Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not Worth A Penny

Started by visualspice, January 17, 2016, 05:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

To be tossed down to the ground like a sack of potatoes winded her, and did nothing to help the painful clamp of the ropes around her wrist and chains at her ankles, but when Gavin was shouting clean into her face the opposite, she found herself shocked for a moment- not just by his voice, but...

"By the Gods.."s he whispered, gaping at the ornate mansion that felt all too consuming around them. It took her another moment to register what Gavin had said, before she shot him a wary look and kept her distance.

"So you bought me to sell me then?" she spat her retort.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

He blinked. "What- no. No! I did it because..." With a soft grunt, he finally got the chains off his legs. "Look, I don't like slavery. And I couldn't just leave you there," he muttered. Giving her a wary look, he took a cautious step toward her. "I'm gonna get those ropes and chains off you now, alright?"

visualspice

But she simply took a step back.

"You expect me to believe that?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

He threw his hands up in exasperation. "What other reason could I have to buy you with money I don't have?" he demanded.

Smoke, who'd perched on an ornate candelabra was her entered the manor, cawed an agreement.

visualspice

Her eyes narrowed, nose crinkling.
"And you expect me to believe that too!? Just.. keep your distance and let me go if that's your true intent!" she challenged.

DragonSong

He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I would, but I need to untie you to let you go. Which means you have to let me near you."

visualspice

Blinking, Vels looked at him, and blushed only slightly at the truth in that statement. Still, she bared her teeth. "Just give me the tools to do it and I can untie myself."

DragonSong

He shook his head. "Fine. But you're going to have to follow me to my rooms."

visualspice

She took a defensive step back.
"To your rooms?" Her eyes narrowed. "Why?"

DragonSong

He winced. Maybe he should have eased into that idea. "Because I have a metal file in there that could get those chains off," he answered, hoping she could hear the sincerity in his voice. Raising his hands he added, "Look, I'll keep some distance between us, alright?"

visualspice

She kept her teeth bared as she thought, and quickly retorted, "Fine, but I'll use the file."

DragonSong

"Whatever you want kid," he muttered. With another sigh and run of his hands through his hair, he jerked his head toward the hallway that led to the servants' quarters. "C'mon, this way. And try not to get yourself tangled up."

visualspice

"Kid?" she gave him a glare. "Who are you calling a child?" she challenge d while bundling the rope and chains into her arms.

DragonSong

He gave her a very dry look. "My apologies. I didn't realize you were a grandma in the body of a twelve year old," he grumbled, setting off down the hall. This was not how he'd been expecting the day to go.

A flap of wings heralded Smoke's arrival on his shoulder. The falcon shuffled a bit and preened, then settled, giving the girl a curious look.

visualspice

She made a face.
"At least I dont have to apologize," she muttered. "My initial impression was right."

DragonSong

"And what impression was that?"

The instant the words were out of his mouth he knew he'd regret asking that question.

visualspice

She shot him a glare.
"Stop talking to me and just lead the way," she growled between her teeth.

DragonSong

Yep. Regretting it.

"No need to bite my head off," he grumbled. He almost made a wrong turn before he drew up short and actually remembered where he was supposed to be going, bumping the door to the room he'd been assigned open with his shoulder.

He crossed to the satchel he had thrown on the bed, still unpacked, and started rummaging. "Here," he said when he found the file, turning and tossing it to her.

visualspice

She hesitated before following him in, but once tossed the file, she wasted no time dropping everything else as she desperately worked at the chains.

DragonSong

"You know," Gavin observed, tilting his head as he watched her, "that may be easier if you just let me untie your wrists."