Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Pirates of the Hivanibbean (open)

Started by Arocraes, March 02, 2016, 03:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arocraes

"A suspicious ship captain asking for our help? Sounds familiar" Arocraes joked, "worked out great the last time." Arocraes walked closer to the desk and placed the orb on it. He placed his arms in between the orb and leaned on them, watching as the orb pulses red. "Sarian has gone rogue from his Adelan military duties, Duval is nowhere to be found, and Danica is an enemy of the state" Arocraes said to Captain Soulscar as he thought out loud. "A temporary alliance--or even a permanent one--isn't out of the question. If we encounter Eden again it could be possibly Sarian and his crew will be with them."

He looked at Soulscar's hair. The white color reminded him of his sister, who would often dye it different colors and shades. He thought about his family and his initial mission to gather "black iron" in Adela. Adela, where neither The Daughters nor Lord Sarian could now enter. "Say Faelis, do you have any experience trapping mice?" Arocraes said as he released himself from the desk and turned to Faelis.

Codex

Mythica listened as the man elaborated on past events, and she looked back over to the elf. "Well, unlike last time, I'm afraid you don't really have a choice. I'm not a babysitter, and I'm sure as he'll not gonna alter my ship's course just to drop you lot off at the nearest port. So you'll need to pull your weight somehow." She told them. The only reason why she rescued them was because of their orb. So if they gave her an excuse to throw them overboard, she wasn't going to hesitate.

"I don't let freeloaders on my ship. So don't give me an excuse to make you walk the plank ."

JackieCat

Faelis raised an eyebrow at Arocraes' question, but answered Soulscar's.  "I, for one, will give you no reason to send me to the bottom of the sea," he said. "And we really have no choice but to help you, same as last time a captain asked for our help."

And though the elf sounded cynical, he was actually more hopeful for the integrity of Soulscar's mission that that of Captain Duval's.  Despite being a pirate, Faelis had immediately trusted Soulscar more than he had trusted Duval and the lord.  Perhaps it was because she was a thief, like him, and sometimes the thieves and lowlifes, though lairs, were the most honest of all, deep down.

Though that wasn't to say Faleis trusted Captain Soulscar, he was just more inclined to.

"What's our plan of action?" he looked between Arocraes and Captain Soulscar.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Arocraes

Arocraes shrugged. "I follow Faelis" he said, growing to have trust this man despite not having known him for that long. He was also worried about his episodes, and believed he could help Faelis should a similar situation arise.

"It's your ship, so I'll follow your orders" Arocraes said as he faced Captain Soulscar, "However, I don't think we should underestimate them. What do you now about The Daughters?" Arocraes wanted to develop a sound strategy, as the enemy pirates had a number advantage and possibly more vessels--even perhaps a fleet--by the way Duval described them.

Codex

"Good. I'm glad to see that you're smart at least." She said walking around the large desk. She raised an eyebrow at the man's last statement. He had asked Mythica what she knew about the daughters.

"Trust me. I don't underestimate rival pirates." She told them. "I've had dealings with them in the past..." She said quietly, looking down at a piece of parchment strewn across the table. She turned to face the two again. "Danica and I aren't on the greatest of terms. So it's no surprise she'll have her whole fleet looking for the Seraph. Especially now she knows I'm helping the keepers of the orb." She gave a devilish smirk. "However, she knows exactly what I'm capable of, so I doubt she'll make the first move."

She adjusted the feathered hat on her head. "For now we'll have to play along with whatever she has in store for us." She told them honestly. "We will reach our destination by tomorrow morning. For now, you two should get to know Maul." She said smiling. "He'd be the first mate of my ship, he'll get you situated and put you to work until then..." She gave another smirk before she tilted her hat at them. "Welcome to the crew."

Arocraes

Arocraes left the orb on the desk as he looked at it out the corner of his eye. "We'll see ourselves out in that case" he said as he concluded this conversation. She's nothing like Duval, so perhaps she won't be so bad after all Arocraes thought, as he began thinking about the Captain who was thrown overboard during the mutiny.

He crept towards the door as he rubbed his right shoulder with his left hand, expecting to be greeted by the pirate captain's first mate.

JackieCat

Faelis nodded.

"A pleasure to be here," he said to the captain, half bowing as Arocraes headed for the door.  The elf followed, glancing around for the first mate.  The elf was glad to be on a ship again, despite the fact that the situation was quite dire.

But, for Faelis, that only made the whole thing even more fun.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Codex

Mythica simply raised an eyebrow as the two left, leaving the red orb on the large desk. As the door shut behind them, she walked over to the front of the table, humming a playful tune. She sat next to the orb and picked it up, crossing one leg over the other. She gazed into the glowing magic deeply, a small grin cracked across her face as she stroked the top of it...

"HA HA! So the cap'n didn't bite of yer legs then?" The large pirate cackled as the two men left the quarters. He didn't wait for a reply. "Well, I already know ye be spending some time with us for a while, so I thought I should introduce ye to my friends." He threw two mops harshly against their chests. "They've been dying to meet you!" He laughed again, as a few other pirates did the same.

"I'm sure the cap'n already gave ye our fine policy on free loaders. In that case, ye be working the lower deck. Now get mopping the brig you two, and NO chit chat with the prisoners!" He said again before he wandered off.

Arocraes

Arocraes took his sheathed katana and armor piece and placed it against one of the walls beside the cells. He sighed as he began to mop around him. He looked around, analyzing the faces of the several prisoners that were held nearby. One in particular caught his attention, a skinny man with a long beard who donned a tattoo resembling the emblem of The Daughters on his upper arm. He looked away and continued mopping, feeling a bit more secure.

However, Arocraes began to feel wary, getting a suspicious feeling that The Daughters and their fleet were about to make a move soon enough.

JackieCat

Faelis took his mop with no inkling of complaint, and went down to the bridge with Arocraes, where the two started to mop.

He didn't say anything, but he analyzed the prisoners around them, taking note of anything that could be helpful.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Codex

"So, she didn't tell you her master plan then?" a mysterious voice whispered from the dark of one of the cells. It sounded sick, and old. Soon an older looking man pressed his face against the iron restraints, eyeing the two carefully.

He coughed, and sputtered his next words. "I haven't seen you two before... Tell me, how did you get aboard this cursed vessel? Did the Leviathan take a liking to you?" She said through a grin, flashing his rotting teeth before sputtering another chorus of coughs.

Arocraes

Arocraes stopped mopping momentarily to absorb the man's question. Leviathan?. He didn't understand what he meant. Arocraes' thoughts returned to Maul's orders about not talking to the prisoners, and he decided to heed them. Plus he didn't really have an interest in conversing with the prisoner.

He was still curious, however, about this "Leviathan."

"Hey Faelis, what do you think he means by Leviathan?" he asked him, blatantly ignoring the prisoner.

JackieCat

The captain had said to ignore the prisoners, and the elf would, at least for the time being.  He frowned at Arocraes's question.  "I don't know," he said, hoping that by saying this, the prisoner would answer.  That way, they could get answers without directly talking to the prisoners.

"Perhaps a nickname?" the elf put forward.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Codex

"A nickname. HA!" the man laughed as he struggled to maintain the coughing that interrupted it. "I've been on this ship for some time... I can assure you, her nickname is Soulscar." He said again, implying the elf's guess was wrong. "Well, I mean, you COULD say it is, seeing as I just called her it." He said again, gazing at the ground trying to choose his words better.

He then looked back up at the two. "Oh, but that's right. You're new here... Ask her about it, or anyone else on this ship... I DARE you!" He laughed again, before slumping against the wall of the cell. His giggling died into a horse cough once again.

Arocraes

"What a strange man" Arocraes said under his breath. He was still confused, but understood that the Leviathan was something the crew of the Seraph's Requiem might be sensitive about. Her nickname is Soulscar? he thought, growing more confused and suspicious. "What do you think of our new captain, Faelis?" he asked, wondering about his companion's thoughts.

JackieCat

Faelis was wondering what exactly was touchy about 'Leviathan' and how the reckless side of him wanted very much to ask about it when Arocraes spoke to him.

"I'm not sure," Faelis said, not wanting to speak his true thoughts in front of the prisoners, not say that, surprisingly, he trusted her more than he had ever trusted the captain of the ship they had been on previously.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Codex

He stared at the two for another moment, before shrugging. "Bah, I guess it won't matter anyways. Judging from what I've heard, you'll probably find out soon enough." He said, grinning.

"It won't be long till the Daughters track the Seraph, then I'm sure you'll get answers..."

Arocraes

Arocraes stopped momentarily before locking eyes with the prisoner. He flipped the mop he was currently holding upside down, and slid his hand so that it clutched near the end of the mop. Arocraes then began to pace a little closer to the prisoner.

"And what makes you so certain the Daughters will find this ship?" he interrogated.

Codex

The man gave Arcoraes a confused stare, and then smirked.

"I've been on this ship for a loonnnnggg time... Hehe, and if I've learned ANYTHING from the cap'n of this ship, it's that more often then not, she lets her enemies find her."

His look then showed concern. "She never did tell you were this ship was headed did she...?"

Arocraes

Arocraes pointed the mop towards the prisoner, not understanding how un-threatening he seemed at the moment. "I don't understand why you're so amused" he said with a stern look, "where is this ship headed?"