Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Out of the Woods

Started by DragonSong, June 07, 2016, 06:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

She jumped at the sound of her name and glanced up, wide eyed. "I-I-I... I-I..."

She was too nervous. She couldn't get any words out.

Lion

"Stop it!" Ki'adan growled at the woman across from him.  "She's a fucking orphan with nowhere to go, And nobody gonna miss this girl if she's gone. But someone tried to fucking kill us, so if you're going to be a fucking bent nail, I might just have to do something to straighten you out."

Onjage tilted her head at him. "Did you just threaten me?"

"If you have to question it, you're obviously unsure. Fucking hell," Ki'adan growled, irritated even more.  He stood up and gestured for the girl beside him. "Let's go."

"Wait!" Onjage muttered. "This pendant...belongs to the Belasurian Clan. Not sure what the girl means to them, but you're not well-liked.  I can attest to that. Maybe she's just collateral damage, fuck if I care."

"Where can I find 'em? They gotta have a base nearby."

"Do they?  Who's to say. Folks like that don't tend to leave survivors. Except you two it seems. I'm not much for wanting to get involved in the affairs of other players. So let's leave this conversation at that. Go to the Red Room Inn, you'll find your usual set up there. Maybe something a little extra too."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

Dusk had no idea what to do. She started to rise when Ki'adan gestured for her, then hesitated as the woman started speaking again.

Her eyes were still wide, flicking back and forth between the two of them. "S-so...what are we g-g-going to d-do?" she murmured, hoping only Ki'adan could hear her as she pressed a little closer to his side.

Lion

"Let's go, Dusk. We have to make a visit," Ki'adan said carefully. He avoided the door man, and walked back to the entrance.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

She nodded slowly and hurried after him, sticking so close she was in constant danger of smacking into his back.

Lion

Once they were outside, Ki'adan cursed silently and walked off a few feet. "Sorry about that," he muttered, waving his hand. "Sometimes she's a real bitch.  And maybe she's not going to be happy to see me again. If there is an 'again'."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"I-it's okay." Dusk shook her head. "It's n-not like that w-was you f-f-f-fault. D-don't apologize."

Lion

"I must because you nearly died back there. In fact careless actions like that could easily end your life, Dusk. You must know that," Ki'adan chided.  He was irritated mostly with himself, but made due with the fact that least they had a lead.  "Come on, let's go to the Red Room Inn, see what's there."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"I-okay." Dusk dropped her eyes, feeling guilty. "I'm s-sorry. I d-didn't mean to cause t-trouble..."

Lion

"Stop. That. What you're doing. Why do you feel the need to apologize for everything? Tell me exactly what is your fault."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"I-" She paused, cheeks red, and ducked her eyes. "I-I don't... I j-just feel bad," she mumbled.

No one has ever forced her to defend her apologetic nature before; she wasn't sure she could.

Lion

"Why?' he murmured. He wasn't trying to be accusatory, yet he couldn't deny that such behavior nearly got her killed. "Why do you feel sorrow with no need for it?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Dusk shook her head. "I just...do. I'm so-"

She cut herself off, cheeks flushing scarlet.

Lion

"Them. Let us move on then," Ki'adan muttered and put an arm around her as he led them out of the alley.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Dusk started, then leaned into him a bit as he put his arm around her. "We sh-should go back to the stable," she murmured.

Lion

"In good time. For now I think we deserve a proper meal and something to drink. The horse will be fine," he said.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Lion

"You're a scamp you know that," he sighed and ruffled fingers through her hair. It wasn't like him to be this forgiving, but having her spilling out over herself in tears wasn't exactly going to solve any problems here.

So when they found their way to the Red Room Inn, Ki'adan entered in carefully, the crowd inside enjoying themselves with wine, food, and music.  For the moment, they were right at home.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Dusk's blush only worsened wen he ran his fingers though her hair, but she was still smiling a bit as she trailed along with him to the inn.

The noise and crowds inside immediately made her flinch into his side a bit, eyes wide as she looked around curiously. "S-so...should we g-get a table?"

Lion

"Yes. Find one you like and sit at it," Ki'adan said and shoved her gently in the right direction. Getting food after their ordeal was the easy part. It wasn't much but stew with bread and cold drinks were just what even he needed to get him by.

He set the meals down before Dusk and he took his place in the empty chair. "I guess it could have been gruel.  Smells a lot like broccoli.  You like broccoli don't you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn