Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Catch of the Day [m]

Started by Draconian, January 28, 2016, 02:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

The healer looked at the child.

Skin pur like the mother. Hair dark. Eyes intelligent. The man looked down at the child, covered in birthing... Goo. A look to Aura-lee and her belly, a small smirk before Hydra moved away from Aura-lee to clean the newborn who, after wailing, quieted very quickly and gave everything around a curious look. The birth was cleaned from pudgy cheeks and Hydra was allowed to hold the child before he brought it to Aura-lee, pressing it to her chest.

The healer, feeling generous, returned to his previous location, hands clean again and gently touched her stomach.

"Same as before. This one should be easier," He assured her, voice honey. Another look to the child. That was the one. It was hard not to smile at the sight. What perfect timing. "Then we can get you all cleaned up, patched up and the three of you can start bonding."

DragonSong

"Other- but- what-"

Her baby was in her arms and she blinked down at him, lips parted and eyes wide. "Hi," she breathed after a few moments, the healer and Hydra and everything else fading away. She smiled, holding the infant close to her chest, to her heart. "I know you," she murmured, kissing his head gently.

Then she shuddered as she felt a now familiar pang gripped her body. "Oh- I just had a baby, leave me alone!" she whimpered.

But her body was moving forward, and she had to catch up. Gasping, she hurriedly but delicately passed the baby to Hydra, then clenched her eyes shut and curled forward, keening as she pushed.

It hadn't even fully registered that she was having another child. Two. Two babies. She'd known it was a possibility, but had been in no way really prepared for it to happen.

But she couldn't think about that, not now. The man was right, this time was a little easier. A few good pushes and the baby seemed to just slip right out.

Aura-lee collapsed back, utterly spent and crying quietly.

Draconian

For sure that was the one.

This one, their true child, seemed to take after his father. A pastel green, dark hairs, violet eyes. Four tiny arms. Reinier picked up the second squalling child and went about cleaning him up, looking at it curiously while he went about helping. Not this one. There would be no point in taking this child's body. He looked to Hydra who was panicking between helping Aura-lee and holding his son.

"Here," Reinier said, holding the little green one out, "This one needs a parent's touch, I'll take the other." The babies successfully switched, Hydra snuggled up down beside Aura-lee and curled beside her, fat four armed baby between them.

However, the mood turned dark and the 'healer' and the other baby watched them curiously.

"You made a deal with a sword, Siren," His voice was stern, still honey but laced with poison. He looked to Hydra and smiled, "Your woman made a deal. To carry a child, this child, in exchange of you producing your own. So she would stay with you," He smiled and nodded to the chubby baby curled up and content between them.

"You've made your own well enough, so I am collecting Sol now before..." He paused, looked thoughtful, "You get too involved. Too attached."

Hydra stood up quickly, looking at the child, his child, in the stranger arms.

"You said you were a healer!" He barked, feeling stupid and betrayed. Why hadn't he asked more questions? Why hadn't he ... Done something?

"I am not, but, your woman and this child surviving were in my best interests," He smiled again and nodded. "She owes us," Reinier said quietly, "He made her wish come true. Look at you two, in a shack by the ocean, bouncing baby boy right there. Sure the chances of you two having one were slim to none on your own, but Sol made it happen. You should thank him and we shall be done with this." Hydra snarled and reached forward, a hand on Reinier's shoulder.

"Aura-lee," He said, voice soft, "Tell your beast to unhand me or your child," He nodded to the chubby green one, "Will grow up without a father. You're lucky I am simply taking this one and not both. I'm sure we could use an apprentice if it came down to it."

DragonSong

Her heart leaped into her throat and Aura-lee sat up quickly. The baby curled to her chest whimpered and shifted quietly and she held him a little tighter.

"No," she whispered. She wanted to stand, to confront this stranger, but she was so weak, so tired, it was all she could do not to collapse back onto the bed as it was. "No, please, I didn't- I never asked- I didn't know!"

Her baby started crying and a sob caught in her throat, her eyes fixed on the child in the stranger's arms.

Somehow, she wasn't surprised. She felt as though she should be, but for some reason all she could feel was a fatalistic kind of clarity. Why else would a creature powerful enough to bind with her blood want to help her, unless he was getting something for himself?

But he was still her baby. Her baby, and the man was taking him away.

"H-Hydra..." Voice soft and broken, she forced herself to rasp through the tears, "Let- let him go." Her eyes moved to Reinier's, deep and pleading.

"Please," she whispered. "Please. Give me my baby. Please..."

Draconian

Hydra let go and looked to Aura-lee.

What was he supposed to feel?

He kept his arms at his sides, hands clenching and unclenching, teeth grinding. He looked to Aura-lee and then to the strange man. There was almost a fond look at the child and that made Hydra more angry. More confused.

Reinier looked to Aura-lee, head tilted.

