Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fresh Cargo From the Northern Sea [M]

Started by visualspice, July 05, 2016, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

"But!" Shw motioned to Danning, looking a little concernned but she dropped her hand to her side and her head froward, arranging her hair over her breasts while Darius spoke. "Yes, Master," she said simply before she turned away, gathered her shirt and pullled it on over her head.

"Can I still teach him Essyrni?" Her voice was small and she sounded a little defeated

visualspice

Danning was still too flustered to react to most of what was going on as he numbly nodded at Tamina before lowering her face yet again.
"I.. I'm sorry if I've become a bigger burden for you all... I... am still unsure.. unclear of these customs. They.. are trying to my morals.. my values and I... These.. these are things I can not compromise on." He trembled a little as he tried to calm himself. "They're my life."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Darius sighed. He wanted the girl to understand, not just blindly obey. "Yes, sweet thing, you can still teach him Essyrni," he assured gently, then added, "but I think I'd prefer it if you had someone with you. Perhaps Tamina? She needs to improve her Common anyway."

The half-demon scoffed quietly but didn't argue, and Darius turned to address Danning. He offered the other man his hand to help him up. "Don't apologize, Father. It is clear you both only mean well, but Serenity must learn boundaries." He smiled a bit. "And perhaps you should practice seeing naked women, no? It is hardly restricted to brothels in Essyrn, and I like my staff to dress comfortably if they wish."

visualspice

He was grateful for the help to his feet, but found himself gaping at the suggestion as his face burned hot to his ears.
"Yes I.." he blinked, tongue twisting. "Perhaps I should try to... get.. get used to the customs here."
But what did he mean by.. practice?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Darius clapped the man's shoulder gently, almost smirking. "I will talk to the girl," he said quietly. "No one is going to try to make you uncomfortable, but our customs are just...different."

Draconian

Boundaries.

Serenity's lips were drawn into a thin line and she looked away. Pale cheeks flushed with... Embarrassment? She'd done wrong and she ducked her head down, frowning at the tears that were in her eyes. This place was different and...  Her hand moved to brush away tears before they fell in a lame attempt to keep them from noticing.

"I'm sorry," She said, looking at Danning through her hair and she curled her arms around her waist and looked to Darius, "I... I'll teach them common and Essyrni," She said softly, "And only language."

DragonSong

"Oh, sweetheart." Darius sighed. Gods, when had this become his life. He ran a hand down his face, then moved toward Serenity with a small smile.

"Are you alright?" He put a finger under her chin and tilted her head back slightly so she could meet his eyes. "You know I'm not angry with you, don't you? I know this is new for you, you'll just have to learn."

He whistled softly, a the faint padding of paws could be heard. "Why don't you help me give Ifrit a bath, hm? Damn animal certainly needs it."

Tamina looked between the three of them, then settled on Danning. "You need anything?" she asked gruffly. "For tomorrow, I mean. Watching the children."

visualspice

His heart went out to her. He could't help it. He couldn't see someone in distress.
Tamina's inquiry was a moment's distraction as he assured her he did not with a shake of his head. But then he crossed the distance between he and Serenity and paused to take in her form. Then he knelt before her, reaching out to take her hand.

"Please don't be sad. I too.. will learn in time how to adjust to life here." Though he had a feeling her problems here honestly stemmed from well.. him.

"I'm.... not good at well.. any of the things you know," he went on, blushing as he smiled awkwardly. "But I also do not wish to cause you any harm. If... if my presence here is that much of a burden to you-" he began. But he couldn't finish the statement. he had no choice to go or stay or offer that to anyone. He looked to Darius- but then an idea struck him.

He smiled, truly now as he looked to Serenity and helped brush her draping hair from her face.

"I'm good at consoling. If.. if you ever need to talk to one.. about how you feel.." he went on, pressing a hand to his heart then,... one over her's. "My door is always open to you. That.." he assured her, feeling her heart beat beneath his palm. "Is what I was taught. What I am to teach, in the blessings of Ansgar himself."

Draconian

Foolish.

There was a few moments where she resisted looking at Darius's eyes but finally, her lilac eyes met his and she sighed and gave a little nod. She knew he wasn't angry with her, but she felt bad for forcing Danning to do something he didn't want to. It made her feel... Guilty.

Then there he was. The Priest. The holy man who was all blushes and awkward movements.

"I'm sorry for making you touch my breast," She said softly, looking down again after turning her attention from Darius to Danning. A brief look when he moved her silvery hair away and she looked at him with surprise when he touched her. The contact made her pulse speed up a little and she chewed on her lip, blinking at him with wide eyes. Talk? About how she felt?

"I'm sure you wouldn't understand," She whispered, placing her hand over his on her chest, fingers lingering at his wrist, but she smiled at him all the same, "but thank you. I'll remember," She didn't really know who Ansgar was so she kept quiet after, looking down, "You're no burden, Danning, I just... Need to think of others. Not... Everyone is... Seeking to use what I know," She looked away after a moment before taking a step away and looking up at Darius, "You said the puppy needs a bath?"

DragonSong

Darius just about beamed. It seemed she was beginning to understand after all.

"Yes, he does." He put a gentle hand on her shoulder and tilted his head slightly. "Help me wrangle him? Gods know he'll probably obey you better than he does me, furry traitor."

He glanced over his shoulder at Danning and mouthed Thank you. Clearly the man wasn't comfortable, but he was trying to encourage the girl, and Darius was grateful for it.

visualspice

Awkwardly, he smiled to Darius, but didn't move to step away. He'd let the others take their leave. After all, he did just want to help and..
In it's own way, she had wanted to help to.

Perhaps she had. His lips smiled a little. He was beginning to understand.

"Go have fun washing the dog," he encouraged.

Draconian

A brief glance to Danning and she moved her hand to curl around Darius's, fingers clasping between his. The hand was comforting and she briefly pressed her cheek to his arm before curling her other arm around it. It was nice to touch. "I will surely smell like one," She smiled over her shoulder at Danning before she turned to Darius again, waiting to be led away.

DragonSong

Despite himself, Darius was a little surprised by how easily she accepted and expanded his touch. He offered her a small smile and guided her back into the hall, his faithful companion waiting for them and giving a soft woof in greeting.

Tamina hovered, glancing back at Danning. "I, ah..." She rubbed at her neck. "Sorry. About...early. I though you were-"

She cleared her throat and looked away, wishing she hadn't been quite so quick to jump to conclusions.

visualspice

He held up his hands apologetically.
"Please.. no harm done." he bowed his head. "I'm still grateful to all of you for being so kind and allowing me a chance to adapt and figure this situation out. I.. know it wasn't by choice that I am here, but it will be my choice not to allow myself to simply lose who I am over what has been done. I am a servant to Ansgar, and I will continue to keep that in mind and remain respectful to your Essyrni virtues as well."

DragonSong

Hearing "Essyrni" and "virtue" so close together made her snort, then she realized he was sincere. She flushed, not wanting him to think she was mocking him.

"Well. I am...here. If you need something..." She shrugged and glanced at the door again, shuffling her feet, not quite sure what to do with herself.

visualspice

"Tamina, wait," he called after her fleeting form. He moved to her side. "I meant it. Honestly. I know you were trying to protect Serenity. And I would never be mad at you if.. int he future you continued to do the same. In fact, I hope you always do and always listen to your inert sense of judgement." He gave her a smile. "Even though... nothing here happened, I'd... I'd hate for anything bad to happen to her." Or Tamina. Or Darius. Or anyone who didn't deserve it.

DragonSong

The half-demon paused, glancing sidelong at him. "I..."

She sighed and dropped her head, shaking it slightly. "I don't understand you," she grumbled, in a tone that said she clearly didn't like the feeling. Another breath, then she murmured, "But I will...gah, how do you say it? Watch her? Look over her?"

visualspice

He blushed and raised his hands in apology. But smile when she gave her answer.
"Yes.. please. Please watch over her." Because he still believed he wouldn't be here long enough to see any of them past the year.

DragonSong

Tamina nodded, brow furrowed in a thoughtful sort of frown. "Call for me if you need something," she murmured as she slipped out into the hall.

visualspice

Danning was having a difficult resting after an incident like that. He needed some fresh air, and took it upon himself to take a short walk. Though a walk through the whore house didn't help, as his eyes tried to avoid all of the naked woman strewn about- He eventually saw himself outside, but was trying to be smart about it. And he was thankful for his choice to do so. It was cool outside, cold evening, something that contrasted the blistering heat of the desert day.

At least now his entire body cooled down, and quickly, as slowly he made his rounds around the building....
and inspite of himself to remain nearby, his mind was so clouded and distracted that...
He hadn't realized he must've stepped away from the place.. because he was in the middle of some street somewhere, right int he heart of Essyrn.

Tags: