Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Rest For The Wicked [M] [Heretic King]

Started by Codex, March 20, 2016, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codex

"Argghh! YOU SMUG LITTLE BRAT!" A tall, muscular man yelled angrily as he flipped a rather small table of on its side, snapping one of the legs in the process. His face red with hot anger as his brow swelled. He breathed heavily as he stared at the young pirate who seemed undisturbed by his sudden outburst. She simply sat in the chair across from him with her legs crossed over one another, happily humming a tune to herself as she tossed a pair of yellow dice up and down in her hand .

"I'm sorry, if you're suffering from bad luck, you can always try again." The girl replied with a devilish smile as she revealed her violet eyes. The man stared at her, but his facial expression slightly changed after her words. Something about the calmness in her tone made him slightly uneasy.

"If not, I'm afraid your cargo and coin now belong to me." She said without waiting for the man's response. Opening her lip to show her white grin.

The man's anger quickly returned, and without saying another word he raised his fist in rage, obviously not thinking about what he was doing. He gave a furious yell as he brought his hand down, aimed at the girl's face.

Less then a second later, he was blown back several feet by an unseen force, but everyone in the bar could feel the wind. He crashed heavily into another table, his weight snapping it in half, rendering him unconscious in the process... Everyone stopped and stared at the pirate, and soon the entire bar burst into a fit of laughter as they quickly grasped the situation.

The girl simply stood up, and gave a few swipes to her coat, knocking any dust off. She then held her hand in the air as another pirate came up behind her. "I won the game, cargo an loot be mine now. Y'know the drill. Kill anyone who tries to defend the cargo." She said flatly.

"Aye cap'n Soulscar" he said before editing the bar, two others behind him. At the mention of her name, a few souls looked up surprisingly at the girl... Their faces suggested they had no idea that the pirate known as "Captain Soulscar" was actually a young girl. Most who had heard about her assumed she was male. As it was rare to see the girl off her ship...

Medievarad

Captain Flint. For fuck's sake. With a low snarl, the strapping and rather young looking captain Flint downed his pint of ale. Already having two up for spares, aswell as three mugs of rum. His last money. Where those two pints and three mugs.

He tipped his large hat back and leaned back in his seat as he slammed the empty pint down. Letting out a rather loud belch.

Captain Flint was dressed in a long leather coat. Six flintlock pistols were strapped to his chest. An iron saber hung from his side. He kicked his heavy leather boots up the tablex tipping the chair back on two feet. Sighing slowly as he idly scratched the eyepatch over his left eye. He had a gruff exterior. Looking like he'd take shit from no one. But, that also gave him sort of rogueish handsomeness.

But captain Flint had no ship. It sunk several days ago. So here he was waisting his last savings to booze. Like any proper captain would do in this case.

And then, some random guy is thrown up in the air and had to land on his drinks. Of all the places. Wich made him positivly furious. The man sat up slowly and wanted to curse at Soulscar again. But he didn't even as much as face Flint.

He grabbed the tuft of the man's hair and slammed him back to the table, knocking him out immediatly. "Ruined me drinks, filthy curr." He stood up with a soft sigh.

He grabbed a hold of her collar as she brushed padt, lifting her up and facing her. "Oi. Ya ruined me drinks." He noted. Not even caring she was accompanied by two guards or the fact that she apperently could send someone flying.

Codex

As the young captain watched the three crew members leaving, an unknown force had quickly grabbed the collar of her neck. The girl quickly whipped her head around at her assailant as she felt her feet leaving the ground. Brawls were common in pirate infested bars , so this wasn't an unusual sight.

The girl simply stared into his eyes with a grin as he held her in place, before the clicking of a flintlock was heard underneath his chin. Had the man been paying attention to his waist, he would've noticed that the silent girl slip one of his several flintlocks from his holster.

She didn't need to fire though, as two more pirates who witnessed the scene quickly came to her aid. One of them aimed at his head from behind while the other quickly jabbed his elbow into Flint's ribcage to knock the wind out of him and to make him drop their leader.

"Now, that's rude." Mythica sneered. Twirling the pistol in her hand. She observed the young pirate, he was handsome enough to sway Mythica from treating him with a similar wind spell she used on her previous attacker. "Have another." She laughed, flicking a coin to his feet.

"Least I can do to help a fellow captain out. Oh wait, sorry. 'Ex captain.' Can't be a captain without a ship." She smirked, clearly knowing of Flint's troubles.

Medievarad

With a loud cough, the air was forced from his lungs as he released Mythica, dropping to his knees, clutching at his chest as he took several deep gasps.

He sighed bitterly. "Alright Missy.. I would've let the drinks slide.. I even would've let ya stealin' me pistol slide.. The elbow.. Even." He stood up slowly as he picked up the coin. "But ya just said tha wrong thing."

He flicked the coin in his hand, smacking the open palm with the coin in it against the pirate behind him, with the pistol, his face. He pulled the pistol from the staggered pirate's hand, flicking it in his hnd, ramming the butt against the other pirate's head.

Instantly, he pulled a second pistol and aimed both at Mythica.

Codex

Mythica simply stood her ground, and watched with a rather amused expression on her face as Flint quickly dealt with the two pirates who came to her aid. She had already managed to predict the outcome of the brawl however, and had already prepared for when Flint turned his attention back to her.

As the man whipped around with the two pistols, she had his, as well as one of her own to match in his face. By now the entire bar had turned to see the scene the two had created as both stood there on equal ground holding pistols at each others heads.

"Glad to know you're smart at least, but now what's the plan?" She said with a confident grin. Of course, had Mythica wanted to, she could have ended the squabble earlier with a quick burst of wind elemental magic to blow her opponent off balance. But it seemed like it wouldn't be needed.

Mythica stared at something behind him and took a step back as the yell of another Pirate was heard. He suddenly smashed a bottle on Flin'ts exposed head from behind...

Medievarad

"I dunno. Thow down that peashooter 'n gimme me gun back." He answered with an almost careless attitude. "'N ya gonna pay fo' me drinks. 'N I get shitface drunk and you just be gettin' back to whatever." He gave her a toothy grin. "Deal?"

Yet the step back and Mythica staring at something told him something was amiss. The yell behind him just affirmed his suspicion, before the bottle was rammed on the back of his head. Shattering with the blow. His arms slumped down as he turned around groggily to his assailant. "That ain't fair at all," he blurted out before he collapsed to the floor.

Codex

The girl watched as Flint fell to the ground by the sudden blow the angry pirate had made, holding the broken glass in one hand, while the other was wiping blood from his nose. He'd been one of the two Flint seemed to have smacked effortlessly only moments before.

"Guess that'd be one way to get yer revenge lad." Mythica chuckled before readjusting her rose feathered hat on her white haired head. She leaned down and tapped Flint's head with the end of her flintlock to only confirm her earlier suspicions of him being completely out cold.

"Can we kill him now cap'n?" The pirate asked her in a low, cold tone. Mythica would have usually let her crew do whatever after an event like that, but the pirate did show some talent that peeked her interest.

"No. I feel like he'd be useful to us. After all, he's without a ship. Doubt he 's old enough to be giving up now." She said with a sly smile. Only moments after the doors busted open and the pirate who Mythica had ordered around earlier returned.

"Captain Soulscar. We've loaded the little cargo onto the ship." The girl turned her head. "Oi Kale, we have need of another store boy correct?" She asked, already knowing the answer.

"Err.. Yes ma'am. Our last one was killed during our skirmish at summervale." She looked back down at Flint , then stood up and walked out past him.

"Load him up with the rest of the cargo. We're leaving now. I want the Seraph prepared for departure in 30 minutes..."

Medievarad

He didn't seem to be knocked out. He was snoring heavily. It seemed pretty obvious that he was infact sleeping off the booze, rather than being knocked out.

Codex

(OOC: Whoops. Void what I said then about him being knocked out cold xD)

The two men nodded in response as they both picked up two of Flint's limbs, and began carrying him out of the tavern. Few minutes later, they dumped him on one of the hammocks situated in the Seraph's crews quarters.

