Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Catch of the Day [m]

Started by Draconian, January 28, 2016, 02:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

Hydra decided that he liked her laughter. He would try to make her to do it again someday. The thought sobered him, made him pale a little and he gave her a weird look.

"I don't sleep underwater, Fishy." He snapped, giving her a grumpy look, "Does it look like I sleep upside down?"

DragonSong

She shrugged, a little surprised by the sudden grouchiness. "How should I know?" she mumbled, retreating back to lay down on the bed. "Are you...going to sleep there?" she asked slowly, giving the blankets on the floor a quick look.

While it was a little nerve wracking to be sleeping anywhere on this ship, she supposed if she had to- and she had to be sharing a room with someone- she'd rather it be him. She still didn't trust him, exactly, but he was far preferable to the captain, or other crew members she had yet to meet.

Draconian

Hydra got comfortable, eyes closed, head still propped up on his arms. Was he going to sleep here? Probably. Was he going to spend most of the night tossing and turning? Yes. Hydra looked over at Aura-lee before he tried to smile-sort of.

"Yes. I'm your warden. Can't exactly leave you unattended, you could fall." Or find something sharp. "Look, aren't you sleepy? 'Cause I'm beat and would love some shut eye." Hydra got comfortable again, grumpy he had to leave his pants on, but he smoothed his hands down his chest and cleared his throat."tonight is one, hm? Then there's one more and then the night after we have to dunk you into the ocean?"

DragonSong

Nodding a bit- she was tired, though that was more emotionally drained than physically- Aura-lee settled herself on the bed carefully. "Yes, that's right," she murmured, eyes fluttering sleepily.

Maybe that would be her chance. They'd have to put her in the water eventually, if they wanted to have a live slave to sell once they got to Essyrn. Maybe that would be her chance to get away...

Draconian

Hydra knew what she was thinking. Not because he was psychic or anything but because he thought like that, too. He knew she'd try to get away - who wouldn't? - and he knew she'd probably fight tooth and nail to do it. Hydra curled up on his side, uncomfortable because it was the floor, a little grumpy that he was picked this time to be on watch. Make sure she doesn't hurt herself, make sure no one else comes into the room.

That way if she became damaged goods they'd have someone to blame. Someone to charge or make an example of.

Rolling onto his back, Hydra let the rocking of the boat lul him into such a deep sleep he didn't hear the keys falling from his pocket onto the floor.

DragonSong

Tossing and turning, unable to truly rest in a strange, potentially hostile environment, Aura-lee easily heard the soft clink of metal hitting wood. Sitting up, her eyes peered around to locate the source of the sound and lit on the set of keys, laying tantalizing close. Hydra was asleep. If she could just reach...

Agonizingly slowly, she reached out toward the keys, glancing at Hydra's face every few seconds. Almost...got it!

Slipping silently out of the bed, she clutched her prize to her chest and picked her way around her sleeping guard to the door. She slid the key into the lock- after some fumbling that made her wince with every soft jingle- and turned carefully.

The door clicked open and she held her breath, eyes snapping to Hydra. Dont wake up, don't wake up...

Draconian

Hydra did little more than give a sigh, rolling onto his side. Her chant had done the trick, it seemed, when Hydra stayed asleep- or at least pretended to stay asleep. The door would open, and give way to the rest of the ship.

And the rest of the crew members.

A few of which were drunkenly sleeping right outside the door, as if they'd been waiting to listen to something of interest.

DragonSong

She slipped out of the room- and nearly tripped over an unconscious body. Freezing, Aura-lee stared down, wide eyed, at the snoring pirates. Wincing, she gingerly began to pick her way around them, looking up to search for the stairs Hydra had carried her down.

A mistake, as it turned out. Her walking skills were new enough that the lapse in attention had her catching her foot on one of the crew members and crashing to the floor with a small cry.

Oh no...

Draconian

The one she tripped over grunted, eyes opening slightly before they focused and a wide grin spread out on her face. A hand reached out and he snatched her wrist and waist, pulling her against him, "Ah, look!" He grunted, his breath foul from drink.

"Our little prize is trying to escape!" A chuckle and he held tightly onto her, "You know what we do t bad girls that try to leave our most gracious accommodations?"

DragonSong

A crushing wave of fear and panic swamped her. She could barely breathe, much less speak. She pushed her hand against the stranger's chest, trying to free herself.

"L-let me go," she gasped out when she could speak again. "Let me go!"

Draconian

The man laughed, held her tighter and moved to stand up.  He ignored her pleas.

"We stirp 'er and make her dance for us." His hand moved to the shoulder of the nightgown Hydra had given to her. "Don't that sound fun? You get to dance. We get entertainment."

DragonSong

Aura-lee shivered and whimpered, twisting uselessly in his grip. "I don't...what?" She didn't entirely understand what he was getting at, but judging from the look in his eyes she had the distinct feeling she didn't want to.

"Let me go," she begged again. Then, not sure what she was expecting or even why she did it, she lunged suddenly for the door to "her" room. "Hydra! Hydra!"

Draconian

Hydra's eyes snapped open and he was standing before he was even awake. His name. Someone called his name. His eyes flashed to the door and he stared at it, it felt like his heart had stopped and he was outside the room in moments.

It filled in with a strange rage, seeing someone holding Aura-lee. Gnashing his teeth, Hydra stormed down to her, pushing people away before he grabbed the mans collar and punched him right in the teeth. A hissing sound from Hydra and a wail of pain from the man.

His lower set of arms took Aura-lee, curling around her waist and holding her close to his chest.

"Mine." Was what he snarled out, waving his hand that he was pretty sure had a tooth in it it stung so badly.

With little ceremony, Hydra carted the girl back into the room, slamming the door and tossing her onto the bed. He just glared. Angry at himself for losing the keys because he knew she'd try to get away. "I'm sorry."

DragonSong

Aura-lee wasn't sure what she'd expected, but it wasn't for Hydra to come to her rescue so spectacularly. She hadn't even really thought he'd come to her rescue at all. Her breath hitched in a sharp gasp when he struck the man who was holding her captive.

She didn't protest when he grabbed her, in fact she pressed back against him instinctively, turning her face into his chest. The word "mine" had her twitching slightly in surprise, but otherwise she didn't react.

Then she was dragged back into the room and once again found herself sitting on the bed, dazed. She looked up at him, eyes large and very round, the clear anger in his expression making her tremble slightly. She braced herself for him to yell, maybe hit her or something.

What she was definitely not expecting was an apology. Aura-lee blinked at him for a moment, mute. "Wh-what? Why are you-?" Her eyes flicked to his hand she she felt her stomach lurch guiltily. "You're hurt," she whispered.

Draconian

Hydra rubbed his knuckles, smearing blood from them over the back of his hand. Angry. Hydra was so angry. He glared down at the girl, frowning at her before he turned around and snatched the key from the door. Locked. The key in his pocket again. A quiet huff of breath and he pressed one of his clean-non-bleeding hands to his forehead before checking for any left over teeth in his hurt one.

"I am hurt," He hissed, "I tried to warn you." He pointed to the door, "The people out there will hurt you. There are worse things than slavery or death and they're all on this boat," He snarled at her before he went and sat at the door, "Go to sleep."

DragonSong

Flinching away from his anger, Aura-lee curled even tighter in on herself. Wordlessly she huddled on the bed, vision starting to blur a bit. Great. More crying.

She still didn't entirely understand what had just happened, why he was so angry. Still, she did know that he had helped her, and he had been hurt for it. "I'm sorry," she sniffed, blinking rapidly and wrapping her arms around herself. "I'm sorry..."

Clenching her eyes shut, she rolled over on the bed to put her back to him, shoulders shaking as she held back more tears. She just wanted to go home.

Draconian

Hydra's breath hitched when she started to cry, his eyes squeezed shut and he clenched his fists. Angry at himself. For letting her leave. She was his responsibility and she'd almost gotten hurt. The rage that poured through him was confusing. Why should he care about her? If it had been anyone else he would have scoffed and let the men have her. Why this one?

Slowly, he opened his eyes and stared at her back.

His chest felt tight and he closed his eyes, heaving a sigh and shaking his head.

"Aura-lee, I'm sorry." For what? "Please don't cry." Hydra had moved closed and he hesitantly placed a hand on her back. Confused. Angry. Why did he care so much?

DragonSong

Her breath hitched and she froze at the touch to her back. Slowly, she turned to look at him, wiping her eyes quickly.

"Why are you sorry?" she murmured, brow furrowing at him. "If I hadn't...it's my fault you got hurt." She sniffled, squeezing her eyes shut again. She wasn't sorry for trying to escape, but she felt awful that he'd been hurt because of it.

One person on this ship to show her any sort of kindness, and he'd been hurt because of her.

Draconian

Hydra looked down at his hand, flexed the fingers and watched some of the dried blood crack for fresh stuff to take it's place. "I don't recall you hitting me in the knuckles with your face."

DragonSong

For some reason that made her crack a smile, just a little. Sitting up a bit, Aura-lee reached out and took his injured hand without thinking. She frowned at the blood, looking up at him. "Why did you help me?" she murmured.

It seemed like it would have saved him a lot of trouble to just leave her to those men and whatever they'd had planned for her.