Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Room with a View

Started by visualspice, March 17, 2016, 02:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Cullen let her words sink in. Though he figured she was no spy out to expose him, he also didn't trust her enough with the news on the events to come.

"There's... a safe haven. It's not too far from here. You could make it before morning..." he said, standing now and walking towards the windows. He clasped his hands behind his back. "You need to get there before morning. Uthlyn's not safe. Not now.... and things'll only get worse within the approaching hours."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TreeFolk

"I..." She thought about whether or not she should share with him the deal she had been offered. Chewing on her lip, she continued, "I know... I was approached by a man in a..." She tried to find a way to describe him in a way other than the way a child might describe a nightmare, "A suspicious man in a mask. He asked me to bring him a map of the city, and promised I'd be safe- from whatever it is that's 'bout to boil over."

She swallowed heavily and twisted her fingers together. "Look, I appreciate your concern about my safety an' all, but it's not my safety I care about. I get yer busy, but is there a way t'find y'after... Maybe I might join yer men, learn how t'go about helpin' my family? I'm tough an' smart, I helped my Da with the mages." She squared her jaw, "I'm not no frightened girl, Cullen. If y'need me in the city for whatever it is y'got goin', I can be covert. Folks don't expect someone like me t'be up to nothin' bad."

visualspice

At her mentioning about a man in a mask, he simply let her talk over it, quietly chewing on the information himself. Then his eyes fell away from her again. Before he could comment, she went on to offer her support and gratitude, but still, he said nothing, eyes lingering on the window.

"It looks like it might rain tonight," he commented, indifference in his tone.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TreeFolk

Ailbe released a sigh of exasperation in response to his indifference, stuffing her hands in her pockets. "Y'know, I don't know why my Da always spoke so highly o' you and yer ideas. If y'forget the men helpin' y', no matter how insignificant y'think they are, I don't know how y'think you'll ever make a difference in this shite country."

"I'll figure it out on my own." She swallowed back the angry tears that were fighting to be shed, "Sorry t'waste your precious time. Hope whatever mayhem you're planning goes just peachy."

visualspice

It would be so much easier if he just let her go like that. If she supported his cause she could help in the after math, not die with it before she even knew what was going on. She was in over her head and didn't even know it.

And then the words were out of his mouth before he could think any better.
"Have you got a place to stay?"
He wasn't entirely heartless, even as he was trying to be.