Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fresh Cargo From the Northern Sea [M]

Started by visualspice, July 05, 2016, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

Serenity turned her hands in his to press her palms to his.

"I... They bought me to auction off my purity," a a tilt of her head, "I... Do you think I couldnt? That I'm worth nothing?" She rubbed her palm to her chest, looking worried between Tamina and Darius.

DragonSong

Tamina rolled her eyes and Darius huffed. It was clear the man's preconceptions would not be swayed. "If you'd like to work with him, Serenity, you may," Darius said. "I certainly will not force you either way, it is your choice."

"It's just how northerners see things," Tamina tried to assure the girl. "He thinks using your body to make money is...impure, or something." She did her best to continue speaking in Common, as Darius had.

visualspice

Danning frowned.
"N-no, I have no doubt in your ability but I.... where I come from, saving your virtue, your Purity, is a great gift, and a noble intention."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Tamina rolled her eyes and switched to Essyrni a she spoke to Darius. "As if a man's cock was so important that a woman losing her virginity somehow makes her impure, changes who she is. Rather arrogant, if you ask me."

Her employer laughed and tried to turn it into a cough, replying in the same language, "Don't mock him. It's just a different way of looking at things."

Draconian

Serenity looked around, shoulders hunching forward, arms folding in front of herself. She'd never really felt naked before and now she did, a brief look to everyone in the room and she nibbled her lower lip. "I... I dont know," a woeful look to Danning and Darius, "Master?" Lilac eyes wide on Darius, "what should I do?"

visualspice

He didn't like not knowing what was fully going on, but he truly feared for her. What she was raised to do.. It wasn't right. He reached for her hand, gently touching her and giving it a squeeze.

"Serenity... please, the choice is yours but all I'm asking for is time. Time to let you think... To figure out what you want. Not what you were raised to do..."
He feared she didn't understand, didn't have a choice, and he turned his attentions to Darius and moved to get on his knees before him.

"Please, let Serenity have a choice. Let her decide, rightfully, what she ought to do with her life here. I know.. thi sis asking a lot, and outside of whatever powers I have here, but I beg you, as one man to another, as one human to another, Let her have her choice. It's her body... her life, It is only right she can decide, and decide in truth, not in ignorance."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Oh- please don't, don't do that." Darius winced, and pulled the man up by his shoulders. "Look- I don't know what you think you can do. Her beliefs are as deeply ingrained in her as yours are in you."

He sighed, then added, "But. If you would like her to work with you, and she would like to do that as well, I have no objection."

Tamina snorted and rolled her eyes. In Common, she said bluntly, "You may think her a victim, Father. You may even be right. But she has gotten off a hell of a lot better than some of us in this life. She is not ignorant, only raised to believe differently from you."

It might have been a reflex reaction to defend her fellow female, her hand patting the girl on the shoulder and squeezing lightly.

Draconian

Still confused, Serenity shook her head, looking between them all. "I... I just want to please you," she looked to Darius and then back at Danning. So confused now. "I dont... I dont know!" Looking to Tamina, "help me choose?"

visualspice

Danning gaped, and turned to Tamina. He moved to take Tamina's hand now, getting to his knees before her.
"Tamina.. Please.. You'll speak to her, won't you? You can tell her... Tell her she has a choice."

DragonSong

"No, stop that." Tamina knelt so they were on level. "She knows she has a choice. I'm not going to force her either way- please don't kneel."

She looked to Serenity. "You know whatever you do will please Darius, yes? Whatever you are comfortable with, that's what he wants you to do."

visualspice

Danning reached for Tamina's hand, squeezing it gently, but firmly enough to let her know of his desperation.
"What did you tell her?" he asked, voice but a breath.

DragonSong

"I said she should know she has a choice. That whatever she is comfortable with will make Darius happy," she murmured, squeezing his hand in return automatically. Then she shrugged. "But you must understand how this looks to her- if we flat out deny that she can work as a..."harem girl", you are telling her that she has no worth."

She laid a hand under Danning's chin and lifted his face to better look at her. "You and I both know that isn't true. But that is what she sees. It is all she knows. Be...careful with her." Her eyes had a soft glint, something like understanding, or old pain, or both.

visualspice

"Then let me teach her, please. Let me show her what else there is in life. Let me show her her other choices."

DragonSong

Tamina shrugged. It wasn't her choice to make.

Darius spread his hands open. "You may try, Father. It is not my place to tell her she must listen to you."

Draconian

Serenity gave a little moan, looking between the bunch of people. "I... I could try working with Danning," she said softly looking between everyone. Heartbeat picking up, eyes falling closed, she hunched her shoulders and ducked her head down. "I... I dont understand," she rubbed her fists against her eyes, a wet wobbly sigh, "Am i not desireable?" She looked to Danning and then Darius, "is that why Master sold me?" A few shuddering breaths and tears dripped down her cheeks, "I wasnt... good enough?" She stood up and swallowed thickly.

"Danning, why... I... I..." Serenity crouched down, curling her arms around Ifrits neck, snuggled her face against his fur and cried.

DragonSong

Tamina sighed. "I told you. Now she thinks she's worthless," she murmured to Danning. Her hand squeezed his again, the gentle gesture at odds with her sharp words.

Darius rubbed at his temples. He was doing his best with this situation, but he still had a business to run, and this was slowly consuming all of his time.

"Serenity, honey." He knelt next to her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. "That's not what he's saying. You are a lovely, lovely girl, and you have done nothing wrong."

visualspice

Danning frowned, not understanding her distress.
"It is not that you're not desirable, it is quite the opposite, and many men would take advantage of that. I am afraid for you, Serenity. Men who buy women for pleasure... they are not the sort you ought to want from life; but a man who would respect you, and desire you as much as you'd want to desire him. So you are both equals, and no money could equal the purity of love you'd share."

Draconian

Serenity was jusf confused now.

What was this business about love?

She curled her arms around Darius's shoulders and snuggled in, looking only briefly to Danning before turning her face away. "I don't... I never learned that," she grumbled and turned away, loosening her arms from Darius and turning away.

"I... I'd like to rest now," she whimpered, head down, taking a few steps, "I'd like to help Danning learn Essyrni. For now. But... I..." she shook her head once and turned away, moving to leave.

DragonSong

"Here, I'll walk you to your room," Darius said as Ifrit whimpered and licked the girl's face and hands, shooting Danning a miffed look- well, as miffed as a jackal could be. Darius glanced over his shoulder and said, "Mina," with a meaningful nod to the priest.

"I will show you where to sleep," Tamina told Danning, pulling him gently to his feet.

visualspice

"Thank you," he said, and quietly followed.