Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fresh Cargo From the Northern Sea [M]

Started by visualspice, July 05, 2016, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

She led him down a hall, turned a corner, down another hall, and then stopped at the last door. "Here." She opened the door an ushered him into a room that looked like it hadn't really been intended for sleeping- it was bigger than some of the others, with plenty of open floor space, but no bureau or even shelves, and the bed was rather haphazardly pushed into the back corner.

Tamina pulled a face and tried to explain, "Darius thought you'd probably want to work with the children. This is the...what is word- nursery? But you may sleep here. If you prefer to move, you will probably be with Fahrim and Isara."

She shifted a little awkwardly in the doorway, then muttered, "Will bring you proper clothes and introduce you to the kids in the morning."

visualspice

"Nursery?" Danning's expression brightened. "Oh.. so they're not here right now? Where do the children sleep? Do they stay with their mothers?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She nodded, smiling slightly. "Yes. The two boys' mothers room together, and Ashanti is with her parents."

visualspice

He smiled and gave an understanding nod as he bowed towards her.
"Thank you, for everything. You've been very helpful and welcoming of me. I understand this is not the what your culture typically does, and I thank Ansgar I had been fated to be bought from you than anyone else. Er.. or rather, Darius." He looked Tamina over thoughtfully. "Are... you a slave of his? Or do you simply work for him?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Tamina gave him a real smile for that. "Darius doesn't keep slaves. You'll be paid for your work here, just like everyone else."

She hesitated a moment, then leaned toward him and patted his shoulder lightly. "I am...sorry. But you will be treated well here."

visualspice

"Do not be sorry," he told her, his hand resting over her's. "This is by no means your fault. And I do aim to make my keep. As far as I can tell, I owe a lot to Darius. I just hope what I am.. who I am... That I can be of help to him."

His eyes lingered on Tamina for a brief moment before he said, "This place.... It's like he buys slaves to employ them, but keeps that truth a secret?" And he looked at her, trying to gauge her expression. If this was true, then perhaps he was sent here for a purpose.

DragonSong

"I...suppose you could say it that way," she murmured. "What Darius does...not really common here. He has to fight. A lot. For us, to keep us safe."

She cleared her throat and glances away, for some reason feeling like she may have said to much.

visualspice

Despite their language barrier, he could always read a person's body language. He placed a hand on her shoulder and gave her a warm smile.

"I hope I will be a help to him. And grow here in my own faith." And here he hesitated, eyes lingering on her. "Tamina... about earlier. I.... this culture is very strange to me. When you.... when you wanted me.." he went on, cheeks heating pink. "Please know it is not because you are undesirable, but that because of my religion, I can not seek out those needs. I am forbidden." His eyes remained on her's as he frowned. "I'm sorry. I bet you make many men happy." He gave her a more sheepish smile before adding, "And you've got a strong beauty about you. Such beauty I haven't seen since I have been in the North."

Although Serenity looked more appropriately like the Northern beauties, Tamina's personality reflected a lot of what Danning had seen and interacted with with the people in the North. Strong willed and true to their faith- and true to their people.

Tamina would have been a fine Connlaothian, had she been born there,.. in another life.

DragonSong

Tamina actually blushed a bit, brow furrowing. "I'm not- I didn't-"

She huffed, then muttered, "I- thank you." She knew she was attractive, his rejection hadn't really offended her for that. But for some reason the way he said it made her feel...younger. More innocent than she was.

Shaking her head, she added a bit snippily, "Still think it's silly. It's just sex."

visualspice

He gave a nod, and a small smile.
"In the North... we believe it to be much more."
Or, at least those who regarded it as sacred.
"It is why marriage is a sacred affair up North. You pledge your whole being to just one love, one purpose, one life."

DragonSong

"Hmph." She shrugged. "Strange."

Well, he wasn't anymore likely to change his mind than she was. "Rest, Danning. I'll bring the children to you in the morning."

visualspice

"Sleep well." he said with a bow of his head.

DragonSong

"Um..." It took a few moments for her to translate that in her head, then she nodded quickly. "And you?" That was an appropriate response, right?

Not really waiting for an answer, she almost fled back out into the hallway.

visualspice

Danning smiled as she left,and moved to make himself comfortable on the bed. Although nothing impressive, he'd slept on worse, and certainly wasn't going to complain now. It was better than shackles, better than dirt, and better than the hard floor of a cell.

It didn't take long for exhaustion to over come him, and soon the priest was fast asleep.

DragonSong

"Danning?"

Tamina was at his door again early the next day, knocking lightly. Two women and a man accompanied her, all employees of The Stray Cat.

visualspice

Danning slept surprisingly well, so at first, the priest hadn't heard the knocking.

DragonSong

Tamina sighed, then banged the flat of her palm against the door. "Northman! Up!" she called, and unceremoniously knocked the door open.

Her companions hesitated in the hall, casting each other weary glances.

visualspice

Danning made a noise and moved to sit up, wiping the sleep from his eyes as he apologized.
"Is it morning already?"
He felt as if he could sleep for days.

DragonSong

"Afraid so." Tamina glanced over her shoulder and said something in quick Essyrni, and the three prostitutes moved forward.

It became apparent that each held a child, or- in the case of one of the women- ushered one forward between their legs. They all smiled at Danning, polite if distant, and Tamina gave them a brief indication with a wave of her hand.

"The two boys are Sun and Narim. The little girl is Ashanti."

visualspice

The moment he spotted the children, a smile blossomed. He rose slowly, but not with uncertainty, and looked each child over. He took in what he could of their small introduction and got to one knee and said softly, "Hello." His smile was like the warmth of the rising sun.
"How do I address them in Essyrni?" He knew children so small would be unfamiliar with his northern tongue and if he were to spend most of his day with them, he ought to learn their language to at least some extent.