Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Is something wrong ? ( Egoistic)

Started by Ice, July 20, 2016, 04:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice

Phears too was looking at the street  now. He was also listing to the man as he was speaking. He was sure that maybe what the man said was true. However the world tended to not see it that way.  " You are one of the few who don't. I suppose you are right. You know if the rest of the world thought like you then those like me would not have to hide." Phears said. He was glad though that he did not really bother the man yet. Though he had not seen his face yet. He wondered if he should show him. Perhaps not yet. Maybe when the subject came up again. If it did.

egoistic

The reason behind the views of Avasi was quite simple, really. It wasn't as simple as to claim that this one was simply a learned existence, however. Of course, while education had quite a bit to do with the views of Avasi, there was also the factor of experience. Several years upon years of experience, to be specific. Ironically, while experienced, this one had a massive flaw of being outdated, regarding the events of the world. In-fact, this could be considered the third factor - curiosity.

"Well. I doubt that there are many with my view of the world, rather, I don't think there are any. I'm simply that uncommon of an existence." Avasi sneered. Admittedly, this one was not at all different from Phears, when it came to... well... being different. Different from the humans, to be specific.

"As ignorant as people may be, however, I believe that it is our actions that impact the view of others. A vengeful god is often considered to be an evil one, while a benevolent, forgiving one is a good one, to illustrate the idea."

Ice

Phears was something carefully to the man. He got the feeling that there was something different about this man. Maybe he was more like phears then phears thought. Maybe he was not a human like phears thought. Theese thoughts were pushed away as phears decide to focus on the current conversation.

" Well it is those who are different that make the world interesting.otherwise it would be a very boring place." He said softly . He then moved his hands to where they were on his lap. If the other man looked closely he could probably see that his hands had a skeleton like look to then even though the gloves.

egoistic

And Avasi was indeed someone, something a tad different. Nonetheless, though this one didn't really consider it a major secret, it still was not something to be freely stated, even if to not attract unnecessary attention or appear self-important. Avasi very well knew one's own value, thus, there was very little reason to prove self to others for no reason. Regardless, there were many things that could be considered... off bout Avasi. Be it the skin color, the slightly malformed ears, or perhaps the fact that there was just no real way to tell this one's gender and be completely sure of it.

"Indeed." this one commented before reaching out to nudge the large vial. "I almost completely forgot about this. You may have some, if you wish, it's nothing spectacular, just... lukewarm tea by now." leaving the vial be somewhere between self and Phears, Avasi glanced onward again. "I'll agree with you. If everyone was the same everywhere, it would be pointless for me to wander anywhere, now wouldn't it?"

Ice

Phears was aware of the way this man appeared a little off. However there were a lot of people who were off. He never judged one by looks and actions. No he judged by personality more or less. Maybe not the best way to do it but phears never did thing in the best ways.

Phears heard the man speaking now. He saw him nudge the vial and say what was inside. " Okay thank you. There would be no point at all. Here. Maybe this will help." He said.  With that he took a couple cups from his robe. They were clean and a beautiful sapphire color.

He held one out to the man.  " They are clean. I have a few of these. You can have one to use if you want. Actually I would let you keep it if you wanted. As a ... friendly ...thing." he said softly.he was not sure what words he wanted to use at that moment.  Phears was very often at a loss for words.

egoistic

Avasi would merely offer a friendly smile, as a cup was offered. That was strange. This one could swear that the new acquaintance had simply pulled it from inside the cloak. How extremely uncommon! That was almost like Avasi's own satchel, but then again, this one chose to not dwell upon it much. It was, perhaps, simply how Phears kept his belongings - close. He was a wanderer, much like Avasi, which, once Avasi thought about it, would explain why Phears might keep things the way he did.

"I see. Thank you." reaching out to grasp the cup, this one soon uncorked the vial. The fragrance would have spread further, had it been at least warm, however, by now, the beverage had seemed to have grown lukewarm, barely carrying any real smell, unless brought up close. Pouring some into the offered cup, Avasi would try to reach to pour some into the other cup that Phears had pulled out. Of course, it was a slightly difficult thing to do, granted the difference in height, thus, this one had simply hoped for some cooperation from the so-called monster.

Ice

Phears smiled from beneath his hood. He carried things in the many pockets that were inside his robe. He saw the man take the cup he offered. He then saw him reach for the other cup. Oh yeah he forgot to hold that one lower. " I'm sorry." He said now. He held the cup lower to where he could reach it. Phears was careful not to touch him with his hand. That was how his fear power was activated. Though you. Plus it hurt him.

egoistic

Avasi did not seem to particularly be bothered by the lack of reach, instead, this one simply smiled as the cup was lowered. "Thank you." was uttered as the rest of the flask was simply emptied on Phear's mug. Avasi soon corked the container back up before simply ditching it into the satchel, as the vial had seemed to simply disappear in a surprising, seemingly not particularly large space.

"Now then." raising own mug, Avasi held it out. "Not quite the right beverage to toast with, as some would say, but it's still a tradition in some places." now holding out the mug to Phears in order to... well, clink them, this one continued "To new friends."

Ice

Phears smiled as the man thanked him. He was one of those creature who used what little manners he had. When the time called for it that is. As the man put the vial away he noted how it seemed to simply disposed . He did not say nothing though.

He listened as the man spoke about a toast. He gently clinked his glass with the man's. " Indeed to new friends." He said with a smile. Phears was happy that the man seemed to like him. He did not have many friends.

egoistic

Avasi too could not boast many friends either, if this one had to share. In-fact, granted that Avasi had only recently regained some sentience and started wandering about, Phears was probably the only one Avasi had seemed to call a friend. Strange as it was, it was also a tad endearing. First friend was quite the unique existence. Especially one that happens to be a fear-devouring entity.

Regardless, raising the cup up to lips, Avasi would take a sip. The flavor was quite plain one, yet nonetheless, appealing - a fairly common herbal flavor with some honey-induced sweetness. "You mentioned that you too traveled. Are there any locations you greatly enjoyed visiting?"

Ice

Phears was not one who made friends very good. He was more of a loner who just never stayed around for very long at a time. There for he never had the time to really  get to know anyone. So he was quite happy to get that opportunity now.

He smiled as the man too sail of the tea. He sniffed his drink carefully before tasting it. It was habit of his from times when others wanted to posin him. Not that one could always smell that sort of thing. One would probably call phears strange for doing things like that. Better strange then dead.

" Well I have been to the northern places. Their cities are quite large there. Though they hate those who use magic there." He said with a thoughtful tone now.

egoistic

Ultimately, friends were not the strong point of Avasi. Certainly, this one had no problem interacting with just about anyone, but that was about it. To Avasi everyone was the same. Humans, monsters, other kind of creatures. They were all opportunities to learn something new by meeting someone new. It was that simple. Of course, friends opened paths for whole new different opportunities, yet it wasn't all that easy to maintain bonds with people without truly being close to them. Wandering around had that kind of flaw.

Given that the liquid was far from hot, Avasi didn't quite bother with taking sips. Instead, gulping down the remnant of liquid, this one held the empty mug and examined it from different angles. It was quite interesting. "I see. What are these northern lands called again? Their name seems to elude me."

Ice

Phears listened as the man spoke. He saw that he was looking at his glass. He noted to himself that the man was always seemed to observe things. That was a good trait to have if you wanted to travel. Even he watched the actions of others very closely. Though that was more for finding a good victim then anything else.

" I think they were called connlaoth " he said as he gave the question some thought.

egoistic

It was Avasi's nature to observe things, after all. The mug did have a relatively pretty color, if this one had to admit, but that was a less relevant thing. The things that Avasi had actually focused on were the craftsmanship, how worn was the mug and so on. It was the qualities that told its story rather than simply explained appearance.

"Connlaoth, I see." rather than writing down, it seemed like Avasi made a mental note. "Sounds quite interesting. I should probably avoid the land without meeting any locals first."

Soon enough dropping the cup into the satchel, seeing how Phears had requested that Avasi kept the mug, this one peered back at the creature to the side. "Come to think. How old are you? Does your kind boast longevity?"

Ice

Phears nodded at the man's words. he knew that the northern lands were very wary of magical beings. He also knew that they were  know to try to imprison such beings.  " Well it might be best to avoid them if you are a maid user. They don't like magic very good there" he said softly now.

He was then asked a question by the man. He had to give the question some thought before he answered it.h e then smiled and looked at the man.  " I am over three hundred years old. I know that. I stopped counting several years ago though." He said with a slight laugh.

egoistic

"Yes, perhaps I will stay away from this "Connlaoth" for now." Avasi nodded with a slight smile. Truth to be told, this one had no clue what category this one fell into. Yet, perhaps, if Connlaothi? Connlaothian? Connlaoths? had little love for magic, Avasi's presence as something not entirely human would disturb them.

"I'll admit that's a bit strange. I took you for someone younger." Avasi admitted, though followed with a tiny laugh. "I guess looks can certainly be deceiving. I could be an ancient duck deity in disguise." in-fact, even if the statement was somewhat ironical, this one spoke with such certainty that someone might have even taken the statement seriously.

Ice

Phears listened as the man spoke. It was always nice when someone thought that he was younger. It kind of made him feel good. Though sometimes it was also a bad thing to be called young. What the man said next somehow struck phears as funny. Many it was the thought of a ghostly duck floating about. He always did have an odd since of humor.

Holding back a laugh he smiled at the man. " Well my kind ages slowly. looks can indeed be deceiving . That's why I always am careful around others. Never know who or what they really are." He said now.

egoistic

Avasi cared quite little to hold back own laugh. A chuckle seemed to follow after a serious expression and a completely absurd statement. It was exactly that - absurd. Animalistic deities and some kind of guardian spirits were a thing among some people, but somehow existence of a very specific duck deity was ridiculous.

"What about fear?" this one brought back a more plain, tad serious expression before explaining the question. "If you feed on fear, are you capable of fearing something yourself? Let alone feeding on your own fear."

Ice

Phears smile when the man gave a chuckle. It was pretty funny to him too it seemed. Then the man asked a question that made him kind of frown. Indeed there was something that he fears. However he had yet to meet some on who was afraid of the same thing as he. Touch was what scared him. Mostly because it hurt him. Except for when he was using his powers or mating.

" Well i have yet to meet someone who is scared of being touched. I only fear it because it hurts me." He said now. Not much hurt creatures as powerful as he was but that did.

egoistic

Avasi merely heard out the words of the colossal (height-wise, from Avasi's own perspective) creature. If this one truly had to admit, it was not like Phears was actually evil, it was more that his circumstances were tad tragic and didn't quite allow him as much as he may have deserved.

"I see." this one frowned a tad. "Well, how fortunate that I didn't insist on a handshake then. Wouldn't want my new friend getting hurt like that." again, it was a tad joking remark, even though it might have been a bit too much. "Your own fear does not impact you in any special way, does it?"