Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Is something wrong ? ( Egoistic)

Started by Ice, July 20, 2016, 04:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice

There were alot of thing going on in this strange little city. At least they were odd to a certain  creature who had decided to lurk here. He chose populated places to hunt because there was a lot of people to blame his crimes on. Not that he like being evil. He just felt that he had to be bad. After all most monsters were bad right?  He thought so at least.

He wore a hood over his face to hide his evil looking face. It was a face that most were terrified of. He could not really help it though. He actually fed on fear. Which in its own right made most want to avoid him. His glowing red eyes were another thing that scared others. Though there was some good to this creature. He never liked being what he was but it was what he had to be. It was what all his kind were.

He sighed as he thought about this. He moved his hands carefully. He did not want to hurt himself by touching someone by accident. Yet another bother of being what he was. He was so deep in thought though that he need up bumping into the back of a female. She took one look a let out a loud scream and ran.

Oh yeah that would draw attention most definitely. Stupid mortals being scared so easy. So easy indeed.

egoistic

Drawn to the land of dragons, valiant warriors and superstition by personal curiosity more than anything, yet another strange creature lurked. Minus the strange and lurking, of course. After all, this one was a seeming commonplace human with common traits, give or take a few irregularities, yet, of course, nothing stood out more than the pale shade of his skin. This was, after all, a land where most possessed skin of a darker shade.

Naturally, garbed in a weird choice of not entirely plain cloak, this wanderer wore a thin smile upon lips. Everything was new, everything was different, not that this one knew what it was like before, plainly said - it was all new. Holding a small journal in hand, the wandering chronicler occasionally scribbled with another hand. Sometimes a rough sketch, sometimes some notes.

Regardless, the rhythm of a settlement was not a difficult thing to grasp. Even if people of different ethnicity had different customs, general daily life never different much. And the towns... short term, these were not the most intriguing things to behold. While common lives had their own merit and curiosities, this one was more interested in uncommon things a the time. And it did no look like anything was to happen soon... Or was it really like that?

A scream echoed from just some distance to the side, aside from the a wide, open street. Aside from the common lives of common people. There Avaasi witnessed, within these very same walls of commonplace lives of many, a garbed creature clad in hooded-cloak. "Why! Greetings!" Avaasi called out, whilst aiming to close the gap.

Ice

The creature was trying not be noticed as he ducked his head. He really did not want everyone to start going nuts because of his clumsy mistake. As he was trying to move along he had the feeling that this was certainly going to be an interesting day. That was when he heard the voice of another . They were calling to him it seemed. That was just great . He hoped that it was not the woman's husband or something.

He glance across the street towards the sound of the voice. He saw a pale skined man coming towards him. His coal red eyes starred at him from beneath his hood. He would at least try to be friendly. What could that hurt? " Hello yourself" he said in a voice that sounded like a growl.

egoistic

Observing the behavior of the one ahead, Avasi took some time to approach closer. Even though the initial greeting was already uttered, this one had no clue who or what was it. From the perspective of the wanderer it did initially seem like there was not much to the whole situation. The height of the one ahead was imposing, of course, but there were always bigger people about. Was it just some kind of thuggish-looking folk, accidentally stumbling into someone, or perhaps some kind of brigand aiming to have a catch in the daylight?

With Avasi's greeting returned, the wanderer had simply placed away the quill, a small inkwell and the journal back into the satchel. Straightening back and bringing forth a smile, this one merely showed signs of curiosity, as the growl-like response was addressed. "Ah. My apologies, sir, of course, you would be upset if someone were to approach you while you were attending to your own schedule..." pausing as if for a gasp of air. "...but please humor me for a moment here. It would seem as though someone had screamed, was someone assaulted, perhaps?"

Ice

Phears was not the best at being social. Mostly because he never had much luck when it came to talking to others. He let the man approach. Of course he knew that his growling voice could be considered angry when he first spoke. Really though that was simply his tone.  He listened to the man talk then softened his gaze. Oh boy now he had to explain that he was just a clumsy creature.

