Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sure, I Can be a Guide (Elector Count of WAAAGH!) (Closed)

Started by JackieCat, July 29, 2016, 08:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Faelis glanced at the quickly darkening sky. "It's starting to get a bit dark, shall we stop for the night?"

Even though elves could see well in the dark, and some dwarves could as well, it would still be wise to rest now and set up camp before night truly fell.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"What's wrong elgi?" Chuckled the dwarf. "Scared of the dark?"

JackieCat

"Hardly," Faelis chuckled, he almost lived at night, at least in cities when that was the best time to swipe stuff from mansions and castles.  "But it's safer to travel during the day and have a watch out at night.  If we were to travel at night, we'd be louder, and any animals, or, more importantly, monsters, that are out only at night would be more likely to hear us and attack."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"I supposed that's a sound idea." the dwarf said thoughtfully. "So where would you suggest we camp fur the night?"

JackieCat

Faelis glanced around, then stepped off of the trail and into the trees.  He ducked behind a pile of boulders, only to step out again a moment later.

"Here!" he called to the dwarf.  "It's mostly hidden from the road, but close enough so creatures are less likely to come near."  He motioned to the boulders. "And the rocks block the wind."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The dwarf followed his guide. "Afraid of a little breeze elgi?" Laughed the dwarf as he followed.

JackieCat

"I would rather be comfortable," Faelis said. "And if it were to rain, I would rather be blocked from most of the gale.  Besides, they will hide our fire from the road, and the thick tree cover will conceal the smoke, and the wind will blow the smoke away from the road so no one will be able to smell it."

He motioned off deeper into the forest. "Of course, the creatures in the woods will be able to smell it, but the fire will keep away most non-magical animals.  The magical ones wouldn't need a fire to find us, and it most definitely won't keep them away.  The safest thing is to set a guard."

As he spoke he gathered branches and logs from the surrounding wood, and he dumped them in a pile behind the boulders.  He pulled a flint and steel from his pocket and struck them together, creating a spark which drifted down and alighted on the pine needles the elf had piled under the sticks.

He swung his pack of his shoulder and rolled out his bedroll, sitting upon it as he stoked the fire.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The dwarf chuckled as he looked around. Eyeing a nearby tree, he went over there. With a grunt, he hoped up, and started to scale the tree.

A few more grunts later, he had disappeared into the canopy, but his grunts still could be heard, accompanied by the rustling of the tree branches.

JackieCat

Faelis raised an eyebrow at the dwarf as he started up the tree.

"Well, that's a thing I've not often seen," he called up, smiling. "A dwarf who can climb!  Some dwarves hardly want to come out of the ground!"

(OOC: Do you think I could make the thread private?)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Don't get used to it elgi." said the dwarf from the tree branch. "If it isn't for the fact that it's safer to keep things up here, I wouldn't be bothering with this nonsense of "climbing."

Minutes later, the dwarf slide back down the tree. He turned around from the tree, seemingly more comfortable, now that he was standing on solid ground.

"Yes, it's quite undwarven like for my kind to do such a thing." said the dwarf with a chuckle. "But when it comes to survival, we rangers do whatever it takes to get it done. That, and fighting too!"

(Sure)

JackieCat

Faelis nodded. "If you want to survive you can't be picky."

He rummaged around in his pack for a moment before pulling out a small paper package.  he unwrapped it, revealing dried meats.  He took one for himself and offered another to the dwarf.

"I just bought it today," he said.  "Dried food can get a little boring after you've been traveling for weeks, but this stuff's pretty good."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor