Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The bird and the jewel maker (Dragonsong)

Started by Mephistel, April 08, 2016, 03:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

He laughed a little.

-Probably not...but I'll still do it...-

He said. He sounded a little more confident about it.

-I'm sorry Risa...I suppose, there will be no more work for you...I doubt you'd want to follow me...-

DragonSong

"Wait, I-"

Risa started to speak, then bit her lip. "I...I don't know," she mumbled after a moment. "I was learning so much with you. I can't..."

She looked up at him, sighed, and dropped her eyes. "I can't ask you to stay. Not if it would make you unhappy."

Mephistel

-I'm sorry about that...-

He said, a bit sadly.

-Tough...if you do wish to come, you are welcome to do so...I'll probably be leaving in a week or so...that'll give you time to think about it...-

He said softly.

DragonSong

"A week..." Risa bit her lip. "Would- would we ever come back? If I left with you?" Could she just leave her family?

Mephistel

-I can promise we'd come back every month...but, yes, I'd probably have to come back around from time to time...-

He said, looking at her.

DragonSong

"When...when would you leave?" she asked quietly. Did she have time to think it over?

Mephistel

-As I said...probably a week or so...you have the time to think about it...-

He said softly.

-Think it over...but I'll be making my preparations at the manor so...you don't need to come...-

He added, looking at her.

DragonSong

"Alright..." Risa nodded slowly and stood. "I think, um- I'm going to go home for today. I think I should talk to my family."

She reached out to touch his shoulder, then hesitated and drew her hand back. "If- if you need anything, you know where to find me."

Mephistel

Crow lift his head toward her, then nodded.

-Right...I suppose you should...thanks again...be careful on your way home...-

He said. He would probably need to get back to the manor as well, he got up.

-Well...see you later...-

He then started to walk away as well, his head fill with things he needed to be done.

DragonSong

"Um, good-bye then." She hesitated a moment, then added, "I'll see you tomorrow, Master Crow."

Mephistel

He turned his gaze upon her for a moment, a slight smile appearing on his face as he waved back at her and left the garden, his head fill with thoughts as he went back toward the manor.

DragonSong

Risa waved goodbye, then hesitated a few moments before turning and making her way home. She was rather quiet for the remainder of the evening, helping out around the house and shop, but it was clear her mind was elsewhere.

Mephistel

Crow went back home, locking himself up in his room and not letting anyone enter, even refusing to speak with his sister which came to see if he was alright. None of them could get a word with him and he even refused to eat diner.

Lost in his thoughts and what he would be doing from now on.

DragonSong

Risa woke early and made her way back to the manor in the same sort of daze that seemed to have overcome her the day before, nodding to the guards before she slipped inside and worked her way through the halls to the lab almost on muscle memories.

Mephistel

When Risa arrived at the lab, she would find Crow putting things away in boxes, and small bags, a large magical circle was set in the middle of the room and the young man was putting things in it, as soon as they touched it, they disapeared, as if they were transported somewhere else.

-Oh...good morning Risa...-

He said, putting another pile of books into the circle, and like the others, disapeared.

DragonSong

She opened her mouth to ask a question, eyes rather wide, then decided against it.
Instead, she simply nodded and moved up beside him with a quiet, "Good morning, milord." She glanced around. "What can I do?"

Mephistel

-Oh..hmm, well, as you can see...I'm packing...but if you want to help, those bottles over there need to be put in boxes...then you can send it into the circle...-

He said, while walking back to the shelves he was emptying.

-Did...you sleep well?

DragonSong

Risa started helping him pack quickly. "I, ah- yeah. Ahem, yes, I did." She glanced over at him. "You?"

Mephistel

-Ah...uh well, more or less...I have to admit...this is a bit, extreme on my part...I'll probably hear about it soon too...-

He said, shaking his head slowly as he packed some others items, throwing them into a bag and then throwing the bag into the circle, it passed right trough, like all the rest of his belongings before.

-I...hmm...I doubt you had any time to...think about it huh...?-

He asked, slowly, as if scared of stepping on a land mine.

DragonSong

Risa kept her eyes down as she worked. "I did, actually," she murmured after a few moments. "I-" She cut off and bit her lip, brow furrowing.