"You have your baby," He nodded towards the one in her arms, "This is the cost of the choice you made, girl." Reinier grinned, "Don't feel bad," He said softly, "I was like Sol once. A dagger. Simple object, but... " He tilted his head and smiled, "Here I am. We need stupid vessels like you, Aura-lee," Hydra snarled at the word, keeping his hands to himself simply because he didn't really... Know what to do.

"Now. I am going to leave, you are going to forget about this child. Sol is in good hands, perhaps he will even visit you some day," He looked down at the baby in his arms, gave it a pat on the cheek with his fingertip, "I'm sure you made an impression." He nodded to Hydra and then looked to Aura-lee, "Comfort your woman, Beast, she's lost one of her children in childbirth."

He took a few more steps towards the door before pausing, Hydra, unsure of what to do, went to Aura-lee and decided he'd at least protect the ones he could.

"Any last words, Vessel? Sol can understand you. The sword you met is inside this tiny body, no doubt he'll do what I did. Force the body to grow, being a child is... " Reinier made a face of disgust, "A terrible ordeal."

DragonSong

Aura-Lee stared at them both for a long moment.

Was she angry? She didn't even know. Part of her want to scream and rage, to demand that Sol explain himself, repay what was being ripped from her.

But she couldn't do it.

"Be good," she murmured, staring at the baby that was hers-but-not. "Don't- don't waste the life you have..."

It was too much. With a sob, she curled back into the bed, curving her body around the little green baby who still hadn't stopped crying. Desperately trying to stifle her own tears, she stroked his tummy and held him close, clenching her eyes shut as she rocked him gently.

Draconian

Hydra was lost. Mentally. Not so much physically - he was in his house - but he gave a confused look to Aura-Lee, the baby that was still wailing and then the strange man that just watched.

"Very touching, He'll be fine, Aura-lee," Reinier stated, tilting his head, amused and a little confused by how much she wanted this child in his arms. It would do them no good though. "Farewell, take care of your family," He smirked at Hydra, who still look confused and then Reinier took a step backwards and just... Disappeared.

Disappeared with his child.

Their child?

Hydra looked down to Aura-lee, confused. Angry? Was he angry? Obviously the mage had done something, because the room was... Well, clean. There was no evidence of child birth. Blood had been cleaned and Hydra pressed a hand to his face, confused. His heart was beating too fast and he layed down on the other side of their child.

"PrettyFish?" Hydra spoke, stroking her cheek, finger combing her hair. What the fuck was going on. It seemed to harsh to word it, so he kept his mouth closed, but he leaned forward and pressed a kiss to her forehead. He moved his hand over hers on their child and gave a little helpless chuckle, "I'm sorry he has four arms," He finally whispered, not really sure how to continue on.

DragonSong

Those simple words almost broke her. Wailing desperately, Aura-Lee did her utmost to contain herself, but all she managed was to pull her son a little closer and stroke his cheek with a finger while she cried, her slight frame wrapped around the child as much as she could manage.

"I'm n-not," she choked out. "He's...perfect." Despite the fact that she couldn't seem to stop crying, she smiled just a bit and kissed their baby's forehead.

"Perfect," she repeated. The child began to calm some- perhaps he was simply too tired to keep crying- and she dropped another kiss to the top of his head.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, unable to look at her mate. "I'm sorry, I didn't- I didn't mean to- I should have known." She sniffled, sobs making way for slow, quiet tears.

Draconian

Honestly, Hydra had no idea what was going on.

He felt stupid for letting the stranger take advantage of him... He helped but... Hydra smoothed Aura-lee's hair from her face, thumb brushing along her cheek before he leaned in to press a kiss to her forehead. "I'm still really confused," he whispered, "but we can talk later."

A large warm hand smoothed up and down her back and he shook his head, snuggling closer so the child was pressed between them. Who seemed slightly content if not a little figidity from the feeling of his parents.

A sword.

A nuzzled to Aura-lee's head and he sighed. What would have happened if there had been just one? A large hand went to his sons chest, pressed against it and felt the little heart beat.

If they managed to have more... Would it be two again?

Hydra felt his eyes burn so he curled closer.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you," he breathed, kissing her forehead, "I'm still a little overwhelmrd. Try to sleep? Or calm? We'll... Figure out later." He supposed they would. They would have to.

DragonSong

Aura-lee shook her head, leaning up a bit to kiss him. "Don't apologize," she whispered. "Sweet, none of this was your fault."

It was hers.

With a wretched sigh, she let her head rest on the pillow, stroking their son's chest and stomach gently. "He- he needs a name," she noted quietly after a few moments, but she was so tired her voice seemed a little fuzzy and distant, and she had to fight to keep her eyes open.

Draconian

Hydra smoothed his hand up and down her back, not... Entirely sure how to deal with this whole mess. Still, his prettyfish was hurting and he looked to their fat little green baby and then back at her.

Well, at least he knew for sure it was his child. Not that that had ever been questioned. "Sleep, Fishie," he whispered, giving her a kiss on the forehead. "We can think of names later."

DragonSong

She nodded slowly, eyes already closed.

"I love you," she whispered, curving her body a little tighter around the baby. "I love you both, so much..."

She was out.

Draconian

Hydra didn't know how to process it.

He snuggled in against Aura-lee, but he didn't sleep.

Instead he stared ahead, smoothing a hand over Aura-lee's stomach and occasionally tracing a fat chubby arm. What was he going to do? Hydra squeezed his eyes shut, not... Quite able to believe all of this. "What have you done," He finally whispered, nuzzling his face into her neck, looking at the sleeping baby. What were they going to do?

He wasn't sure when he drifted off, but he did, Aura-lee and their child pressed close to his chest, his arms protectively tangled around them.

DragonSong

It was the baby's fussing that woke Aura-lee, and she went from dead asleep to completely alert in a matter of seconds when she felt him shift and heard him start to whimper.

She looked down at him, stroking one finger over his chest and tummy before he snatched at it and held on tight, still whimpering, almost crying. Not even a day old, the little thing couldn't do much more than dis and wriggle, but she thought she knew what he wanted.

"Oh." Carefully, she lifted him into her arms and sat up, holding the child to her breast. Almost immediately he latched on and started to suck- she was actually surprised by how quickly he'd managed it, giving a little "Hm!"

She stared down at him, then to Hydra, then back. Their son had no idea of what had happened. He was just hungry, and tiny, and she loved him so so much. She smiled just a bit as she held him, letting him nurse in quiet in an effort to allow Hydra his sleep.

Draconian

Hydra had his eyes closed but he wasn't sleeping.

The sounds had woken him up but not long after Aura-Lee looked over her shoulder, being quiet to let him sleep, Hydra was up and leaning over her, a hand on her hip and his chin on her shoulder.

What were they going to do? He nuzzled at her neck, watching their child nurse. Just once. Was there supposed to be two? Did that strange man steal their child? Or... Was Aura-Lee just a surrogate? He snuggled in close behind her, his chest pressed to her back before he reached over and stroked their childs cheek. "Hi, Prettyfish," He said, voice low and husky, pressing a kiss to her shoulder.

How could he tell her he wanted to know what happened?

His hand smoothed over her belly, empty now with the bounty in her arms but still pudgy. What an amazing thing, he thought idly, hand smoothing over her flesh. "You made that," He said softly, looking at their odd child, "I'm so proud of you." He'd worry about... Other things later. For now, they could... Love the one they have.

DragonSong

The siren started slightly when she felt Hydra press against her back, glancing over her shoulder at him. "I thought you were asleep," she murmured as she looked back to the baby.

A small, sad smile tugged at her lips as he spoke. "We made him," she corrected quietly. Their son shifted a bit, apparently done with his meal, and she gently brought him up to cradle him against her shoulder, leaning back in Hydra a little more as she did.

Draconian

Hydra smoothed his hand over her belly, moving his hands to press against her flesh. His hands pressed against her breasts and pressed against her belly. His lips pressed to her cheek and he looked at... Their son.

A lump was in his throat and he snuggled in against her.

"I guess we won't have a moment of our own for a while," He said huskily, snuggling in against her, eyes starting to close, "That's okay." Then he went quiet, "Aura-Lee... You need to tell me what happened," His voice was soft and he smoothed his hand over her thigh, all his hands on her and all of them keeping her against him.

DragonSong

The siren's face crumpled and she curled in around the baby. She twisted her head to hide her face against Hydra's shoulder.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, tears running down her face. "He- he said if I told anyone-" she choked off, breathing raggedly as she tried to collect herself.

Slowly, she began to explain what had happened. The sword that had spoken to her, her fear that Hydra would send her back to the sea, the deal she'd made- everything she could remember. Her arms cradled the baby closer to her body, keeping him close to her heartbeat. When she'd finished talking, she dropped her head, eyes fixed on the sheets.

Draconian

A glance at the child.

Well, that explains that.

Hydra nuzzled against her hair before he sighed and tucked her close against him.

"It's okay," He said softly, nuzzling in, "I'm sorry you went through that," his voice was husky. A large hand smoothed over the back of the child and he sighed, staring in wonder. It made sense, that they made a child assisted by magic. It would explain why he'd never gotten a woman pregnant before.

Sort of a relief too.

"I forgive you," His voice was a purr, the child had been pale like Aura-lee. Clearly it was made of her and the sword, the one that had been from him was here, in their arms. "I love you... Have you thought of any names yet?" He asked softly, trying to change the topic to something... Nicer.

DragonSong

Aura-lee looked up at him, eyes wide and wet. Blinking tears down her cheeks, she turned into his body and cried quietly, the baby cradled carefully between their chests.

"I'm sorry," she whispered. "I'm so sorry." He wasn't angry- how could he not be angry? It just made her cry harder, and she took deep breaths in an attempt to pull herself together.

Finally, she relaxed enough to let her head rest against his shoulder, looking down at the child held close to her breasts. She sniffled and drew her thumb gently over his cheek. "I- I haven't. Do y-you have any i-ideas?"

Tags: