Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Out of the Woods

Started by DragonSong, June 07, 2016, 06:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

She froze when he started talking- she hadn't realized he was still awake. Blushing furiously, she muttered, "S-sorry."

With a soft huff she did as he said, forcing her arms to her side and staring up at the ceiling. "Um...boards? And sh-shadow, mostly."

Lion

"Okay, good. That's a start. Okay, so shadows up against the ceiling," Ki'adan murmured. "I see little shapes in the wood, warping where it would otherwise be flat and polished and waxed."  He scooted closer to her, moving only enough to shift the blanket he'd been laying on so that he could cover her with it. He still stayed on top of the blanket and pointed up to a weird set of dots on the shadows.

"Now pretend the little shadows are stars, and we're under the night sky," he murmured, feeling himself growing tired from talking so much. "What stars do you see? It seems like a moonless night to me."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

"Ah..." She glanced at him sidelong, then cautiously shuffled a little closer spmthe blanket covered her body better. "I see...the archer?"

She pointed and let her head tilt slightly to the side. "He's in the western sky, during winter. There's the bow, and that's his head, chest, feet..."

Lion

"That's good, yeah," he murmured. He tilted himself so that h could better hear her. "And what does the archers do? It's been a while since I've slept under the stars."

He only flicked his gaze toward her and he followed where she pointed. "I think I see the Tower over there, standing tall and proud."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

"He's hunting the Great Stag." She pointed to where the constellation would be, were they actually looking at the sky. "But he has to fight the Wolf for him."

She glanced where he pointed. "Does the Tower have a story?"

Lion

"Oh yeah. I think I remember my father telling me that story," he murmured. His eyes could envision where the star sign would be and he pressed his head further into the pillow.

"The Tower or also known as the Lord's Tower, is a fortress. It stands as a beacon for people seeking the great treasure's inside. But it is also an impenetrable defense. Often representing something you cannot have. The only way you can get it is if you find the key. All allegory, I guess, but a nice story," he murmured. "I think I like the Hunter much better."

He chuckled and looked over to her. "Feeling tired yet?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

She smiled a bit and hummed quietly as she listened to him. "Keys..." She sighed and blinked. For some reason it was harder to open her eyes than to close them.

"Mhm. A little." She smiled slightly and let herself relax into the bed a bit more. "I really am sorry I woke you, before..."

Lion

"That's okay," Ki'adan murmured. He surprised himself. Being able to forgive wasn't an easy thing. Not for him. But a small thing like sleep was passable.

"You can close your eyes now if you're feeling tired," he said softly. "I am sorry if I made you nervous. It wasn't my intention."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

A small, rather bitter chuckle bubbled out of her at that. "It's not you. I'm always nervous." Dusk blinked, rather surprised that the words had actually come out of her mouth.

She blushed and quickly curled onto her side, squeezing her eyes shut. "Anyway. Sorry. G-G'night..."

Lion

Ki'adan woke up with a groan, groggy and he rolled onto his side, nearly squashing Dusk. "OH. Sorry. Didn't see you there," he mumbled sleepily.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Dual jerked awake and squeaked, trying to scramble out from under him but not really left with anywhere to go. "U-um- its fine..." she mumbled, scooting to the side of the bed to try to give him more room.

Lion

Ki'adan rolled back and scooted so that she had more room. In fact when she tried to pull away, his arm shot out and pulled her back toward the middle. "Why are you giving ground? There's plenty of room for the both of us," he chuckled. He let her go and turned onto his belly, looking at her with tired eyes. "Dusk, I'm not here to hurt you. We've still got a long way of figuring out who the hell tried to have us killed yeah? So relax a little, we're in this together."

For the time being anyway.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"I-I know..." She blinked at him, multicolored eyes wide, but still tired. "I'm s-sorry. I'll try to...be better at th-this."

With a quiet sigh, she rolled onto her side and curled up, almost childlike. "You should g-g-get some more sleep, Ki."

Lion

"You're fine. In fact, I think you should get some sleep. I'll get us some grub okay," he sighed, and pushed himself up from the bed. Ki'adan readjusted his wrinkled clothing. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "I'll see you in a few. Don't go anywhere."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Dusk tried for a small smile. "I'll do my best," she murmured, quiet but playful. "N-never know, though...maybe I'll be spirited away while you're g-gone."

She sat up a bit to watch him go, feeling suddenly awkward with the whole bed to herself.

Tags: