Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Servents of The Grey Lady

Started by Smaugthesilver, March 08, 2016, 01:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smaugthesilver

Mycasi rises to her feet too, also gently imcling her head.
"May the night breeze always ride under your wings and the stars of the forgotten ages protect you from harm."
Mycasi pauses.
"Will we meet again?"

Medievarad

"If the lady wills it," she nodded towards the door. "Don't keep him waiting."

Smaugthesilver

Mycasi nods again and approaches the door, nuding it open.

Medievarad

Mai stood up and dissappeared into another room.

As the door opened, she'd be revealed with the sight of a ruined village that seemed hastily patched up. Met by fierce aswell as vicious men and woman alike. All no doubt warriors following the word of the lady of grey and her Vangaurd. But, not all of them were, like Mai stated.

There were normal women, even children in the village. And surprisingly, all looked happy.

Smaugthesilver

Mycasi observes in awe the seemingly peaceful environment of the makeshift village. She'd actually only briefly visited them: villagers weren't too welcoming to a Wyvern - much less one that was know as a hired mercenary- and the tranquillity of it almost overwhelmed her as she scans the village for Limadan.

Medievarad

Limadan stepped next to Mycasi, arms folded. "This is what you tried to disrupt," he stated with a bitter tone of spite in his tone.

Smaugthesilver

Mycasi hisses sharply, turning to face Limadan
"It was my job!" she snaps "How was I know what effect I would have? I have to live. They were fighting men, soilders. I would neve have killed hatchlings or mothers! Never! No blood of innocents stains my scales."

Medievarad

"They were men following commands. Luckily no one was killed," Limadan answered, ignoring her rage. "And the blood of innocents will always stain your scales. Be it willingly or not."

Smaugthesilver

"Why is that?" Mycasi asks, quietly curious and disbelieving.

Medievarad

"You kill soldiers, people that can fend for themselves, perhaps true," Limadan took a deep sigh. "But these men often have family aswell. How many lives do you think you've ruined?" He glanced at Mycai. "This is no lecture, mind you. I am guilty to destroying countless lives."

Smaugthesilver

Mycasi pauses as she thinks it over.
"Perhaps what you say is true." she admits "But I did what I had to to survive and I will not feel regret over what I have done. The past is in the past."

Medievarad

Limadan shrugged softly. "It doesn't matter now," he answered as he took several steps forward. "You are strong. I can value that. Everyone here in the village can."

Smaugthesilver

Mycasi follows Limadan, at loss for anything else to do, waiting for him to speak.

Medievarad

"Your joining," Limadan started as he glanced at Mycasi. "Bring me Mai's blood."

Smaugthesilver

Over the years, and through many painful failures, Mycasi had learned to controll her immediate emotion response. However, she can't stop the flash of confusion that crosses her face.
"You want me to kill Mai?"

Medievarad

"Bring me her blood," he merely answered. "I will not answer any more questions about it."

Smaugthesilver

Mycasi was about to retort, but gave up in the end, snapping her mouth shut with vehement force.
"As you wish." she snarls, flexing her muscled, sinewy wings with force, and springing lightly into the air.

She had no desire to kill Mai, of course, and in the end decided that a trickle of blood couldn't do the healer much harm. Her nostrils flared as she reached the hall where Mai had treated her, attempting to track where she had gone.

Medievarad

Her scent was somewhere in the rooms of the crumbled church, away from the main hall.

If Mycasi would enter.the room, she'd find Mai, healing a child that seemed to have lost his leg. A worried elven mother holding him close as bone and flesh regrew under her hands.

Smaugthesilver

Instead of entering directly, Mycasi stops before the door, her keen hearing working in overdrive as she hers more than one person inside.

She round the building once for windows feom which to observe Mai's business inside the church.

Medievarad

As soon as she was done, the mother thanked her with tears in her eyes, before leaving. Mai sat down at a small desk and started writing again.