Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Uthlyn Uprising [plotting thread!]

Started by visualspice, March 12, 2016, 11:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

I should probably ask this before continuing to post in this thread, but this thread wasn't meant to have the uprising happen in it during this announcement in the street. It was simply to get the characters into position and interacting with one another before hand, so I just want to make sure we're all on the same page since no conflicts or crazy uprisings are meant to happen just yet XD only putting all of the necessary chess pieces in their place!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

@Heretic King - I'm thinking we ditch the idea of Artorias being distracted in the capital. I'd say he could enter the thread maybe when things start to get crazy? Since I can't see him being there before the uprising begins, cause that would put a damper on Cullen's plans. The idea is the people rebel, not mass chaos at first-

Mass chaos can ensue as this is becoming ripe~ so that's when character's like @Saber-Five 's vigilante would come into play, probably around the same time (or after) that @Jounin 's character decides to unleash his undead, flesh sculpted minions lol

@SilverLuna - I'm thinking it's possible she and Killian are separated here, where Sil might be taken to the capital while Killian is forced to act as a guard in Uthlyn. he'd be anxious to get to Sil, but this would make an interesting situation for Sil to perhaps meet the Grand Duke himself, and she begin to do a little bit of spying herself. (however, she could also end up with Killian in Uthlyn, if you'd prefer to join this chaos!) It's totally up to you!

@Rhi-Rhi - How do you want to go about having Faolan here? WIll he step in with orders to help keep the citizens in check so the uprising doens't turn violent? I think that makes the most sense but I figured I'd check with you!

And to those who've rped with Vels, I'm thinking of tossing her intot his thread since a lot of you involved in this, have~
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

@Cambie - were you still interested in participating here?

visualspice

Quote from: Cambie on March 19, 2016, 02:07:20 PM
Quote from: visualspice on March 19, 2016, 01:39:22 PM
@Cambie - were you still interested in participating here?

Lots of posts in here, what are we talking about again???

@Cambie - if you wanted to have your character involved in an Alamo type stand off during this event

Medievarad

Quote from: visualspice on March 19, 2016, 01:36:19 PM
@Heretic King - I'm thinking we ditch the idea of Artorias being distracted in the capital. I'd say he could enter the thread maybe when things start to get crazy? Since I can't see him being there before the uprising begins, cause that would put a damper on Cullen's plans. The idea is the people rebel, not mass chaos at first-

Mass chaos can ensue as this is becoming ripe~ so that's when character's like @Saber-Five 's vigilante would come into play, probably around the same time (or after) that @Jounin 's character decides to unleash his undead, flesh sculpted minions lol

@SilverLuna - I'm thinking it's possible she and Killian are separated here, where Sil might be taken to the capital while Killian is forced to act as a guard in Uthlyn. he'd be anxious to get to Sil, but this would make an interesting situation for Sil to perhaps meet the Grand Duke himself, and she begin to do a little bit of spying herself. (however, she could also end up with Killian in Uthlyn, if you'd prefer to join this chaos!) It's totally up to you!

@Rhi-Rhi - How do you want to go about having Faolan here? WIll he step in with orders to help keep the citizens in check so the uprising doens't turn violent? I think that makes the most sense but I figured I'd check with you!

And to those who've rped with Vels, I'm thinking of tossing her intot his thread since a lot of you involved in this, have~

Point me to the thread ^^

@visualspice

Cambie

Quote from: visualspice on March 19, 2016, 03:15:47 PM

@Cambie - if you wanted to have your character involved in an Alamo type stand off during this event

Oh yeah, we totally could if people are interested!

visualspice

Medievarad

Quote from: visualspice on March 19, 2016, 04:27:44 PM
Here's the link:
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=20360.0

@Heretic King !

I'll keep an eye on it when Cullen starts making his move. I assume it's safe to say Artorias managed to track him down for the time being?

@visualspice

pomelo

So I was thinking I could maybe throw my character John Jameson into the fray (what do you think, @Draconian?). He's an ex-soldier with a big blank space in his memory (and may be something more).

But! I have some questions!

It's not really clear to me who is doing the "uprising" and why. Like, is the city occupied by someone and the citizens are rising up against the occupying forces? If so, who's occupying them? That's kind of what I think of when I hear "uprising." (Think the Warsaw Uprising or Easter Rising).

Or are mage-y forces using Uthlyn as a staging ground to attack the Grand Duke's forces/army? That seems like something pretty different to me! In that case, the mages (if victorious) could even be something of an occupying force in Uthlyn, considering that most of the citizens wouldn't necessarily be pro-mage, right? Even if they're not pro-government, they're still Connlaothian.

I'm a bit confused about what the actual dynamics of this battle/uprising are!

pomelo

Quote from: visualspice on March 12, 2016, 11:38:44 AM
...and with Matron's Hallow conquered by the Turgall army where General Krah Mordeth has been presumed dead, those who have been conspiring to over turn the government near the capital believe it's time to strike.

Whoa whoa whoa... what? Matron's Hollow is already conquered by Turgall at this point??? Wouldn't that mean that Reajh and Uthlyn were already conquered? Also, where did THAT happen? That seems like a super major turn of events! Where is the Grand Duke if Matron's Hollow is already conquered?

I'm confused!!!

visualspice

@pomelo - the idea for the 'uprising' is more of the people revolting, however, by the way things are going in the plotting thread, it's evident this rioting will turn into a chaotic potential battle field. It's not meant to be a battle, just meant to be a city who's people are finally fed up with everything that's going on and move forward to protest angrily

As far as Matron's Hallow goes, the army from Turgall was being fought off at Matron's Hallow (which is the section of the Grand Duke's duchy that has the massive lake in it). The main bridge leading into the town was blown up in hopes to keep the invading army out, but the explosion kind of went wrong,a nd didn't blow up the entire bridge, so the army was able to move forward, but during this mis-hap, their General, General Krah, went MIA and was presumed dead.

Currently, in the thread where that is happening, the Grand Duke's army is swiftly moving in via the rivers and it's plotted that the portion of the Army from Turgall that's currently in Matron's Hallow will be chased out (or slaughtered).  The idea is this temporary hold by the enemy so close to Uthlyn and Reajh is making the masses very much on edge-

hence the uprising riot that turns into chaos.

Hope that makes sense!

visualspice

@Jounin brought up a good point in their PM to me:

Quote from: Jounin on March 20, 2016, 08:01:47 AM
Alright! I have something planned so that Aldwin can stall his subjects from being released, probably will once the riot starts.

Also is this right now the day before the Day of Respite, the mourning phase, or the mask wearing phase?

To answer this question (and clarify)- this takes place the day before the Day of Respite (considering there wouldn't be a town meeting during the day of Respite! For shame on them if they tried!)

So...t hat being said, maybe the riot itself starts in or after the people have gone to church?

TreeFolk

Wow! Am I ever late to this party!

Ailbe is kinda stuck in the blender on this one- she's likely to get picked up, chewed up, and hopefully spit out at the end of it depending on who/what she ends up interacting with. She's going to be playing the part of the mostly innocent bystander, just looking for Cullen for help after her own personal trauma happened in a port city on the coast.

@visualspice - also, I think it's HILARIOUS how both Ailbe and Jack are paranoid about one another, and made even more paranoid by the other being paranoid.

visualspice

Quote from: TreeFolk on March 20, 2016, 11:55:16 PM
@visualspice - also, I think it's HILARIOUS how both Ailbe and Jack are paranoid about one another, and made even more paranoid by the other being paranoid.

I too am amused by this :D made me giggle

SilmeriaElemred

@visualspice well wherever she ends up she will not be able to be contained very long xD if she notices Killian is in trouble if they would get seperated then she will wreak havoc xD

Saber-Five

I think it would be best if I halt further postings of Nemesis until the riot actually does start.

visualspice

@Saber-Five you could, unless you want him to run into any of the characters!

visualspice

Just bumping this thread to let people know this thread is still actively seeking more plots as the 'party' has not yet begun :D