" I am not upset. It is my tone of voice. I accidentally ran into her. I did not mean to . It just happened. Most are afraid of me. " He said trying his best to sound more friendly. After all he was telling the truth. He did not want any trouble at the moment. He just wanted a nice day. Though it could always get worse than this he supposed.

egoistic

Avasi simply smiled on. Maintaining a perfectly casual, though, polite attitude this one was a bit of an opposite. Having no problems or fears about approaching people, regardless of their dispositions, this wanderer simply felt at peace within social environments. Granted, appearance was often a huge factor and rather than towering person don in cloak, being tad smaller, yet relatively attractive always had its boons.

"Hmmm... I would see why that could be a thing. You do look like... more of an intimidating sort." Avasi uttered, whilst still maintaining a positive attitude, in-fact, no scorn was shown, in spite of the fact that this one had to admit to self that the person up ahead was more shady than anything. "Manner of speech does not aid either, no. Is it due to some sort of disease?" gesturing at own throat, Avasi indicated some sort of possible throat illness.

Ice

Phears shifted just a little he was thinking that this man was a little odd. Though he was not going to judge the man. He heard what the man now said and he mentally sighed. This man might become a little bit annoying. Phears was not really wanting advice or give asked strange question. Oh he would just humor him.

" Everyone says that. I try to be kind but being a monster don't help.its just the way my voice naturally is. All my kind have voice like this." He said trying his best to explain to the man. He just really did not know how to explain better.

egoistic

Perhaps affected by some sort of childish nature of curiosity, Avasi stood his ground. And while, perhaps assuming that he might be some form of annoyance to anyone not in the mood to simply humor this one, this one could not quite help it. Enthusiastically retrieving both the journal and a quill, Avasi quickly dipped the tip of the feather into a small inkwell, soon etching a note onto the pages of a journal.

"I see." Avasi muttered as a few pauses in scribbling were made. "While I do not believe that introducing so late into a conversation is a good idea, it would be far more harmful not to do it at this point. I am Avasi." upon a few taps of quill on the pages with a quill, a few more words were spoken. "A scribe, if you would. Would you join me for a lengthier conversation by some form of a beverage, perhaps?"

Ice

Phears watched as the man made his notes. It really made him wonder more about the strange man. He gave a smile under his hood at what was said to him now. " It is nice to meet you. I am called phears." He said. He gave bow as he said his name. He then heard what else the man had to say. " Okay I can do that. Though I'm not sure where a place to do that is" he answered softly. His voice was a bit lighter but still came out growlish.

egoistic

"The pleasure is all mine." Avasi lowered head in a very light bow. With a relieving sound of a positive response from a tad odd fellow named Phears, Avasi would fiddle with the quill and journal for a while longer Having finally placed the supplies back into the satchel, this one soon showed a very brief frown, followed by a light gasp as a horrible realization came to mind. "That... I don't actually know."

It did not at all take too long for this one to glance about, as immediate vicinity did not actually prove to hold any kind of establishment. "Unfortunately, I am not a local either, but, perhaps, we could wander in a side and see where that takes us?" frowning no longer, Avasi would give a very meaningful nod at the new acquaintance and simply proceed striding onward.

Ice

Phears was just watching the man as he reacted to what phears had said. Well he had not really expect the man to be a fellow traveler. That made sense though because he didn't look like the locals here." I see" he said softly.

He watched the man look around .he smiled again at his next words. It was a very good suggestion. " That sounds very good to me." He then followed the man. He had to careful to hide the fact that he was floating a little bit as he moved beside the strange man.

egoistic

Thus Avasi simply strode on, making sure to keep just some personal distance, in order to not step into the newly acquired acquaintance's personal space and leave him uncomfortable. The direction of choice? Simply forward. While Avasi might have stepped past some sort of establishment that had offered any kind of relevant services, it was not this one's concern at that point and the last thing that was going to happen was Avasi returning back the same way. Not at this point anyway.

"Why not converse as we walk, though?" a stray, yet sly suggestion was mentioned. "I happen to not quite know much of how things are here... or elsewhere for that matter." this one simply commented. "Precisely why I like keeping track with some notes. Speaking of which, how exactly do you spell your name?"

Ice

Phears followed the man . He was actually getting used to his company. It was not often that he could kind of feel good around others. He was not bothered by going straight. He had not seem much from the direction that he had come from. Though he had not really paid attention to much either. He then heard what the other was saying now.

" Okay. I don't tend to stay in one place for very long. " He said softly. Then he thought for a minute about his question. He was never asked how he spelled his name. He had to think for a second. " I spell it p h e a r s " he said softly. He said each letter slowly to where he would be able to understand.

egoistic

And at the same time, Avasi held little lack of comfort in walking forward either. It was, after all a rare opportunity to meet someone... amusing, or at least less common. Speaking slowly now, as though being very careful to make a mental note, this one uttered. "P... H... E... A... R... S? No F or I anywhere, right?" more out of an attempt to keep the conversation going than misconception, Avasi added. "A lovely, though, unique name."

And just as this one marched onward, with a strange acquaintance by the side, Avasi had paid quite little attention to their actual surroundings. In-fact, Avasi was less concerned with finding a place to sit and drink and more about Phears. "Is it not too warm with the cloak?" another question followed.

Ice

Phears smiled slightly as he listened to the man speaking. He had to admit that this stranger was rather interesting to say the least." You are correct. Nope . Many want to spell it with an F though. I could understand why though." He said with a bit of a laugh. He then added " thank you. Your name is quite interesting as well." He was trying to complement the man. A sine that he liked him a bit.

He heard the next question. It was one that had been asked by others before. It was also one that he had to answer carefully. " Well not really. I have some it since I began traveling. My looks are very unusual and quite scary. So I hide them." He said . He was not going to add that he was that way because fear is what he fed off of. That would be revealing too much.

egoistic

"Isn't it just a name like any other?" Avasi simply shrugged, to this one, names were simply words used to refer to something specific and at the most basic level - it is exactly what it was. "I wouldn't say that F...hears is an easy name to pronounce." emphasizing on the ridiculousness of the sound of Fhears over Phears, this one simply aimed to make the atmosphere a bit lighter. "Besides. Name is not something that defines you."

Granted an answer to the other question, Avasi could simply smile, of course, knowing nothing of the origin or existence of Phears, this one simply found him interesting. "I cannot judge much without actually seeing you, that lies underneath that cloak, yet, you are not at all malicious. Intimidating - perhaps. Do you do anything for living?"

Ice

Phears just smiled at what the man was now saying. He was one of those who found that different name were simply interesting. Though for a monster he was actually quite strange." Heh suppose you are right . That does sound pretty silly. ." He said with a small laugh. He found this man was simply just being nice. Which was always welcome.

He then heard what was said next. Well at least he did not laugh or run . " Well it would cause a scene if I showed you. I try to be kind . I don't really have a job yet." He said softly.

egoistic

Avasi merely carried on. This one did indeed enjoy the current atmosphere and whilst they were having a light-hearted conversation, from the perspective of Avasi, it served more meaning. While not entirely an underhanded purpose, the conversation also existed for this one to get to know Phears a bit better. Figure out what kind of person he was and such. Of course, it probably worked the same way vice-versa.

"Well, that's fine, I do not mean to pry anyway." Avasi uttered with a smile. "If it's a job, why not see if someone would hire you as some kinds of groundskeeper or a guard? While you are probably aware of this, you are quite the sight to behold even with a cloak upon you. Likely, this kind of occupation would give you a chance to make some sort of steady living, rather than wander about."

Ice

Phears kind of smirked at the words. Monsters did not need to work. They had their own ways of making it in the world. So did phears. He stole from the dead by robbing graves . It was not very honest work or mostly sound but it was sometimes very profitable. Though he probably was not going to mention that to this strange man. He did not see a pint in getting involved in trouble.

" Heh well most don't want to hire someone who is not human. They want someone that they think they can trust. " He said in a soft tone. He knew that humans fear those like him. He gave off a rather unfriendly aura. Though that did not seem to bother his current company.

egoistic

Avasi wasn't much of a human. Well. Technically was, but at the same time this one wasn't, likely the best way to put it would be to say that was Avasi used to be one. The whole idea intrigued this one, as it sounded quite amusing in mind. It was likely the reason why this one did not quite mind this strange company.

"Certainly, but don't you simply have to prove your worth?" Tossing in a stray thought, Avasi made a gesture, spreading arms apart as if to imitate a wider silhouette. "As I said before, imposing looks are the selling point in some professions."