Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Once Upon A Dream

Started by DragonSong, May 13, 2016, 04:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Mahan blinked,obviously not understanding all of that. "Marry?" she questioned, tilting her head to the side.

Draconian

Cadreinth winced and just waved his hand,  "Nevermind, woman." He sighed, eyes closed and pressed his hand to his face, "Where is your child? I'm going to go find her, okay? Okay."

DragonSong

"Oh- no, sir." Mahan grabbed his arm and a few of the gathered villagers murmured. "Nani be back soon, please-"

"What's all this then?"

Nani seemed to suddenly reappear, an older woman with a noticable lack of wings accompanying her. Her Common was barely accented at all, and she quirked an eyebrow at the foreigner as her own people all rushed to talk over each other.

Draconian

Cadreinth froze.

Well that was a regal voice. He had no idea who it was but he turned around slowly, pushing his opal hair from his eyes and blinking at the woman. A sigh and he shook his head, "I have no idea and I would really like some answers."

DragonSong

Miana rolled her eyes and said sharply, "Give him some space, all of you. Don't you have things to do?"

The villagers dispersed, grumbling, and Nani lowered her head slightly, looking a little sheepish. Miana huffed and folded her arms.

"Welcome, stranger. Forgive our family- not many of them have met a foreigner. They are curious about you." She spoke slowly, but not nearly as haltingly as Nani or her mother. Tilting her head, she gestured to one of the huts behind her. "Would you like to come in? We can talk."

Draconian

He didn't want to go in.

But he did want to talk.

Cadreinth sighed and nodded, looking exasperated and irritated and annoyed. It had been interesting before, now it was just troublesome. "Yes, please. Explain exactly what's going on here," He moved in, arms folded across his chest and waited.

DragonSong

Miana and Nani followed after him, the younger woman shutting the door behind her and leaning back against it, hands clasped in front of her body.

"Well." The shaman sighed and creakily seated herself on the floor, legs crossed. She looked up at Cadreinth. "What did Nani tell you?"

Draconian

Frustrated and irritated now he threw his arms in the air. "Nothing!" Maybe she had but he couldn't remember. "I'd like some answers od what exactly is going on here!"

DragonSong

Nani flinched and shrank back a bit, suddenly and uncharacteristicay contrite.

Miami sighed, rubbing at her temple. "Please, sir, she doesn't know any better. She is..." Sje looked to Nani, then back to Cadreinth. "Special. She has...what's the word? Powers. Abilities unlike any shaman I've known."

Another sigh. "And it seems those abilities have drawn her to you."

Draconian

He breathed in through his teeth.

"Look, ma'am. I do not care if she is special,"  Cadreinth was at his wits end. These people were just avoiding the real answer and that was all he wanted. "I want to know what I have to do with this."

DragonSong

Miana scowled at him. This foreigner was being very rude, it seemed to her. She opened her mouth, but Nani murmured something in Yoreiqi under her breath and the wise woman paused.

"I do not know what mainlanders call it," she said eventually, "but Huanani is a...guardian. A Protector. And she has a very special charge, someone who it meant to wrought great changes in the world."

She didn't know the word for "power", but she knew "wrought".

Nani came forward warily. "You," she said softly, looking at Cadreinth as though afraid he might shout at her. "I...am for you."

Draconian

Cadreinth winced, seeing the look the girl was giving him.

Then winced still. Wrought great changes in the world.

"Uuuuh..." He pressed his palms to his face and suppressed a heavy sigh, Cadreinth wasn't even sure what to do with this information. "I'm going back to Serendipity in a few days," He started, "That's where I live." He looked at her, his golden-green eyes clear and looking a little concerned towards Nani, "Are you aware of that? Do you plan on coming with me? Serendipity is very far away."

DragonSong

Nani suddenly seemed very determined, shoulders straight and head held high.

"I know." She nodded once. "I will...go with you. I have to."

Draconian

Greeeeat.

Cadreinth sighed, letting his head fall forward after a moment.

"Fine," He looked at Nani and held out a hand intending for her to shake it, "Now... What exactly does being a guardian imply? Like... A personal guard? Or will she just be... Around?"

DragonSong

Not used to the gesture, Nani stared at his hand while Miana shrugged and replied, "Yes, for both, I suppose. She will protect your body, and soul as well. She is meant to keep you safe, and ready for your destiny."

Slowly, Nani took the man's hand and raised it to her chest, pressing his palm over her heartbeat. She moved closer to return the gesture, splaying her hand against his chest as she looked at him, eyes calm and determined.

Draconian

Cadreinth was alarmed when she pulled his hand to her.

Did... Did she know what a handshake was?

He opened his mouth to protest but... Oh good, it wasn't right on her breast.  Visibly he relaxed and let her move her hand to his chest. It was alarming how in sync the heartbeats were and he chalked it up to coincidence. What was he going to do? What was he going to tell his daughter? Cadreinth sighed, kept his hand over Nani's heart before he tipped his head down.

"Welcome to the family then, I guess," He said softly, looking at his hand over her heartbeat and then to her face. What an interesting situation. "We're leaving in a week," He stated simply, "I'll be returning to the ship. I'll see you there after you've said your... Goodbyes? And if you aren't there..." He shrugged like it was not a big deal, "We'll be leaving without you."

DragonSong

The Yoreiqi girl nodded once, determined, then smiled at him and murmured something in her native tongue. Miana smiled a bit and translated, "She says she looks forward to...serving, I suppose is the word. Serving at your side."

Draconian

A little shake of his head.

"I can't imagine why," Still a little confused, Cadreinth sighed and pushed a hand through his hair, "I'm just... In politics. There are no great destinies waiting for me."

DragonSong

Miana shrugged as her apprentice frowned at the new word- "politics". "I do not pretend to understand all mysteries. I simply relay them."

She put a hand a on Nani's shoulder and murmured to her, then said to Cadrienth, "She will be ready to leave."

Draconian

Cadreinth nodded solemnly.

"Has she... Ever been away from here before?" He asked hesitantly, not really sure how he'd deal with... A giant Yoreiqi woman who probably had the curiosity of a child. Sort of still looked like a child. Did he just accidentally adopt a second daughter? "Does she know anything about what she has to do? Or... Worried about where she's going?"