Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Family Members Wanted!

Started by visualspice, March 17, 2016, 01:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magyar

How would I play in to this plan exactly? @Spicyspice

visualspice

@Magyar  Well right now your character may or may not be capturing Petrin, so it would effect her family, and extended family, to be sure XD

I also need to figure out where @Dad 76 / ARAD V1.0  's character might be during our current thread, since he and I only have a bit of a flash back thread we're writing in, so yeah, @Dad 76 / ARAD V1.0  - we should probably plot on this as well since current time int he war, Wallund (and well Ahfeld as a whole) is being focused in on by @Magyar  's character on behalf of the Grand Duke in order to secure the land back under the Grand Duke's law.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

KingTyrant

Here he is... All finished.

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=23314.new#new

Just a jolly ol' bard who may or may not know pyromancy.  :)

Medievarad

@Spicyspice

Hmm. I haven't written much as Seldon, or put any thought in him as a character lately. Give me some time. Or ideas! :D

But honestly, I either imagine him being a traveling mercenary by all means. Or just locked up in a room, training. Since the nature of his powers are quite dangerous. And he'd hate to lose control around Petrin or his family.

Whim

Wylie has just sent a letter to Petrin. He's looking to bring Wallund over to the mage-side one way or the other...

I don't know how the timing should coincide with Wildfires. If either of you are interested in pursuing it maybe maybe some rangers are poking at Gwynn's forces from the hills, looking to cut off siege supplies -- or grab a-hold of one of the stark siblings for leverage? I donno.
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

zearea

If you're still looking for family members then I believe I have a great character to throw in as a close cousin perhaps, or sister? Not sure if you are looking for sisters. Anyway this character concept is not new but the Starks have such similar values to her's, I felt compelled to get her in on this.

A little blurb of my character's personality:
Tetrianna is an extremely reserved and distrustful woman toward anyone that is not her family, and to gain her trust is not easy. Despite her cold demeanor toward people, the lady's facade can be broken for a time to reveal her true emotions, but it is rare that the lady drops that unreadable mask for anyone, including her family. She is always straight forward with others, a trait that does sharpen the sting of her brutally honest nature, as she rarely sugar coats her words. Tetrianna values security and stability, and expect others to follow through with their responsibilities. In the end, she holds herself and others to high moral standards.

Tetri is extremely logic orientated and prefers to plan out important events before executing them, thus rarely faltering when a curve ball threatens her plans or the unexpected occurs. She places a great deal of trust in her own judgement which is based solely off unbiased logic and reasoning and has little tolerance for intuitive judgement. Rather, she prefers to evaluate the information available to her and make a decision quickly.

Tetrianna's strong sense of duty to her family and the community, as well as her distrust of outsiders often leads to extreme reluctance to accept foreign aid, or anything that can be deemed threatening or likely to fail. It would take a lot of convincing before the lady deems an outsider's ideas worth executing over her own, but not impossible, especially with a lot of facts to back it up.

Other:
- She is an alcoholic
- Absolutely despises balls, social gatherings and anything involving being a courteous host, it comes with the fact she cannot soften her tongue, or remain patient while discussing topics about the weather, and such.
- She is of age to marry, probably getting past that age, but has no desire to marry out of money/reputation. She has, and will continue to scare away any suitor with the justification that if they are turned away so easily then clearly they are not worthy.
- At an early age took to the sword, and trained first in secret, then found herself a mentor. Her mentor was a close friend of the family and when it was discovered that she was learning from him, he was offered the job of being a personal knight, the only one that Tetrianna hadn't chased away yet.

Before I get carried away I will leave it as it is

visualspice

@zearea  Ohh, I love the sound of this character! However, Petrin is meant to be the only female in her family line of siblings, however, her being a cousin, maybe even a super close one that's sister like (or even a friend if not blood related) sounds really awesome and I'd be interested to explore more of this with plots :D
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Quote from: Whim on March 15, 2017, 05:16:10 PM
Wylie has just sent a letter to Petrin. He's looking to bring Wallund over to the mage-side one way or the other...

I don't know how the timing should coincide with Wildfires. If either of you are interested in pursuing it maybe maybe some rangers are poking at Gwynn's forces from the hills, looking to cut off siege supplies -- or grab a-hold of one of the stark siblings for leverage? I donno.

@Whim  and @Magyar

I think that sounds like a pretty cool idea since right now, Petrin has no idea what she should do! She's pretty much stuck in the middle of a rock and a hard place. Maybe she recieves the letter as someone is fleeing and she uses it to run off or send off a letter in plee for help- or who knows, @Whim  your character might already notice the siege and react on their own accord?

So if magyar is okay with it, we could have others jump into this thread-

Even so much as bringing in @zearea  or @KingTyrant 's mentioned characters as well- but I'll wait to see what others think. Maybe even @Dad 76 / ARAD V1.0  could participate, but we'd have to discuss what her younger brother Seldon would be up to around this part in the story, as it's probably half a year (or a full year?) since the thread he and I are in.

Can't wait to hear back on this to get things moving :D

Magyar

I am intrigued by a tertiary force entering. We could Helm's Deep this, y'know? @Spicyspice and I are already in the first stages. If @Whim wants to Gandalf Ex Machina Wallund I wouldn't be opposed.

Whim

Sounds like a lot of fun! Should I be joining Wild Fires then? I figure Wyndham forces are probably small in number, mostly rangers in the hills trying to wear the siege down and whatnot.

I did have a few questions:

1) Is Wallund a castle with a town around it, or a city?

2) What are Wallund's surroundings like? I get the impression it and most of Ahjfeld are sparsely forested hills?

3) I was thinking Wylie was coming to try and convince Wallund to join Tugall's side around the time the siege was noticed. Tries to break it to win favor and expel the Grand-Duke's men?
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

zearea

Hmm, on second thoughts my time schedule is irregular and I reckon I won't be active enough to really commit to something like this, maybe later on? I will ask again when I feel more free.

visualspice

Just going to bump this thread incase anyone else would like to join! Right now Wallund is under attack and Petrin is going to have to flee for her life soon. So any future connections or family members she ought to reach out to might be helpful! (they don't necessarily have to live in Ahjfeld either)

Just some plot ideas for thought <3

visualspice

Also since both rpers left that were rping as her brothers, I'm going to assume they died or disappeared during the war. So this leaves no male heirs unless someone wants to write up a cousin or something <3

Jounin64

visualspice

Welcome back! We need to plot what Toma's been up to while in the military!

Jounin64

Definitely! Glorilyss and I also discussed possibly having her Connlaothian noble be a romantic interest during the time he's not on active duty. Also after the Uthlyn uprising, what were the key events that happened? So we can plan Toma's whereabouts better. 

visualspice

Biggest thing is the crown attacked Toma's family's castle because Petrin wasn't cooperating and it kinda escalated. As of now, no one knows of her where abouts (but the thread hasn't finished so I'm just not sure where she'll og yet until it's done!)