Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Prince and The Beast (The minotaur)

Started by Mephistel, April 13, 2016, 06:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

Prince had finish getting back his knives and looked back at the tauren. True, a normal question when seing one walking around normally with an arrow stuck in one's neck. He smiled at Devaux,  the sickening light was gone now.

-Ah...well...that is...-

He coughed some blood, he really needed to get the arrow out. Speaking was harsh, even tough he couldn't feel the pain at all, it wasn't exactly comfortable. He motion for Devaux to wait for a minute before he snapped the head of the arrow, then pulled it out with another spill of blood. In a matter of seconds, the hole left was gone, as if nothing ever happened. Coughing a little more to get rid of the exceeding blood, he turned back to Devaux.

-That is...a long story...you see...I was born with the ability to regenerate myself...-

He took one of his knife and shove it into his chest, as he took off the blade, the hole it made was already healing, leaving nothing, not even a scar.

-And I can't feel pain at all...-

He said with somewhat of a sinister laugh.

The Minotaur

Devaux Heilvander

The Tauren waited patiently, cleaning the last remnants of blood from his weapons while Prince removed the arrow from his neck. It was a bit gruesome, for sure, but Devaux had seen worse and actually seemed to just watch as if this were a normal occurrence for him. Which it definitely wasn't, this was something entirely new.

Regeneration. Watching, now, Devaux wanted this ability, it seemed incredibly useful. It had, obviously, saved the Halfling from death, and from his seemingly familiarity with not being deceased, this wasn't the Prince's first time being mortally wounded but ending up fine. The Tauren wondered what it would take to kill this guy; maybe removing his head? Chopping him to bits?

Removing the thoughts from his mind, he nodded to the man's short explanation. In honesty, Heilvander didn't want to hear this long story nor really cared. The regeneration had been a mild curiosity that had been somewhat soothed. Of course, he still had a few questions.

If Prince had the ability to regenerate from wounds, would his vital organs and the like stay forever healthy? And that question on killing Prince had come back; was it even possible? Somehow, he was able to ask these two things in his brutish speech effectively while beckoning to the small man to continue walking to the village. "What's Prince lifespan? How to kill Prince?"

Mephistel

Prince was covered in blood, he wasn't sure which of the two would scare the villagers the most. The thin young and pale young man bath in blood from head to toe or the giant bull folk armed to the teeth? He wondered about it. But as he tought of it, the tauren asked him a quite curious question.

-Ehhh?...You want to kill me?-

He asked, in a rather surprised tone. He frowned, looking at Devaux, his left hand resting on his hips as has his right was adjusting the diadem he was wearing on his head. How to kill him was a very good question, so far, no matter what the mad man who raised him had tried, he would always regenerate himself. His limbs would grow back, even his head. But he had no intention of telling everything to this one.

-I don't think you'd be able to kill me...tough...you can try if you want...-

He said. He had no idea about his own lifespan, but he would probably eventually discover it. It had been two years since he had stopped growing, he wondered if he would stay like this forever.
Getting butchered and killed, over and over, just how many time did it happened? Too many, and he remembered every last one of them. He jumped back on the tauren shoulder, sitting comfortably.

-C'mon...it's that way!-

He said, looking at him, grinning.

The Minotaur

Devaux Heilvander

Devaux looked at the blood-covered Halfling in confusion. Now, why would the Tauren want to kill the little one? He wondered where Prince could've come up with that one. He was somewhat quick to correct him, though, as it donned on him; it was because of his question. He shook his head a few times, looking at Prince. "No. Curious if Prince can die." He shrugged.

After removing all the blood from his equipment, he sheathed his sword again with a ring, slipping his arm through the straps of his shield. He frowned. He'd lost the map during the battle! It had completely slipped his mind. He looked around, ears twitching in annoyance when he saw it. It was near where he'd first drawn his sword.

He moved towards it, before noticing it seemed a bit smaller than usual. As he stood over it, he figured it out: the map had been torn several times. The other pieces were scattered around, but all of them were very dirty and stained from the combat. He sighed, before feeling Prince hop onto his shoulder. Devaux's ability to feel the Halfling's slight weight only indicated that he was getting quite tired.

He nodded to Prince, before walking off towards the specified direction. Most of this time, he was silent; he wasn't deep in though, either, only.... Walking. His focus was absolute, he meant to get to this village, and quickly.

Devaux's determination payed off, and pretty swiftly, as well. Hear was able to smell the village before seeing it, and stopped only when he saw the first building, far in the distance. He grunted. "Who goes?"

[OOC: Ya can do a bit of godmodding here if you want, Mephi. ^.^ Have Devaux wait, or go, maybe say a few words, etc. Not too much, but you can if you want/need.]

Mephistel

Prince smiled as they walked. They followed the path along the road. The young man had scavenged whatever he could find on the bandits corpse. he had found a few coins and some cheap jewels. He would eventually put them to good use.

As they finally reached the village, Prince could see the first buildings, and was asked the question. He seemed to think for a moment.

-I'll go, you wait for me not too far so I can call you out once I warn the villagers.-

He said. He jumped off the tauren's shoulder and started walking toward the village. As he approach, the man at the village's gate looked at him as if he had seen a ghost. The bloodied young man looked quite well, with a huge smile on his face.

-Greeting sir! Me and my friends would like to stay the night in your village, see, we were just attacked by some bandits and are quite...hungry and tired!-

He said, all jolly. The man was certainly creeped out as he took a few steps back. Prince kept advancing as Devaux was waiting further away. Looking at the man in fright, made Prince happy, but he kept that tought for later and looked sadened.

-Won't you be helping me? I'm hurt, and I've been walking in these woods for days!-

The man eventually stopped and looked at him.

-And...where is your friend?-
-Just back there, but I have to warn you, he is a bit scary...really tall guy...bull face and all, but he is nice, he won't cause trouble promise!-

He said, his hands behind his back, fingers crossed with a grin.

-Thanks to him, I'm still alive!-

Prince said, putting emphasis on each words. The man wasn't so sure, but the boy was covered in blood, his own or not, if he was wounded, he couldn't just leave them there.

-Fine...you can come in...but don't cause trouble...-
-So kind of you sir!-

Prince went back to Devaux and they went back into the village. People would look at them surprised, some scared as they made their way to the inn.

The Minotaur

Devaux Heilvander

The Tauren just hung around while he waited, sitting on the floor and drawing idly into the ground. They were mostly just aimless strokes and swirls, his long finger easily digging into the ground. After a time, he started humming a childhood song, though it was more a series of fluctuating rumbles than anything resonating from his robust chest, his voice was so deep.

In the distance, he saw Prince at the gates. They seemed to talk for not that long, the Halfling and the guard. Devaux barely concerned himself with that, though. He was attempting to observe what he could about the village. He wondered how ready they were for bands of bandits not unlike those they'd encountered on their journey.

He grunted when Prince came back. He was quite ghastly, covered in blood and all. They made their way back to the village, where the Tauren noticed many different looks, ranging from fright to surprise to awe. He paid them little heed; he was too hungry for such, and it was apparent when his nose immediately started sniffing the air once he caught smell of cooking.

As they entered the inn, the Taur had to duck to squeeze through, and even then, he had to take a few minutes to unstrap most of his armor and put it in before him, until he was only wearing his extremly baggy yet light pants. He moved towards a relatively empty corner, easily moving a few chairs and tables so that he could seat himself on the ground, all of his equipment set next to his form. He was used to the larger buildings and larger furniture of Tauren settlements, which was apparent when he accidentally broke a chair or something. He wasn't quite sure what it was.

He was about to call over one of the staring waiters when a male burst into the inn, sweating heavily and looking frightened. Devaux immediately recognized him as the archer bandit who'd run, and the bandit immediately recognized Devaux, who'd already grabbed his sword and snorted angrily.

Mephistel

Entering the inn first, the small man looked as if he just had the worst day of his life. Well, for most people, an arrow in the throat was probably near that. His favorite shirt was bloodied, his jewelry would need to be clean up and he would probably need to do his nails soon. The people inside looked at him as if he was a ghost. But their awe just became larger as he was followed by the tauren.

Prince moved a little to the side to let him pass and eventually settled himself not too far from the large beast. The waiters weren't sure they wanted to get close to them, what if they were dangerous, well, they were right in some sense. Prince had that habit of switching mood quite easily and not in a good way.

Tattering his clothes, he sighed, there was no way the blood could be washed out from this one. As he was about to go on about how his day had been miserable, the remaining and last of his clan bandit made an appearance. As he came in, each had recognize each other.

The archer looked at them both with even more of a frightened face and pointed at Prince.

-YOU SHOULD BE DEAD!!! I KILLED YOU!!! I SHOT YOU IN THE THROAT!-

He cried, as he took a few steps back. Prince stood up on the table, taking a dramatic pose while pointing at the bandit an accusing finger.

-AHHH!! THAT'S THE BANDIT WHO KILLED ME!!!-

He shouted. As the words were soon to be understood, more or less, panic started running inside the inn. Some were shouting that Prince was a ghost, other ran out of fear from the bandit. The more clever would ran because the giant bull had taken his sword in hand. The bandit stepped back and ran back outside, screaming.