Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Uthlyn Uprising [plotting thread!]

Started by visualspice, March 12, 2016, 11:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jounin64

Alright so I got the thumbs up from spice but I want to know what you guys think.

So I'm thinking after the ship sank, Aldwin got reports of that from one of his agents, and used connections to rile up the people in Uthlyn. And after years of being a minor power, and only being a mere rumor, The Witch Doctor is ready to make his debut by doing more than just disguise and heal mages....He's going to bring his test subjects to Uthlyn >:D

The summarize Aldwin, or how the public knows him as The Witch Doctor, he is a Connloathian native, but his parents were from Thanati. He's a flesh sculptor who runs a hidden business known as The Clinic, where he redesigns runaway mage's appearances. Though anyone who opposes (mostly nobles) or betrays him gets sent to his dungeon, where they get turned into hulking flesh beasts

visualspice

@pomelo and @Lion

omg YES Dahlia was who I was thinking of- maybe at this time we could presume her and Edward were married and he gets drafted and all sorts of drama and then BAM, the uprising happens around them before they could make heads or tales of the craziness!

And lion, lol, Lucian seems to be up for a lot of kidnapping XD

@Cambie - what would wulfbaer do? Would be funny if by then, he got Mae'leena knocked up with his second illegitimate kid (and a son) loool just some thoughts!

Also, pommy! it might be funny to toss Kentamin at Olive again years later looool

Also, lion, are you making a profile for Lucian? You probably should if you've got all of these ideas for him- also please post them here so we can all have them for our plotting record 8D
unless, of course, some of the ideas you wanted to keep a secret!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Quote from: Jounin64 on March 13, 2016, 07:19:36 AM
Alright so I got the thumbs up from spice but I want to know what you guys think.

So I'm thinking after the ship sank, Aldwin got reports of that from one of his agents, and used connections to rile up the people in Uthlyn. And after years of being a minor power, and only being a mere rumor, The Witch Doctor is ready to make his debut by doing more than just disguise and heal mages....He's going to bring his test subjects to Uthlyn >:D

The summarize Aldwin, or how the public knows him as The Witch Doctor, he is a Connloathian native, but his parents were from Thanati. He's a flesh sculptor who runs a hidden business known as The Clinic, where he redesigns runaway mage's appearances. Though anyone who opposes (mostly nobles) or betrays him gets sent to his dungeon, where they get turned into hulking flesh beasts

This is such a creepy idea, @Jounin64 , I love it 8D
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

If Olive got kidnapped, the Wulfbauer army would come chasing because at that point she and Erwin likely will be married.  (omigod, can you imagine if he had a second bastard?!)

Also, my character Fletcher is the best gunsmith in the land and works out of the college at Uthlyn. Might be fun if other likeminded characters had to defend the college in a "last stand at the Alamo" kind of game.

visualspice

Quote from: Cambie on March 13, 2016, 08:34:32 AM
If Olive got kidnapped at this point, the Wulfbauer army could come chasing because at that point she and Erwin likely will be married.  (omigod, can you imagine if he had a second bastard?!)

Also, my character Fletcher is the best gunsmith in the land and works out of the college at Uthlyn. Might be fun if other likeminded characters had to defend the college in a "last stand at the Alamo" kind of game.

omg, I love the Alamo idea *_*

However, random thought, what if they kidnapped Mae'leena instead? haha (not sure that would make sense since I'm sure not many outside of Wulfbaer would know about his mistress XD )

Saber-Five

Hey @Cambie I would like to join your Alamo stand with my vigilante and some followers he picked up if you would have them. Who you would be defending against?

pomelo

Quote from: visualspice on March 13, 2016, 08:37:15 AM
omg, I love the Alamo idea *_*

However, random thought, what if they kidnapped Mae'leena instead? haha (not sure that would make sense since I'm sure not many outside of Wulfbaer would know about his mistress XD )

Well, @Lion and I were talking about the possibility of Lucian trying to kidnap/assassinate Olive aaaaaages ago, because he'd want to take out anyone who could talk about the various mishaps at the mage camps. When I first saw this plotting thread, I thought this event might be a good place to pick that idea up. Since it'd be a nice way to involve Wulfbauer, etc. And also to come full circle on my and Lion's mage camp drama. Just an idea, though!

DragonSong

Quote from: visualspice on March 12, 2016, 03:47:09 PM
@Heretic King - Yeah, anything is possible. I might even toss Vels into this, depending on the reason and turn out of members interested (and if it'd make sense for her to end up being there XD )

and @Saber-Five - that could definitely work! Maybe Artorias eventually gets the upper hand and Cullen tries to retreat back towards Uthlyn (maybe word gets out by this time in their fight) and these three end up in a thread of CHAOS!?

Though just some ideas! Chaos will happen, so there will be war crimes a plenty. Innocents will suffer, all the things! I'm pretty sure if I toss in Vels here she's not exactly going to be on one side or the other, considering she never wanted to be involved to begin with and is kind of surviving day to day best she can!

and @Jounin64 - since there wasn't a large interest in the ship thread, I continued that on with a one on one thread with @Draconian .  If you're still interested, PM me your ideas and we can work something out!

I keep mentioning Vels so I should probably add @DragonSong to this, too! lol

@visualspice
Hey! So if you want Vels and Gavin to get dragged into this, I'm up for that! Gavin is a kinda-sorta mage, so that might be interesting.

Also- I can totally see Fiona wanting to join the uprising without actually knowing much about it. Because she doesn't think things through. So. Hope that helps ^^

Lion

@visualspice  Yes I plan to make his profile either today or tomorrow. 

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

pomelo

Quote from: visualspice on March 13, 2016, 07:26:42 AM
@pomelo and @Lion

omg YES Dahlia was who I was thinking of- maybe at this time we could presume her and Edward were married and he gets drafted and all sorts of drama and then BAM, the uprising happens around them before they could make heads or tales of the craziness!

Hm. I think I'd rather not fast-forward so much with Dahlia. I'm not sure that she would marry Edward, to be honest. I mean, after sending her kids off to Serendipity, I don't think she'd allow herself that. But I really don't know without playing it out.

visualspice

Quote from: pomelo on March 13, 2016, 11:19:39 AM
Quote from: visualspice on March 13, 2016, 07:26:42 AM
@pomelo and @Lion

Hm. I think I'd rather not fast-forward so much with Dahlia. I'm not sure that she would marry Edward, to be honest. I mean, after sending her kids off to Serendipity, I don't think she'd allow herself that. But I really don't know without playing it out.

@pomelo - either way, Edward would support the Grand Duke and take up arms to fight with the draft and this taking place too close to his home (unless I plot him to be else where!)

pomelo

Quote from: visualspice on March 13, 2016, 01:08:14 PM
@pomelo - either way, Edward would support the Grand Duke and take up arms to fight with the draft and this taking place too close to his home (unless I plot him to be else where!)

I'll think about it. I think if I resurrected Dahlia, I'd rather see what happens between her and Edward in the past rather than start now. Or a flashback just to figure out their relationship without finishing the whole "We Will Not Go!" plot... Could be a possibility.

On another note, @Cambie and I schemed, and we think if Olive weren't kidnapped or something, Wulfbauer probably won't get involved. It'll probably be only just recovering from its internal conflicts at the time, and we think Erwin and Olive would both prefer to keep their little duchy secure than to go off for vengeance on Krah. (Did I forget anything, @Cambie?)

visualspice

Cambie

Quote from: Saber-Five on March 13, 2016, 08:47:03 AM
Hey @Cambie I would like to join your Alamo stand with my vigilante and some followers he picked up if you would have them. Who you would be defending against?

Not sure, I'm guessing whatever crazy fanatical protesters decide to storm the College.  Open to ideas!

Quote from: pomelo on March 13, 2016, 11:44:12 PM

On another note, @Cambie and I schemed, and we think if Olive weren't kidnapped or something, Wulfbauer probably won't get involved. It'll probably be only just recovering from its internal conflicts at the time, and we think Erwin and Olive would both prefer to keep their little duchy secure than to go off for vengeance on Krah. (Did I forget anything, @Cambie?)

You forgot to pick up milk on the way home from work.

Really though, that sounds about right.  If Olive doesn't get snagged, there'd really be no reason to go anywhere as Wulfbauer would just be wrapping up its own internal strife and will be trying to regroup.

Saber-Five

Quote from: Cambie on March 14, 2016, 04:08:58 PM
Quote from: Saber-Five on March 13, 2016, 08:47:03 AM

Not sure, I'm guessing whatever crazy fanatical protesters decide to storm the College.  Open to ideas!

Works for me. We it could make a defense against waves of different groups. For example rebel extremists, wanting to seize an important postion in the city and kill anyone that gets in their way. Or Church zealots who want to "purify the college of corruption". Of course there would likely the armed looters who would be more than happy to take advantage of this chaos to ransack the institution for valuables.

Or just fight off one faction if that is your preference.

We can discuss further ideas on the subject in the PM board if you wish.

visualspice

Yeah, Erwin and Olive don't have to get involved, though I'm sure if they don't, they'll hear about it- one way or another!

visualspice

Is anyone up for tossing more innocents into the fray? Or just more characters in general. I'm hoping to get this mini-event started soon :)

Draconian

Would you like to borrow Minerva? I've forgotten to link her profile in my signature and i dont know if she counts as an innocent! She's super bratty.

visualspice

Maybe Cullen could run into her, trying to use her for intel and realizes it probably wasn't worth it? lol or something
Might be fun if he's in disguise at a ball or something, which could be something he tries to advocate for her (or some other noble) to start for a ball or some such to ensure there are some wealthier, noble targets in the city?

I dunno, just some ideas x.x
did you have something in mind? XD

She's from Folkvar was it?

Draconian

I didnt have any ideas. I just like being neck deep in plots with you!

She is from Folkvar! Evarelia is her mom!

Well if that ship wreck happened her mom would be presumed dead. Which would make her super mopey and an easy target for noble hunters.

Tags: