Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A traveller arrives...

Started by Anonymous, January 11, 2006, 11:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Jarrus pushed open the heavy tavern door and strode inside. It was still early in the day, but nevertheless a few travellers and pub-goers had gathered to enjoy some conversation, food, and, of course, the drinks. Jarrus glared at them as though they were the cause of his recent problems and stalked over to the bar, removing his coat along the way.

setting down several coins on the rough bartop, Jarrus called for a drink, which was quickly delivered.. As Jarrus turned to go find a secluded table, he was interupted halfway through a sip from his stein by the bored looking bartender.

"Sir, I understand you've most likely just arrived here, but we have a few rules at this establishment. We humbly ask that no unsheathed weapons are brought into the tavern."

Jarrus looked down to his side, where 3 feet of naked steel hung from his belt.

"I'm afraid I don't have a sheath, friend," he said, taking another sip and grimacing slightly, " and the last of my money has just been spent on this rather disappointing ale."

The bartender shrugged, still wearing a look of complete boredom.
"Then I must ask you to surrender you weapon to me for the time you stay here. It's nothing meant to insult your character, sir, but some people may view it as a threat."

Jarrus thought for a moment. On the one hand he didn't like giving away his sword- even for a short time. It was one of his only possessions, and he felt nearly defenceless without it. On the other hand, it had been a long enough day already, and he would rather make his plans in a cool tavern than out in the noisy city streets.

Grudgingly, Jarrus drew his sword out of his belt and handed it to the bartender. He quickly retreated to a dark corner table, reassuring himself that at least he still had the twin daggers concealed in his shirt sleeve and boot if any conflicts arose. Not that he expected any, but if never hurt to be prepared.

Downing some more ale, Jarrus pondered his next move. It wasn't likely the idiot captain of the ship that brought him here would want to risk a return journey. The fool didn't even know how they got here in the first place. Jarrus mentally slapped himself for deciding to book passage on a ship. Now there was no going back. Not that there was any good reason too... not with an enemy like his.

Jarrus settled back and tried to think of a way to use the situation to his advantage. Perhaps it was luck he was here after all. If even he didn't know where he was, it would be hard for his enemy to discover him. In the meantime, he should find a job- something to keep him occupied. Certainly someone in this godsforsaken land would have need of a sword for hire? Jarrus relaxed, maybe it wouldn't be so bad here after all. After the last few months it would feel good to let loose a little. Jarrus finished his ale, determined to make the best of the strange twist of fate which had led him here.

Anonymous

He wouldn't be picky, he'd determined. Any port in a storm, as the saying went, and this was the only port he'd encountered thus far. For travel it would be ideal, but for accomodations... Feh.

Solari Runeseeker treaded foot through the town's landscape, surveying the nice homes and humble shops that littered the plaza. It was all so pleasant, so welcoming... And he couldn't give less of a damn. Suppressing a "humph!" he stepped forward to the first building in the plaza, which, as it turned out, was a tavern. Such places were beneath his notice, but for the time being, Sol couldn't deny the allure of a cool drink. So, he walked ahead to the bar, rustling around inside his vest and drawing a few bills to the table.

"Whatever I can get for that," he grunted, pulling up a barstool and sitting himself down. "Just for that," the bartender said, "I can offer you a glass of milk, kid. You don't look like you're ready for the tough--" "I didn't ask for any speculation," Sol retorted. "I just asked for a drink, SIR. Perhaps you'd be best fitted for giving me my dues, or...?" The thought was left to the bartender to ponder, and upon further thought, he shrugged, and readied a glass and ale. Better.

The young manipulator gripped the tender glass with aching digits, fingers that screamed for action, for some thrill or excitement, but would find none. For the moment, he contented himself with a sip of the ale, cool, and certainly refreshing to his palatte. He gave a soft cough as he finished, his alcohol tolerance not yet catching up to his boasts. "You sure you're...?"

"Shut it," growled Sol to the bartender, suppressing a second cough. "I didn't ask for a lecture, either."

"But?"

"... It better be fresh Moo Cow Fuck Milk, or you're dead."

"Roger," the bartender said jovially, as he switched the ale for white cow's milk, fresh as could be. With another cough, and with a glare to either side of where ridicule awaited, Sol cautiously sipped and glugged down a swift helping of the liquid. He placed the container gently onto the bar, and turned to see a friendly establishment, where you could almost bring your kids.

What the fuck kind of tavern was that, anyway? Giyarie shifted uncomfortably on Sol's back, rustling in its scabbard sharply, as if it agreed with the approximation.

(( I hope you don't mind me butting in, ZenMasterWalrus. I just figured I'd kick in the action a little. Do as you like. ))

Anonymous

((Damn. Beat me to it.))

A heavy storm had started to build up while they sat there in the tavern. The doors slammed open and a cloaked and hooded figure entered from the store. The figure reached a gloved hand to its hood and pushed it back. By doing this she revealed beautiful features framed by waves of golden hair. She headed towards a seat and removed her cloak and hung it over her seat. The cloak dripped water to the floor as she took her seat. Shedding the cloak revealed that she was dressed simply in formfitting leathers that conformed to her very feminine figure. Nobody was stupid enough to approach her, both because she moved with the effortless grace of a seasoned warrior, and the fact that her piercing blue eyes revealed the fact that she was well familiar with the blades hanging at each of her very curvaceous hips.

She tossed a gold coin onto the table. “Whatever elven spirits you stock here.� She told the bartender in a melodic voice. Her slender form belayed how though she was. She started to prove this when the bartender came with a glass of fine elven wine. She downed the potent spirits with ease. It’s floral taste hide the fact that it had a kick like a fierce warhorse. She keep an open ear to all the others at the bar. She was in need of work and she knew from experience that you could find plenty of work in taverns.

Anonymous

((I don't mind people joining at all! The more the merrier! This is my first IC thread, so I'm just trying to find out more about the setting and give Jarrus some direction))

As it grew later in the day more customers began to trickle into the tavern, though the storm would probably keep most bar-goers at home. Most of the newcomers were the typical riff-raff, but the boy with the sword had made Jarrus grin, and the woman made him slightly uneasy. She looked dangerous and out of place.

Jarrus had sat in thought for quite a while, and was growing restless. Though it was clear he wouldn't be travelling far tonight, he had nowhere to stay, and he would very much prefer having a job right now to sleeping in the rain. He had no money for a room.

Finally Jarrus decided that his only course of action was to ask the bartender where to seek a potential employer. The man was unpleasant, but those in his profession had a reputation for knowing things. Jarrus stood and stretched, heading for the bar once more. He sat down next to the boy, giving him a quick nod of recognition as he did so.

"Excuse me," he called to the bartender, "I wondered if I might ask you a question."

The bartender looked up from where he was cleaning out some glasses. "Well, certainly sir, but I can't give any guarantees I'll have your answer. I am only a humble bartender."

"Huh, yes. Quite... As I said earlier, I'm in need of some coin. I simply wondered if you would know of anyone that would be willing to hire me. Perhaps then I could keep my weapon properly covered while visiting your establishment."

Perhaps antagonizing the man wasn't the best course of action. Jarrus was unsure if anyone else would have any useful information. Still, he had touched a nerve, and Jarrus wasn't one to keep his thoughts to himself.

Anonymous

Well, it wasn't fresh-fresh, but it was still Moo Cow Fuck Milk, so... Eh. Solari took a swig of the white stuff as a stranger sat down beside him, a man who had been there since 'ere he arrived. The glance he shot at the boy startled him, though it was a simple acknowledgement. Was he mocking him, or...? It was unsettling. Sol's fingers twitched, ready at a moment's notice to flex to a fist, but the man's words set him more at ease than usual.

It would seem that this fellow, this... strange man, was a mercenary of some sort, much like Solari, himself. The comment about keeping his sword sheathed evoked a stifled chuckle from Sol, as he found it rather humorous that in this 'family friendly' bar, weapons were frowned upon, which made him in a mood to gloat at having kept Giyarie. The idea of teaming up for once was interesting, alluring, but not an option. How could he trust this guy? How could he trust anyone, even himself? Everyone and everything is my enemy, his mantra went. Everything.

Clearing his throat after the chortle, Sol commented, "Oh, so you can't have open weapons in here?" The bartender nodded. "Hah! How great is that? Hah... Still, what kind of backwater do you need to spawn from to not be able to afford a scabbard? Hell, I'm piss-poor broke and I can still afford one. Hah... Beautiful." Sol took a slow sip of his milk, eyeing the stranger warily, as if daring him to do something. Pussy.

Anonymous

((Actually she’s human))

Saleswords. Storm almost spat when she realized what they were .There weapons as well as the fact that they seemed to talk about work with no discernable skills gave it away. She hated saleswords because they were undisciplined and destructive. However this could come into use for her. There were some giants nearby that were endangering the town and she couldn’t stop them by herself.

“Barkeep.� She called out quietly. When he came he pulled out a bag of coppers and wishpered to him as she pointed at the two arguing with each other. After he nodded she gave him a small bag of gold for a bottle of his cheapest elven wine. When that came she took it and her glass and headed towards the corner where she could see everything. The bartender brought another round of drinks to the two and nodded in Storm’s direction.

Anonymous

((Sorry about the elf thing, I've edited my post.))

Jarrus looked over at the boy. This wasn't improving his mood any.

"Hell, backwater doesn't even begin to describe it. I've spent the last two months of my life wandering around a desert while a large variety of people tried their best to kill me. I barely managed to find a voyage out of the damn place. Right now I'm thinking I should have saved my money. A scabbard would have been a better investment than that useless captain."

Jarrus absent mindedly rubbed under his odd looking collar. "Not that I would have needed a scabbard if I hadn't lost my old one... along with my damn sword in it." Jarrus wished he had money for another glass of ale, he was in a drinking mood. "Listen, don't feel too smug about keeping that pretty toy strapped to your back. Scabbard or no scabbard, I could still kill you seven times before you drew it."

There, that ought to put the boy in his place. Still, Jarrus admired his audacity. Unfortunately the boy was a potential competitor for any jobs that might come up. Jarrus doubted anyone would hire a child over a grown man, especially one with his talents, but perhaps warrior boys were commonplace here. It wouldn't do to be making any assumptions in this place.

Anonymous

He admitted he was backwater. Interesting. The trials and tribulations he faced... Sol didn't really give a fuck. What his deal was, he couldn't tell, nor did he wish to know. So, the young swordsman took the other man's words in stride, until he directly challenged his ability. You should have seen Sol; his throat caught on the milk in his gullet, white spewed from his nose, and in a great fit, he reared back his head and laughed.

"Beautiful! Beautiful!" exclaimed Solari, his raucous cackles disturbing the other patrons. When at last he'd managed to calm himself down, Sol looked at the stranger, whimsy still in his eyes. "You really think because I'm young, you can kill me? You're a fuckin' comedian. Hah!" Still chuckling lightly, the swordsman threw down a couple of bills, craned his neck as he stood up, and said to the bartender, "Give this motherfucker all the beer that can buy. He needs some false reality... Heh."

Sol stepped off from the pedestal, and turned towards the door, extending a hand forward as he walked. Power surged from his blood to his flesh, and from flesh to the air, as a great bolt of aura struck the grand door to the tavern, blowing it straight off its hinges and splintering it to pieces as it fell further.

"H-Hey!" The bartender prepared to protest, but a quick glare from Solari shook him. These weren't the eyes of a boy, or even a killer; it was that dangerous stage in between, where killing became sport. Sol's eye caught Jarrus, and with a whimsical grin, he returned and stepped out from the shattered tavern doorway. His fingers ruffled around his vest, and threw out a few bronze coins to the floor.

"That ought to cover repairs," Solari said jubiliantly, walking away from the tavern. "Come see me again if you want a fight, old man."

Anonymous

"Hmmm, looks like I upset him a little." Jarrus grinned once more. It probably wasn't a good idea to go around insulting people he'd just met, but the joke was on the young swordsman. "I think I'll have that ale now." Jarrus payed using the money left on the bar, and stuffed the rest into a pouch on his belt. He wasted no time downing the ale, then stood up. He wasn't accomplishing anything here. The bartender was more concerned with his door than helping Jarrus out.

Retrieving his coat and sword, Jarrus strode to the door. "Sorry about the trouble, kids these days huh?" The bartender merely grunted. The weather was still awful, but Jarrus didn't feel comfortable in the bar anymore. Too much attention.

Now, to find somewhere to sleep. He doubted the few bills he had obtained would be enough for an inn. More likely he'd end up sleeping in an alley somewhere. Still he'd had worse accomidations before. Briefly, Jarrus considered trying to find the boy... that spell had been impressive. But he decided there wasn't much to gain from it. It would most likely result in a confronation, and while a duel would be a nice chance to let off some steam Jarrus didn't want any trouble until he found out more about this place. Pulling his coat around him, Jarrus went in search of a relatively dry alleyway.

Anonymous

How dare he? That old fool, implying -- nay, stating -- that he, Solari Runeseeker of the dynamic Runeseeker family, was weak! What nerve it took, what... balls. As he wandered the streets of the city, weathering the storm in hopes of finding a boat the hell out of here. Hah. What was he doing, worrying about some old coot? It was ridiculous.

Quote from: "Jarrus"... Scabbard or no scabbard, I could kill you seven times before you drew it.

His eye twitched, followed by a spasm from the entire left side of his face. What kind of nerve did that take? This wasn't right. He wouldn't let that asshole pass up his skills and rob him of all that money on top of it (he distinctly forgot that he threw the money at him)! No, he wouldn't let this pass. Presently located near the central plaza, where he'd wandered away from and back to, Sol pressed two fingers to his forehead, and allowed his aura to run limply.

All returned to blackness. All returned to silence. All returned to the null and void. He could sense his heartbeat; not hear it, but sense it, the vibrations of his life's strings. Another beat gave way to a dozen more beats, and those dozen beats waylaid into a hundred. The auras of these people... Most of them weren't worth half a damn. But this man's presence would have to be strong, vile, rude -- the bastard. The beats of a thousand hearts echoed in Sol's spirit, until, at last, he came upon a familiar signature. Whipping his head up, he directed towards the source of the disturbance -- the pub. But it was kind of weak...

"Shit!" cursed Sol under his breath, as he turned back to sense again, when the power hit him. It was wandering, like himself, but different -- calmer. And, it had power behind it. That had to be it. Solari rose to his full height, eyes still closed, and continued to feel at the strings of life. There was naught but a few select citizens in the main plaza area, while Sol remained on the bank of a fountain. He wouldn't chance flight, literally, but he could at least walk. Those soft, paddling steps turned to rumbling beats as Solari stampeded through the streets. The bastard was on the move, slowly, easy to catch. What nice blood it would be.

As he ran, the young energy manipulator felt the beat of a heart, strong, proud. Now safely hidden behind an alleyway facing directly away from the buildings crossed by Jarrus, Sol charged energy into his soles and leapt, rebounding off of the roughly-shod roof with a crash, and continuing forward to just behind and above Jarrus. Sighting his prey, Solari's hand darted up and withdrew Giyarie, his beloved silver blade, and brought it to the side as his opposite hand swerved to face the offender while falling.

Best to start with a bang, he reasoned, and so he leaned away and thrusted forward to release a single, spiraling blast of simple aura at the one who had offended him. "DIE!!" At this point he was in the air, and still vulnerable, but once he'd landed and gotten his bearings, slicing open this fellow's throat would seem to be a simple task. This would, most importantly, be fun, and distract....

QuoteLUNA!!

... That was a former life, a flash from the distant past, which Sol threw aside and readied to bring his sword and legs to bear for a frontal assault.

(( I hope you don't mind a little... action. Mwa-ha. o.O ))

(( Edit: Upon reflection, perhaps I was too... forward? I've edited to clarify intent to attack for fairness. ))

Anonymous

Well it looked like this was the best he was going to do. The alley was relatively dry, not that it mattered. Jarrus was already soaked to the bone. He'd just have to make himself comfortable and hope the rain would stop soon.

As he entered the alley, Jarrus began to feel uneasy. He felt like someone was watching him. Looking back at the alley entrance he...

"DIE!!"

Oh shit.

Jarrus flipped a dagger into his hand, intending to throw it at his airborne assailant, but some sort of blast hit him and nearly knocked him off his feet. Recovering his balance and drawing his sword, Jarrus stepped into a defensive stance.

Well, at least it wouldn't be a boring night. Whoever attacked him was fast, and just might last more than a few minutes. Jarrus tried to make out whoever it was through the gloom. Ah, of course, the swordsman from the bar. Some people... In any case, this would be entertaining.

Anonymous

Defensive form, drawn blade... Slightly scarred from the aura burst. He had to be confident if he thought that such methods would defend against another shot. Sol landed, somewhat gracefully, fingers digging into the rain-soaked pavement and skidding back with a thrust of the legs. His sword-arm fingered Giyarie, and brought it up in an offensive stance, left arm sliding back and right arm extended forward flatly. Usual for him, but it ought to at least even the odds.

"... You're decent, at least... But..." Sol's left hand, which lay palm-down at his side, rose, and curled into a cupped form, soon privy to a small ripple of aura. It wasn't really very strong, this blast, but its range would outdo any degree of strength needed to put down this fool. "... You're dead." The air bent as Sol's arm swung, hurling the wave of power outward. The effect was to break the single blast into a half-dozen, which gave birth to another four. A spread-fire pattern, they called it.

Lurching forward, Sol followed in the path of the blasts, weaving in and out of the slower ones' paths, and readying Giyarie for a single, decisive thrust. It wouldn't be to a vital spot, no. That would be too simple. Sol's target would be the bastard's sword arm, and it would spread out from there, just like his attack.

This feeling... so sweet.

(( Short Post Syndrome ))

Anonymous

((Let me try to get back in this.))

Storm sat and drank her wine as she saw the arguement reach a climax. She calmly finished her drink and stood after the two had left. She approached the bar and reached into her coin purse. She pulled out a gold piece and handed it to the bartender.
"For repairs to the door. I suggest you get the best door and locks possible." she told him as he gaped at her in surpise. Good doors cost alot and good locks even more. She had a feeling blood was going to be shed and it was her duty to make sure that didn't happen. As she walked out the door she grabbed the bow she had left there and strung it with one smooth motion. It was elfcrafted and  priceless. The bow was as tall as her and she could hit a target about 300 paces on a bad day.

Storm nocked a arrow and then dissapeaered into the night. She took to the rooftops so she see far and cover a lot of ground. She arrived in time to see the boy ambush the poor swordsman. Storm narrowed her eyes when she saw teh arua attack. Such skill in the use of life energy was raw outside of monestaries and the fighting monks that made them thier homes. The boy was a fool, but he was a dangerous one. She pulled back the bow string and took carefull aim. She let loose a shaft and followed it with four more in one breath. The shafts formed a a neat line in front of the charging fool, also by design interceoting the arua attacks. "Halt, Young Fool!" She called out to him as she drew another arrowed and prepared.

Anonymous

Damn! He had cast an attack spell and was charging behind it! It had been a long time since Jarrus had fought someone who could fight well and also cast a decent spell. If it was just the spell or the charge, Jarrus could have easily handled it, but both together would require some improvisation.

The spell was expanding as it approached, meaning dodging was out of the question. Alright, this boy wasn't the only one with some magical tricks up his sleeve.

Jarrus brought his left hand up, hurling his dagger at the charging manipulator. That should slow him down! Lowering his sword, he then brought his hand accross his body in a complicated gesture.

There was a slight flicker as his shield came into being... Sloppy! It meant he was being innefficient with his power. It had been a while since he had needed this particular spell. It should scatter the blast around Jarrus, leaving him unharmed. It was good there was no-one around, It would be impossible to predict where the shattered pieces of the spell would land.

But then:
QuoteHalt, Young Fool!

Five arrows sped out of the darkness, It seemed as though they would intersect with the most deadly blasts of the spell. Such shooting! Still, Jarrus wasn't willing to trust his survival to some unseen archer. The shield would remain up.

This was going to get a lot more complicated.

Anonymous

(( Never had a threeway before... Cool. ))

Feet bounding against the rain, Sol ground to an abrupt halt as the arrow shafts pierced the night. Their whirring sounds broke the darkness, and with unparalleled accuracy, disrupted five of the shots he had sent at Jarrus. The remaining five continued on, and would likely enclose that bastard either way -- those arrows could only negate so many of the ten blasts -- and, in the long haul, the bowman may very well HELP, by trapping Jarrus into a two-sided conflict. ... Damn, the shield erected by the stranger deflected the simple blasts with relative ease. How sad.

Still, the immediate concern was to break off the attack and regroup, having lost the element of surprise. Solari readied himself, finding a dagger heading towards him. This fellow had some audacity to try throwing a weapon at him in this darkness! Energy surged through Sol's sword arm, acting as a repelling current of a shield, and with a swipe he misdirected the knife to the side of a building, where it lodged with a pleasant SHUNK. The energy wielder's slender digits caught the pavement, and slowly, he steadied himself to a stopped position. Looking behind the bastard, a girl was to be found, brandishing a bow as large as her. That didn't look good.

"You have some nerve, lady," Sol announced, bringing Giyarie to bear once again, this time in a reverse grip as he stood. "This is a man's fight; females ought best to know their place: OUTSIDE of battle." Foolish girl. What was her business in all this, anyway? Her motives... Was she going to make a move at him? Try to protect that bastard? Hah. If arrows were all she had on her side, he could kill her easily enough. The other one, though... That shield was decent for an old codger like him. If it would take more power than that to dent the barrier, he couldn't risk going all-out inside the city's perimeter.

Sol spoke, "You aren't half-bad, old man. I'd just advise you to watch your step, lest you find your head disconnected your neck. Farewell, strangers." He crouched for a moment, bounding up with tremendous strength (aura-induced), and flipping to the top of one of the buildings in the area. He sheathed Giyarie, feeling the reverb comfortingly, and with that, he darted off, aiming to leap from house to house until he'd fled the city.

(( Discretion is, after all, the better part of valor. By all means, try and pursue me; I won't bite. I'll just blow ya up. ^_^ ))

Anonymous

((Jarrus will pursue alright. Not like he has anything better to do.))

The dagger had failed to pierce the boy's throat, but hey, you win some, you lose some. The shield, at least, had worked. Besides, Jarrus was just getting started.

But now the insolent little boy was running away. Probably smart of him. The jump had been impressive, one of Jarrus' own favourite little tricks in fact, which he quickly put to use. In mid flight he drew his second dagger from his boot. Better be more careful with this one.

Jarrus paused on the rooftop, looking for Sol... There! He wouldn't get away, this was the most fun Jarrus had had in a long time. Taking off after the boy, he yelled to the archer: "Thanks for your help, but it's not needed. I can handle this myself!"

Anonymous

((Storm has something to say about that.))

Storm let off one shaft angrly at the arragont youth at his comment. Outside of battle indead. She thought angrly as she outlined him with Faerie Fire to make a more attractive target. She was already on a rooftop so it was a small matter to follow both of them as they left. She unstrung her bow as she kept pace. "I don't think so." she yelled inreplay to the man as she closed with him. Her aim for being out here in the first place was to stop any bloodshed. That was the reason she didn't take out teh boy when she had the benifet of surpise. Her bow made a effective staff when unstrung, so she swung it at the Jarris' knees.

Anonymous

Jarrus grinned. This was it, the thrill of the chase and all that. The ship had been so boring, so... confined. It would be good to run.

Something hit him in the leg.

Jarrus went down hard onto the wet shingles of the roof, nearly losing his grip on his weapons. Looking up, he saw the archer standing over him.

"The Hell woman? Why are you interfering?" he was screaming at her now, "He attacked me, it's my right to kill him!"

Jarrus attempted to scramble to his feet. His legs hurt, but he'd had worse. If he could get away from this crazy woman, he should still be able to catch the swordsman.

Anonymous

Storm stood over him and shook her head when he demanded that his right was to kill his attacker. "No, your right is to protect yourself. The name is Storm by the way, man. Your lucky I didn't take you down hard. You will stop with this follishness." She told him as she went into a combat stance, with her bow held as a quarterstaff. She had both blades also, but didn't want to kill this person who was obviously new to this land.

Anonymous

The words had barely escaped his mouth, his body had barely turned, before the arrow flew at his frame. An arrow well-shot, but it was still an arrow; Sol simply gestured and, with a wave of aura, deflected the arrow to the side while continuing his escape. From one rooftop to another, and from that one to the next, he would continue on, regardless of whether or not those two clowns had anything to say about it.

Still, for good measure, the warrior readied a charge around his frame, stopping for a brief moment to prepare. It was a bluish aura, deep green in some places, one that he had seen fit to use only once before, during his village's attack. Yes... That was the last time he'd fought an enemy that dictated any real attention. He could still feel the life being snuffed out of Luna, even now, a feeling he couldn't shake as he continued ahead.

Quote"Gh--!!" Giyarie slid into the space between the man's neck and shoulder, gathered momentum, and flung the head away with an audible pop. Its holder didn't pause to wipe the blood from his sword, turning instead to face the onslaught of bandits that he now encountered. There were simply too many of them to fight fairly, so a little aura-play was in order. Solari shook with strength, and that same aura he would later craft surrounded him.

"Who wants some...?" Augmented by the aura, Sol tore through the brigands, sword and fist clashing against steel, iron, and leather with disastrous results for his foes. These were all just cannon fodder; were there no true foes here?

"...!" Solari stumbled as he moved to attack another thief, having felt a sudden pang on his heart. That string was familiar, soft, a part of his very existence... And now it was gone.

"LUNA!!"

Best not to think too much. As Sol ran, he heard a great clatter, though he didn't risk turning to run into a feint. Something seemed to be chasing after him, and then stopped cold.

Cool.

(( You two just fight amongst yourselves. I get to get away~ Yayy. ))