Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not Worth A Penny

Started by visualspice, January 17, 2016, 05:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Dumb luck!?" came her shrill reply. "I wouldn't call myself lucky, or dumb!" And she gave an angered shove to his arm. "If anything, you're the one with dumb luck, city dweller."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Oi," he protested the shove mildly. "I never said you were dumb, just that it's a fair good bit of fortune you haven't been caught like this before."

The second cuff came free and he stood, rubbing the back of his neck. "And just how the hell do you think I'm lucky in this particular situation?" he muttered, crossing his arms and looking down at her.

visualspice

Elated to be free, she actually smiled before it faltered under his accusation. Her expression sobered as she frowned at him.
"You're a man of money. Obviously, things would be much easier for you."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Gavin barked a laugh. "A man of money?" He shook his head, chuckling as he stood. "Kid, all the coin I have only paid for half of what that slaver wanted. I'm gonna be working myself out of this debt for months."

He didn't sound bitter about it. In fact, he was smiling a bit. It's not like he really needed the money, he was working for room and board in addition to a salary after all.

visualspice

Vels glared.
"Kid?" she looked as if she might hit him. "Stop calling me that, I'm anything but!" And she eyed him over, then towards the door. "Don't think I can pay you back... or will.." She hesitated, taking a step towards teh door before pausing, "Thank you." She muttered, before opening the door and glancing down the hall and wondering....

Which way? This house was huge!

DragonSong

Gavin shook his head, swallowing a chuckle. He moved up behind her. "You want some directions, ki- er, ma'am?" He couldn't help smirking a bit.

visualspice

She turned around with a glare.
"NO!" But even after she spat those words out, she bared her teeth.
"Just... just point to make this a little easier," she growled.

DragonSong

He arched an eyebrow. "Why don't I just walk you out?" Stepping around her, he began making his way down the hall to the main entrance, pausing a moment to glance over his shoulder at the girl expectantly.

visualspice

Vels paused, shocked a moment he agreed to help, but also still wary of that help. Though so far, he had been true to his word, she wasn't sure what to expect. This world, after all, was not her own. Sighing hotly, she followed swiftly behind him.

"You'd just better take me the quickest way," she warned.

DragonSong

He gave her a crooked grin. "Ma'am, yes, ma'am."

There were only a few turns to get them back to the front door, but he supposed it would be confusing for someone who was unused to such buildings. He stopped in the entry way, folding his arms over his chest and looking down at her expectantly. "And here we are."

visualspice

She paused before hte door, looking up at him warily for a moment before stepping forward and slowly opening it. Though as it were when she followed him, in awe from the vastness and fanciness of the estate, when she had the view of the city again,s he felt her heart leap into her throat.

This place was so big, bigger than she recalled when sh ewas dragged through it-
Then again,s he had been fighting the whole way.

DragonSong

Gavin frowned a bit when she hesitated. Without thinking, he moved up and laid a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, you alright, kid?"

visualspice

Tensing,s he jerked her shoulder away.
"I'm fine!" And she hurriedly stepped outside, but paused on the steps and looked back at him.
"Thank you." And she stared at him, lingering only momentarily before turning her back to him, to the house and out into the city, to the crowd. Drawing in a deep breath,s he knew she couldn't remain overwhelmed forward, and walked out quickly into the streets.

DragonSong

"Yeah, no problem..."

She was already gone.

Gavin hesitated in the doorway a moment, tilting his head from side to side. He couldn't help feeling...responsible for her now.

"Gods I hope she knows what she's doing," he muttered, rubbing the back of his neck with a sigh and turning back into the house.

visualspice

She knew what she was doing.
She just didn't know where she was going. There were so many sites and new smells to see (and some of both she'd rather not have seen!) The streets were alive, friendly and bustling, and as she continued her way, she found herself at the town square, where many vendors had set up shop.

And the smells of the delicous, cooking food made her stomach rumble as she paused infront of a dumpling and bread shop, mouth watering.

DragonSong

With the girl gone, Gavin returned to his room to collect Smoke and headed out to the mews that his employer kept on the property. It was kind of strange to see such a green lawn in the middle of the city, but oddly comforting.

The ex-slave may have called him a city dweller, but it wasn't really who he was. Honestly, he'd much rather be in the countryside. But this was what paid, so here he was.

visualspice

"Girl, you want a dumpling? Then you gotta pay. Two pence a dumpling, four for the bread." She used her cane to give the stone oven near her a rap.
"Baked fresh but an hour ago, so it's all still warm."

And the scents, heavenly, making Vels nearly drool.

"Two pence?" she tried to search her person, but any money she had collected back at Thaedes had long since been plucked and taken by her seller. She frowned and shook her head.
"I guess not today."

The woman's eyes then lit up as she gave an angered rap of her cane onto the cobblestone. It made Vels jump.

"Then be on with you, girl! You're scaring the customers away by taking up me precious sales space!"

Taken off guard, Vels simply obliged, and continued her way through the market, but was too overhwlemed by the smells to get too far. She was hungry- beyond hungry, and she couldn't recall the last time she had anything to eat.

When she noticed a small alcove between two shops, she slipped into the alleyway and moved to the end of it where a deadend allowed for some respite where she could sit, lean against the building, and dream about those dumplings at two pence a piece.

DragonSong

Gavin had just begun introducing himself to Jacobson's birds when Martha came to find him, seeking a favor. Seeing how she'd saved his neck earlier, he figured he owed her.

So here he was, out wandering the streets once again, Smoke circling lazily overhead. He wove his way through the vendors in the town square, glancing every couple of minutes at the list Martha had given him.

He was so absorbed in the little slip of paper he almost walked into the dead end alley before Smoke gave a sharp, warning call and he looked up, blinking. His eyes widened a bit. "Oh..."

What were the odds? Bending a bit, he clicked his fingers at the girl huddled against the building. "Hey, kid. Miss. Whatever."

visualspice

Startled, she released a gasp when she saw him.
"You again?"

DragonSong

He tried a small smile. "Me again." He tilted his head at her. "I thought you were going home?" Was she a street urchin after all? She'd seemed pretty adamant about not being from the city.