Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The bird and the jewel maker (Dragonsong)

Started by Mephistel, April 08, 2016, 03:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

-A change of pace...nothing precise really...-

He said as he got up, then moving in front of a mirror, he saw himself, still in his bal clothes.

-Perhaps I should change first huh...-

DragonSong

Risa giggled and raised a hand to cover her mouth. "Yeah. Maybe," she agreed.

Mephistel

-Give me a moment...shouldn't be long...-

He then exited the room and returned to his own in order to do just that. Putting on some more casual clothes that were actually his size, the other ones had mysteriously disapeared, he would most likely need to either find out where they went or buy new ones...A white long sleeved shirt with a pair of black pants and a red bow around his neck with a black short sleeveless tail coat over his shirt.

He returned to the lab, then looked at Risa.

-Better?

DragonSong

She gave him a lopsided smile. "Much."

Risa got to her feet and moved toward the door. "I suppose we should get moving then."

Mephistel

-Yes...the sooner we are out, the better I will feel...-

He said. They walked out of the room and made their way to the front door, moved trough the gardens then finally reached the front gate and went out. He didn't took one of the family carriage, there was no need, he'd rather walk to sort things out in his mind.

-Tell me...where would you go if you wanted to clear your head?

He asked Risa.

DragonSong

She blinked at him. "Well...I usually go to the city gardens," she murmured after a moment.

Mephistel

-Sounds like a good idea...I never went there myself tough...care to show me the way?-

He asked, looking at her with a smile.

DragonSong

"Oh. Well, sure. Of course." She smiled and slipped down the familiar path through the city streets to a neatly kept park. In the center were the gardens, a rather colorful and trimmed affair with several winding paths twisting through the beds of flowers and around the trees, occasionally dotted with stone benches or small chairs.

It was a quiet place, no one was really around.

Mephistel

Crow followed Risa, as they walked trough town and eventually reach the gardens in the park, he looked around. It did lack the variety of his own gardens, but it sure felt different, he went and sat on one of the stone bench and took a deep breath, sighing slightly.

-I didn't knew there were place like this here...-

He said softly, looking around, at their peaceful surroundings.

DragonSong

Risa smiled and took a seat on the bench. "A lot of people don't really know this place is here. That's why I like it- it's quiet."

Mephistel

-Yeah...very quiet...-

He said, listening to the silence. It was calm and it was relaxing, something he rarely enjoyed, but right now, he couldn't think about his research at all, he couldn't think about his garden, his summoning circle or his incantations, his mind was wrapped around another problem.

-...You know...I might not be around for long...-

He said softly, his gaze still fixed into the distance.

DragonSong

She glanced at him sidelong. "Because...one of those girls, last night... You're getting married?" Risa guessed slowly.

Mephistel

-Yeah...-

He said, his eyes still fixed upon the blue sky as the wind was softly flowing trough his black hair. He looked as if the world had swallowed him and his very soul, somewhat empty and sad.

DragonSong

"You don't seem happy about it," Risa murmured. "Aren't weddings usually...something to celebrate?"

Mephistel

His head drop as his eyes looked at the ground.

-I suppose they are...-

He said.

-But I don't want to get married...not wit her...-

He added, shaking his head slowly.

DragonSong

Risa drew her knees up to her chest and rested her chin on them, rather childlike. "Which one?" she asked softly.

Mephistel

He paused for a moment, thinking.

-I don't know...I suppose...I'm looking for someone who can understand me...someone that won't stop me from doing what I like...-

He said slowly. It seemed like he didn't had anyone he really liked at the bal.

-They were all so pretentious...boasting about their fine lineage and riches...how they were so well educated and fine women...-

He frowned, as if the memory was leaving a bad aftertaste in his mouth.

DragonSong

"Then...did your parents picks someone?" Risa tilted her head. "Can't you just- tell them no?"

Mephistel

-If I could, I would already have...believe me..-

He said slowly. He then seemed lost in thoughts for a long while. It was a good thing nobody was around to disturb them. Only the wind was brushing against their skin.

-I think...I'll just leave the city...-