, impatiently. "I thought you knew this place."

DragonSong

He gave her a dry look. "If by know, you mean, have been here for maybe three days, then yeah, sure." Gesturing up at Smoke, he said, "But we're not likely to get lost with an eye in the sky."

visualspice

It was then she really looked to his bird, really gave it a good look before asking, "And he listens to you>?"

DragonSong

Gavin shrugged. "Well, yeah. Sure. Most of the time."

He forgot for a moment that he'd planned to keep that information under wraps in Connlaoth, just to be safe.

visualspice

She looked up at the bird.
"I never met a bird that listened to anyone before." She peered at him curious, wary. "Do you use... magic?" The last part was asked in a low, whisper.

DragonSong

"No," Gavin answered immediately, eyes widening a bit at her. Then he let out a sharp breath. Well, who was she going to tell anyway? "Not exactly," he amended quietly, glancing around as though afraid they'd be overheard. "It's more like a- a talent, I guess."

visualspice

Still curious, she found herself nodding.
"Talent? Is it something anyone could learn then?"

DragonSong

He considered it. "You know, I'm not entirely sure," he said after a moment. "It always came easy to me, so I just assumed..." He shrugged, then looked at her. "Why? You wanna learn?"

visualspice

She felt a thrill bubble up inside her, blossoming into a sparkling eyed smile.
"You.. you could teach me?"

DragonSong

Aha! So she could smile. Lips twitching up in response, he shrugged. "I could certainly try," he offered. "But I don't think it's something you could learn in the ten minutes we got left..."

visualspice

And that's when her smile faltered, and she realized she had let down some of her guard.

"Oh.." her eyes looked forward. "Well.. it's..  It's just interesting to know that you can."
Boy did she think that sounded lame.

DragonSong

"Hmm..." He eyed her sidelong. After a few moments of silence, he offered casually, "You know...if you really wanted to learn- well, Mister Jacobson has some impressive mews. I wouldn't say no to an apprentice, I could use the help."

And it might keep her out of trouble for a little while.

visualspice

She stopped walking.
"Are you offering me a job?"

DragonSong

Gavin shrugged, still not looking directly at her. "It wouldn't pay a whole lot," he warned her. "Apprenticeships usually don't. But it'd come with room and board, so you could save what you earn."

He tried an encouraging smile, now looking at her. "And I could try to teach you to talk to the birds. What do you say?"