The day was late, and twilight had already set upon the horizon. The deck of the ship was bright with lanterns as the crew scurried across the ship's long body, preparing to leave port. Soon, the captain walked aboard from the dock, stretching her neck slightly from the strain of being picked up by the collar. Mythica went straight for the captains cabin, wishing to not be disturbed.

Mythica sighed as she flipped her feathered hat off her head, and twirled it onto a hook on the wall of the expansive room. Today had been rather dissapointing by her standards. She'd spent most of it at the tavern, recruiting new crew members, gambling cargo, and looking for rumours on possible cargo shipments. However, she received little luck on all three aspects. The girl only assumed news of the "Summervale Skirmish" had gotten around by now. An event she was foolish enough to instigate... She had lost much of her crew, even though the Seraph came out victorious from the battle. It was a trap set by the Serenian navy. They were waiting for Mythica, and her ship had gotten boarded by two of their boats at the same time... The bloody battle may have been the reason why many sailors were reluctant to sign their services to the Seraph's Requiem. She had to resort to other tactics to gain crew members...

Her thoughts were interrupted however by another member of her crew. "Captain Soulscar. We're ready to depart." She turned from the large window in his direction. "And our newest member?"

"Still in a coma..." He responded. She smirked and walked back out of the cabin onto the deck. "Pull anchor, get the mains down. We sail for Kunata!" The crew roared in agreement as they got to their stations. The large, grey sailed boat set sail out of the cove... It's black flag depicting a skeletal music note waved silently in the early night breeze.

Medievarad

(Well. Yeah. I had no idea how to make a move. So I made that thing to get you a post. Since I can't do much when my character's unconcious. xD)

With a loud and sudden snort, Flint woke up and rubbed his head, groaning slowly. For fuck's sake, he had a headache. Faintly remembering the bottle smashed on the back of his head. It made him feel a slight tingle of relief. It'd be utter garbage if he had a hangover from just three mugs of ale.

He dropped from his hammock, face-first down on the floor and let out another, more annoyed than pained, grunt. Before he stood up straight, limping up the stairs, towards the captain's quarters.

And heavens beware. He was fucking pissed. As he reached the open door, he slammed his boot down against the back of the knee of the crew member reporting in to Mythica, pulling his pistol and pressing it to the back of the man's head. "Still in coma m'ass," he murmured with a grit of his teeth, before looking up at her. "Gimme one fuckin' reason not to litter yer beautiful quarters with this guy's brains." He asked, his other hand grabbing a pistol as he turned sidewards, his back pressed against the doorpost, holding out a pistol to the deck and one against the back of the pirate's head.

That way, he wouldn't get any bottles smashed on his head any time soon. "And don' you fuckin' come tellin' me I'm surrounded. I couldn't give a rat's ass about that."

Codex

The girl stopped speaking when a all too familiar figure was seen behind the pirate. She watched as he quickly subdued him, holding a flintlock to his head. One thing Mythica knew for sure was that he wasn't happy to be here. But she also knew he hadn't grasped the full extent of the situation she had kindly put him in.

"You should be thanking me." She said flatly, rolling her eyes. "You don't seem to know why I brought you aboard my ship." The girl said casually as she slumped into the chair behind the captain's desk, twirling her flintlock in her hand, but not showing any signs of hostility with it.

"I mean, if you DON'T want to make a king's ransom worth of gold then you can just throw your life away." She hinted, a smirk across her lip as she leaned back in the chair. She didn't show any signs of nervousness as he held a gun up to one of her crew, only because she was confident enough her words could sway him.

Medievarad

"Ya fuckin' twerp." He merely.answered. "Yer know me name. So ya prolly know reputation." He raised the pistol and pulled the trigger. The bullet smacking into the floor infront of her feet. He slammed the butt of flintlock against the pirates head and pulled out another to replace the unchambered one. Aiming it at Mythica. The pirate dropping forward unconciously.

"So. Yer better be talkin', before I get real mad."

Codex

Mythica gave an annoyed sigh by his response. He clearly didn't understand the hint she just tried to give him, so she naturally assumed the rum was still infecting his brain. "Aye, I know your ship sunk. And I was thrilled to witness your skill when you effortlessly took out 2-.. 3 of my men" She elaborated.

She crossed one of her legs over the other, and rested her arms on the armrests of the large chair. Obviously made for someone much larger then herself. "Take a look. I have a plan to score big, and I figured you'd want in on the job. Now I'm giving you the chance." She said smiling mischievously. No one could ever know if Mythica was trust worthy, her calm and amused demeanour built onto this personality trait. She motioned to a piece of parchment strewn across the edge of the table... It looked like the building layout of a heavily fortified naval Fort...

"That's no strategicly placed hall monitor... They're guarding something expensive..." She told him, the sly grin still on her face.

Medievarad

Flint arched an eyebrow, flicking one pistol its holster, still keeping another aimed at Mythica. He stepped over the body and walked over, glancing at the lay-out. "Aye. I can understand yer thinkin'. But what would be me role in this?"

He hadn't said anything binding yet. He was just informing now. If it was as good as she made it to be. It could mean enough money for a new ship. Or at least a lot of booze.

Codex

"Simple really." She began. "If I'm going to pull this job off, I have need of skilled individuals like yourself. Of course my crew is well equipped, but help from you would enhance our chances of succession." Mythica said.

"The fort itself is too heavily fortified to attack head on, we'd need the element of surprise to get the drop on em..." She got up from the chair and walked around the table, pulling another peice of paper from it. "I'm offering to give you a cut if you join the crew. For at least this mission..." She said smiling, not revealing the contents of the paper in her hand.

Medievarad

"What. Yer abra ca-fucking-dabra won't cut it?" He asked with a rather amused arch of his eyebrow, before shrugging. "Ya could've jus' asked, rather than havin' someone ruin me drinks 'n day." He rubbed the back of his head. It would've also prevented quite a headache.

"Ai'ght. I be in. Fer the time being." He finally decided with a shrug.

Codex

Mythica smiled at his response.

"No, I'm afraid it's more complicated then that." She told him. She then put the piece of paper on the desk. It showed the layout of some sort of watch tower, ranging to be about 50 feet in height. "The fort is located on a small island, secluded from the public. My magic won't work because of these towers that dot the island's jungle behind the fort." She pointed to the top of it.

"That rooms holds some sort of beacon, powered by mages. They act as magical watch towers that can pierce my fog..." She said, giving an annoyed expression... "That's why we're making port on the other side of the island, far from the towers. We be sending in teams to infiltrate each of the three towers, taking out the beacons, and hiding the bodies..." She said smirking.

"Stealth is crucial. Once their taken out, we'll meet back up at the ship, then I can easily create fog to surprise them. And we storm the fort, killing and stealing anything we deem worthy."

Medievarad

Flint walked over to the unconcious pirate and pushed his hand sidewards, holstering the two pistols he held and picking. He picked up the third, starting ro reload the flintlock. Flint turned around to Mythica. "So. 'Nough magic pirates around to have defenses against 'em," he concluded with a bitter snicker.

He nodded as he listened to the rest of her plan in silence. "Yer got this all planned out, don't'cha?"

Codex

"One reason for my winnings." She replied. "We be heading for Kunata first however. I have some... 'special' cargo waiting for me that will help us in our raid." She said giving him a smirk.

"We should arrive by the morning. For now, I suggest you see Maul. He be my first mate. He'll get you situated and give you something useful to do." She walked back around to the chair and sat in it. "Welcome to the crew."

Medievarad

Flint shook his head. "Lookie here, missy. I ain't none of yer crew. I'm not doin' shit fer dick on a ship that isn't mine to command. I signed up fer the mission. I didn't sign up fer yer fuckin' crew." He folded his arms. "So fuck Maul. 'N fuck doin' anythin' in particular."

With a swoosh off his coat, he turned around. "I'm back in me hammock. Ask me when ya fuckin' need me," he said, before he walked off.

Tags: