Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The bird and the jewel maker (Dragonsong)

Started by Mephistel, April 08, 2016, 03:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

Crow turned his head toward her, stopping whatever he was doing at the moment and waited.

-You know...I'm not leaving before the end of the week, if youre still uncertain, there is no rush...-

He said softly and smiling at her.

DragonSong

She let out a quiet breath. "Yessir," she murmured. "I'm sorry, I just- I really do need to think about this."

Mephistel

-Of course and I understand, that this is not an easy request I am making of you...also, if you would not talk of it to other members of my family...they believe I'm getting rid of stuff and finally start living a ''normal'' life...-

He said to her, winking.

DragonSong

She smiled at him, that little golden glint coming in to her eyes. "Yessir." Her expression softened and she added, "I know it's not an easy request, but I'm- I'm sort of glad you made it. I'm...grateful for the opportunity to keep learning."

Mephistel

-And I'd be more then happy to keep teaching you...as I said, I hate to see great potential go to waste!-

He smiled softly. He kept packing for a moment and eventually went and sat down, pouring himself a cup of tea he heated with a magical circle.

-Do you want some?-

He asked her, holding a cup up toward her.

DragonSong

"Oh, sure." She moved forward to take the cup and sipped at it. "Thanks." Her eyes were sort of far away, as though she wasn't altogether focused.

Mephistel

Crow sipped at his tea, then looked outside, it was sunny and the birds could be heard chirping. Now that the room was almost empty, it felt a lot wider then before...and somewhat, it felt sad. He didn't say a word, silence was apparently needed right now as they both seemed to be lost in thoughts.

DragonSong

Risa was content so sit there and nurse her tea, attention apparently fixed in the pattern of the carpet below her feet. She started absently tracing her toe over a series of swirling lines, sort of humming to herself.

Mephistel

It was a moment of silence, of deep thoughts, both were calm and their mind set on different things, but it was nontheless, a relaxing time. After all the turmoil, it seemed like it was well deserved.

Crow took another sip and sighed softly, he would miss his lab, that was for sure, but he certainly could get one somewhere else, perhaps not as cosy as this one...and he'll probably need to cook for himself, which was in itself pretty scary.

He frowned at the thought.

DragonSong

Risa glanced up and saw his expression. "Is something the matter, milord?"

Mephistel

He looked at her.

-Oh..well...-

He blushed a little.

-I was just thinking...I'll have to cook...and I'm hopeless at it ha ha...-

He said, scratching the back of his head. It was still a miracle he manage to do some tea, well, it was the only thing he could make well.

DragonSong

Risa smiled. "That's alright." She took a breath, then continued firmly, "I'm a good cook, I can take care of the food."

Mephistel

He looked at her, opening wide eyes.

-Then...does this mean...you accept to come with me?-

If it was it, it made him feel happy, somehow, he wasn't sure where that feeling came from, but he was glad all the same.

-Thank you Risa!-

He said, with a soft yet brighter smile then usual.

DragonSong

She nodded once, determined. "Yes. I'll come." She wasn't ready to give up the chance to learn more about her magic.

Her expression softened into a smile and she nodded at him again. "You don't have to thank me, milord."

Mephistel

He laughed a little, then nodded as well. He then put down his cup of tea, which was now empty.

-I still have a lot to pack, perhaps you should think about what you will bring with you as well.-

He said, tilting his head slightly.

DragonSong

"Yes." She stood and gave a polite nod. "If I have your leave, I'll return home and pack a bit."

Mephistel

He nodded to her.

-Sure, please do...When I'm ready to leave, I'll come and fetch you...so to not raise too much suspicion from my family ok...-

He said with a kind smile.

DragonSong

She nodded again. "Yessir."

Risa hesitated a moment, then darted forward and gave him a quick, spontaneous hug around the neck, mumbling, "Thanks," before she scurried to the door and slipped out of the room.

Mephistel

Crow was a bit surprised by the hug but didn't really mind it as he watch her leave the room. He then looked at his lab then sighed a little. He would miss this place, and kept working on his stuff. He would have to take all the plants from the garden and mash them into powder, that promised to be long, he had better start soon.

DragonSong

Risa was quiet again as she made her way home, making up some excuse about an extra day off for her family before scurrying I her room to being packing.