Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The bird and the jewel maker (Dragonsong)

Started by Mephistel, April 08, 2016, 03:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

It took him the whole week to finally be done with the packing, not even once had he seen his fiancee coming to the household. Not that it bothered him much. But in the end, he had finally manage to finish everything up and all was packed and ready to leave, in that magical circle he could simply cast to have access to all his stuff.

As he looked back at the now empty room, he sighed slightly, he would miss the view on the gardens, the breeze at night and all those times working here, from dusk to dawn...

There was no need to alert his family, he put on his usual clothes, then headed out, with a backpack on his shoulder and made his way trough the city, remembering where Risa was leaving and reaching the small store once more, he entered the shop.

DragonSong

Risa was working the shop with Kenai when Crow entered. "Oh."

It must be time to leave.

She glanced at her brother and bit her lip. She hadn't told her parents of her plans to leave, but she had told Kenai. His eyes flicked to Crow, then to his sister.

He smiled and wrapped an arm around her, leaning in to kiss her cheek. "Go on, hurry. I can cover for a few hours. Just- come back and visit, alright?"

She nodded and pecked his cheek in return. "I will, promise. Love you." She bent and retrieved a traveling pack from under the counter- stashed for just this reason- then slipped around and moved to meet Crow.

Mephistel

Entering the shop, he saw Risa and her brother, he waved at them, he wondered where her parents were, he would have want to have a word with them, making sure they wouldn't worry too much.

-Ah, I see you are already ready...we will be taking a ship later today so, if you want to say your good byes, you have the time...-

He said, smiling at her.

DragonSong

Risa swallowed rather heavily. "Um, no, that's alright.  I've already...said goodbye."

She knew if she told her parents, they wouldn't let her go.

Mephistel

Crow could notice the nervousness in her words, and her attitude, he understood that she was in the same situation as he was.

-I...see...-

He said. He looked around.

-Well, in that case, I suppose we should be on our way then...-

He said, giving a soft smile, then nodding his head toward her brother.

DragonSong

Kenai gave him a hard look, then said after a moment, "You look out for her, or you'll answer to me."

"Kenai!" Risa frowned at him. "Hush, we'll be fine." She gave him another quick kiss on the cheek, then moved toward Crow.

Mephistel

Crow cough a little as he was told off by Kenai again.

-I'll let nothing bad happen to her...promise...-

He said as they finally made their way out of the shop.

-I think your brother got something against me...-

He said, sighing a little.

DragonSong

Risa flushed. "No, he's just- protective. It's not you, really."

Mephistel

-I suppose so...-

He said, but he wasn't so sure about that. In any case, they were on their way now.

-Alright, we only need to head to the port and take the ship from there.-

He said, smiling. The young man didn't look like he had much traveling luggages, but no doubt he still had a lot of stuff hidden here and there.

DragonSong

"Right." She nodded and hefted her pack up onto her shoulder, shooting him a quick, only slightly forced grin. "Lead the way, milord."

Mephistel

They made there way to the port, it took them a good hour on foot to get there, but they made it. Their ship departure wasn't until the night, so they had time to spend in the mean while.

-Hmm...why don't we get into one of the inn to get some food...we can always explore the port after until we can get on the ship..-

He suggested.

DragonSong

Risa shrugged. "Fine by me, sir." She was rather interested to see how the little lordling would react to one of the rather rough inns scattered along the docks.

Mephistel

As they walked along the port, there was many kind of people around, mostly sailors and merchants, ready to make their trades. The name of their ship was  ''The Wonder''. Crow looked around for a while and searched for a inn, eventually finding one out of the many there was.

He went in, it was bustling with people, and not the kindest sort. Crow tried to make his way toward a table that was free and eventually manage to get there, tough he was quickly rough up and push by some taller man.

-Oye...kids should stay home...-

He told the young lord with a grin. The man wasn't alone as a small gang of men was ganging up around.

-Pardon me sir...but I was here first...-

Crow said, looking at the man with his pitch black eyes.

DragonSong

Oh dear. Risa cowered against her companion's side, eyes flicking around warily. "Maybe we should just wait at the docks," she murmured, tugging on Crow's sleeve.

Mephistel

-Why...I can stay here if I want to...-

He said, looking at her. His hands on his hips.

-Oh...perhaps I wasn't clear enough...we are taking this table..so move your ass somewhere else!-

The man gave another push to Crow, which sent him backing up against another of the man, that caught him and pushed him back forward, the young man ended falling over the table with a ''ouf'' and slowly rise up, coughing a little.

-And I don't think you've heard me...-

He said, frowning but a painful expression on his face.

-We were here first...-

He said, standing back up. The man looked at themselves, then started laughing.

-I think he needs a lesson!-

The..''leader'' of the pack said, standing up from a good 6 feet tall.

DragonSong

Risa squeaked and clutched at Crow's arm, trying to tug him toward the door. "It isn't worth it," she whispered. "C'mon, let's just go."

Mephistel

Crow could feel Risa tugging against his clothes, but it was already too late, she was taken away from him as they surrounded him and started hitting him, he answer to them nicely, but their sheer number was too much, in the end, he got dragged out and thrown out of the inn like some rag doll as he hit the floor.

He cough off some blood before lifting his head slowly, one of his eye going black.

-Damn it...*cough*...those...bastards..-

DragonSong

The men seemed to have no care for Risa and she managed to slip out of the inn, quickly hurrying to Crow's side.

"I told you we should have hair left," she murmured, wincing as she laid a hand on his shoulder. "Here, let me take a look at you."

Tags: