Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Is something wrong ? ( Egoistic)

Started by Ice, July 20, 2016, 04:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice

Phears just kind of smiled. Proving his worth to humans was definitely beneath him. He would never want to show that kind of weakness to a stupid human. He then forced those thoughts from his mind. There was no need in taking offense to the man's words. He was trying not to show his more evil nature. Not yet anyway.

He heard the man's wife and just smiled. This one was certainly very convincing. However phears was sure that most humans did not hire those that consider them prey. Though he wasn't going to say that. " I suppose you are right. heh well I can see how it would work." He said.

Then with some thought he added. " What do you do for work?" He was returning the question. He too wanted to know more about his current company.

egoistic

Avasi had little prejudice against anything else, to this one, mostly everyone was equal among each other, which is why the, perhaps, far-fetched idea of Phears finding a job and an actual occupation did not seem like a particularly bad idea. It was natural, though, was it not? To live, one often needed some kind of job, this one even used to have one in the past, albeit it strongly aligned with Avasi's own preferences and interests.

"I am..." Avasi paused, realizing that the question had actually been a stumping one. "I am a traveler, just like you." this one nodded, finding this the most suitable answer. "Not currently actually employed... though, I guess you could also call me a scholar." a shrug soon followed. "I would honestly employ you, if I had the funds to do that."

Ice

Phears looked ahead  as they continued to walk down the street. He noted that more people were starting to gather . He figured that they may have been getting done with their jobs . That or if was lunch or break time. Either way it made him feel rather uncomfortable. He then focus his attention back on the man as he spoke again.

What the male said made him smirk. Here he was telling him that he should have a job when the man did not have one himself. However phears would keep quite about that for the moment. " I see . You know being a traveler can be a sort of job. " He then smiled softly at what he said next. " Heh thank you." He said to him now.

egoistic

Having taken a notice of the gathering of people, or rather, the fact that the streets have grown considerably more populated over a short period of time, this one seemed to grow even more enthusiastic. It wasn't as though the idea of having so many people was intriguing, it was the fact that seeing more people around would grant Avasi a chance to observe them easier.

At the same time, unaware of Phears's beliefs or thoughts, this one carried on as normal. The suggestion to look for a job felt pretty natural from Avasi's perspective, after all, it would have solved some of the problems of Phears, or, would at least grant him a chance to work on them. On the other hand, Avasi's reasoning was left unvoiced, as soon, a sharp turn was chosen and rather than walking some sort of a flat surface, the new direction led uphill, towards a seemingly more reclusive area. "With this many people out and about, it feels like our chances of having some quiet in some sort of establishment are pretty low. Have you ever simply watched people go about their lives from afar?"

Ice

Phears watched as the people walked past then. He got a few looks but he didn't really mind. As the man had mentioned he was a sight to behold. He then followed the man as he turned. He was thankful to be getting out of the crowd. People always made him nervous.

He heard what was said and he smiled. He did watch others but that was because he was trying to find a human to be his prey. " I agree. Actually yes I find watching others can tell you a lot about them." He said softly.

egoistic

Avasi's stride continued uphill, as this one kept on leading onward. It wasn't that this one felt uncomfortable, as opposed to Phears, it simply felt like a better idea to not mix in with the people going about their daily lives. Avasi simply aimed to see if they could find a tad more reclusive area, with a good view of populated streets. Grateful for an almost instinctual urge to head upwards, this one soon found just the right location. It was just by a corner of a graveyard - a nice, tranquil place.

"I must agree. There is much you can learn from simply spectating people go about their lives." simply settling down with no real fear or worry for own garbs, Avasi gestured to the side, offering Phears to also take a seat. "I do so because it is my occupation." pausing to specify this one continued. "Spectate others, I mean. I am not employed by anyone but myself. Over a while, I have come to realize that humans can be just as terrifying as any monster and monsters can be more humane than any other creatures. It is up to us to choose our own paths."

Ice

Phears was following the man uphill. Considering that he floated instead of walked this was not a very hard task for him to do. He was happy to be out of that crowd. Touching someone hurt the creature and he had learned to simply avoid it if he could. Though when he wanted to feed on fear he had to touch others. Yes it hurt but he never had much choice. As they said no pain no gain.

He then heard what the man was saying. Well he was happy that he had that in common with the man. He then saw the man wanted to sit down. Phears carefully did so. This is where the man might notice that he was floating about. " That is very interesting. I agree with you on that. Sometimes human are truly evil and some monster are good. Or at least want to be." He said softly. The growl was still in his voice though it was not as bad as it was before .

egoistic

Curiously enough, Avasi did not seem to take a notice of the the fact Phears floated, or, well, at least didn't exhibit any clear signs of having notice, such a gasp of surprise or amazement. Instead, this one focused on the situation at hand, with attention drawn outwards, to the sight of the populated street, rather than the new companion.

"In the first place, who decided that humans are inherently good and monsters are evil?" after a brief glance to Phears to the side, Avasi would continue. "While there might be a spark of good and evil within everyone, the world isn't as kind as to be simply black and white. It is more gray than anything." stating own point, Avasi smiled. "It is up to us to forge our own path and live out where it leads."

Soon afterwards, though, this one would glance to the side again and proceed to fiddle with the satchel. Placing the journal, inkwell and quill to the side, Avasi would seem to retrieve an oddly large vial, seemingly the size of an adult human male's hand. The vial seemed to contain some form of an amber-colored liquid. Without much of hesitation, Avasi soon held it out to Phears. "I did promise you a drink, though."

Ice

Phears was quite as he listened to what the man was saying. He knew one thing. If told this man why most were afraid of those like him he would likely run. Or think that phears was a crazy man. Though he knew that the truth would have to come out eventually.

" Well there is something I should tell you. Something that you may not like. I do evil things because I am forced to. I have to hunt humans to feed on their fear. Its what those like me do." He said now as the man dug in his bag. He was not certain what the man would say to his statement. He just hoped he did not go nuts over it.

egoistic

Avasi simply smiled on, as the large vial was placed on the ground rather than handed over. Having heard what Phears had to say, this one could only raise a brow, as the fact that Avasi's initial instincts that the cloaked creature was interesting were correct. Feed on fear? Curious. Apparently there were more like him too. It was, perhaps, odd, from the perspective of another, but as human-like as Avasi was, the reality was different - perhaps that's exactly why this one seemed more amused by this revelation than anything.

"Just to confirm. This is not some kind of joke, is it?" while Avasi felt like the new acquaintance was truthful, the statement could still be very much a joke, regardless, little time was given for an actual confirmation and the question remained more rhetorical than anything. "Do you actually assault these people? Hurt them? Tear them apart or cripple them?"

Ice

Phears looked at the odd man now. He did not seem afraid when phears to him about himself a little. he heard him ask if he was joking. One could only  wish that he was joking about what he had said. Though be fore he said anything the man asked his next questions. Now why did he want to know that? Oh well he would still give a honest answer.

" I don't hurt them physically but I do hurt them. Some die of fright and others just go crazy. Depends on how long I hold then while using my powers." He esaid now. He frowned and just watch the man carefully.

egoistic

In the case of Avasi, it was pure curiosity - the newly met existence, Phears, was unlike anything this one had ever met before, thus, it was a question of pure curiosity. Regardless, the mention of death and insanity caused Avasi's features to grow dull. No longer smiling, this one curiously glanced over at the new acquaintance, not saying anything for a while longer. It was not fear that was displayed, more akin to... concern?

Indeed, this one did possess an expression of worry, though, not for self, but for another. And precisely then, Avasi's silence broke. "I see. That is grim." truthfully, there was very little that Avasi had actually feared at this point, after all, actual humanity had become a term long since unrelated to this one's existence.

And while aware of the seriousness of the situation, Avasi smiled. Rather than proceeding with a joyful smile, it was a slight, somber one, as if to further enhance the expression of worry. "Then... how exactly do you feed? What do you feed on? The emotion of fear? Some sort of substance secreted by the emotion, or?"

Ice

Phears saw the expression on the man's face. He could understand being worried. However if phears had wanted to hurt him he would have harmed him by now. He was not in the mood to harm anyone. He was  not hungry yet.
He then headed what the man asked. That would be a little hard to explain. There was a certain aura that one gave off when they felt emotions. That is what he fed on . The very feeling that scarring someone gave him.

" I suppose that you could say I feed off the emotion itself. The feeling that fear gives others is what makes me stinger." He said softly. He was not sure how else to explain that.

egoistic

"I see, I see." Avasi dully commented, now holding onto the journal again, this one scribbled. At first it was some generic notes in regards to Phears and his traits, then, a rough sketch of form of Phears seemed to gradually form on the pages. One could say that Avasi wasted no time and immediately chose to prepare some notes. "This is unlike anything I have ever heard, do you belong to some form of species?" this one asked while working on the notes.

Notably, the expression of Avasi had once again softened. While the smile remained thin, there was no real expression of worry. Of course, it was rather tragic, as this one would imagine. From what Avasi has managed to gather so far, it felt like Phears was not very keen on actually feeding, of course, this one could have always been wrong. "Ah." Avasi uttered as a sketch silhouette of a cloaked figure found its way on journal's pages. "You wouldn't be planning on feeding on me, would you?"

Ice

Phears noted that the man was writing now. He did not really mind that. However he was one of those who could not write. He shook way too much when he would try. He then glanced at him when the next question was asked. " I am what is called a dolor vonatorum . It means fear eater in our language." He said to him now. His kind had strange ways of speaking to each other.

He could see that he did not seem so worried now. He was happy for that. Then he heard what was asked. Phears was not going to hurt this one. No he actually liked this man. " No . I don't hurt those that I consider to be ... kind to me." He said pausing to find the right word.

egoistic

And so the name of the strange kind was uttered... Dolor vonatorum. Avasi, yet again, had to shamefully admit that this one had a complete lack of knowledge about these creatures. Were they some form of mutated creatures? Or perhaps just a tribe of specific beings, or perhaps a whole new species altogether? Avasi guessed that Phears, likely, didn't know an answer to that himself. As the creature before this one did not seem to question his origin much and seemed to consider some things natural, Avasi's curiosity was left unvoiced. Instead, more notes were taken.

"Hmmm? Is that so?" displaying pure, untamed curiosity, Avasi spoke. "Then. I appreciate that. I too like you, you seem one of a kind. Oddly... kind of a supposed devourer of fear." while this one spoke plainly, there were some hints of slight teasing in the voice. "What kind of people do you usually prey on?"

Ice

Phears watched the man for a few seconds. He then glanced off to the streets that were visible from the hill that they were on. He then heard what was said next. He had to think about the question for a second or two. He then looked to the man with a smile. " I feed on those who want to hurt me or do me wrong. Unless I am desperate. " He said softly. When he desperately all were fair game. Except for those who he considered to be his friend.

egoistic

Avasi had lightly nodded. Seemingly scribbling on the paper once more, this one took more notes. Oddly enough, all of the notes that Avasi took were in-between preparation of a sketch of Phears. Seemingly not minding multitasking at all, this one carried on. Finally. The sketch was finished as a cloaked figures silhouette was complete. Of course, not keeping much from Phears, Avasi's notes were in full sight.

"I see. Then..." muttering but a few words this time, Avasi looked up from the journal. "Some may argue that there are means of protecting yourself without harming others, yet running away is not always an option. So. Tell me. Do you truly believe that protecting yourself is evil?"

Ice

Phears looked at the man as he took his notes. He had always considered himself to be one of those that no one wanted to be near. His very presence was enough to strike fear into the hearts of most. Though this man did not seem to care. It made him feel a bit calmer then normal. Maybe that was why they got along so well.

He looked at the man with his glowing red eyes. He heard what was said and knew that the man was correct. But there was no fun in always trying to avoid trouble. " You are right. I have been consider evil for so long that I have come to believe that I am. Of course when you enjoy hearing you foes scream that might be evil. Everyone has their own opinion though." He said. He knew he did not directly answer the question. It was something that he did when he did not have an answer.

egoistic

At this point, it didn't take Avasi all that long to complete the notes - for the time being, at least. Carefully placing the journal, inkwell and the quill aside, this one glanced forward, towards the streets oh-so populated with the people at this point. While, perhaps, it was a bit unfair towards Phears, that Avasi did not quite explain one's own reasoning to not quite be bothered by the seeming monster by the side, yet, Avasi found an excuse in the fact that Phears had simply not asked.

"I do not believe that you are truly evil. As I said before, the world is filled with more hues grey than pure white or black. Things are rarely as they seem." Avasi explained, perhaps even referring to the current situation. "At the same time, there are certain traits, such as sadism, which, perhaps, may be the reason why someone would enjoy screams of another." continuing on with the explanation, this one soon gave an understanding smile. "Of course, it is quite often justified to see the one who has hurt you suffer."