Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Another Day, Another Hustle [open]

Started by Fukurou, August 07, 2016, 12:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fukurou

((OOC: @Elector Count of WAAAGH! ))

"Now now," Zaryn purred as he leaned up against the market stall. A gold necklace dangled from his hands, its deep blue jewel glimmering brilliantly in the light of the sun. "Why would I ever dare to lie to you?"

"You kidding me?" The merchant scoffed. "There's no way in hell that thing belonged to an ancient Shah. Absolutely no way."

"Oh, but it did, my dear friend." His electric blue eyes glimmered as the grin widened across his face. "Went through hell and back to get it. Look, I'm cuttin' you a fantastic deal. Just imagine how much profit you can make off of this. You'll be set for life."

"I dunno..." The merchant crossed his tanned arms and eyed the jewelry suspiciously. "It just seems so... Fishy."

"You're probably smelling the fish from that market stall over there." He nodded in the direction of the stall across the way and leaned in, his expression looking rather serious. "Look. This thing here is probably worth a couple thousand gold and all I'm asking for is eight hundred."

"I don't think so..."

"Okay then," Zaryn said as he straightened himself up. "Your loss. I'll be taking my business elsewhere." As the towered warrior walked away from the stand, the merchant wavered an called out to him. Zaryn quickly spun around, exchanged the jewelry for a fat pouch of gold, and sauntered away with proud grin painted across his face.

This city was filled with suckers.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Josef was about the market looking for supplies... and possible information. He was dressed in clothing more suitable for the harsher conditions of Essyrn, but he still stood out considering his outlook and height. It didn't bother him too much to know he stood out, no one really paid attention to him, all he was here for was rations...

Fukurou

Being a massive creature--even for human standards--occasionally lead to Zaryn accidentally trampling over people under four feet tall. In this instance, he was too busy counting the coins in his pouch to notice the dwarf who was perusing the market stalls.

A resounding "hmph" filled the air as Zaryn felt his long legs crash against something hard yet squishy. Startled, the towering warrior tore his eyes away from the coins in hand and glanced around the crowd. Confusion painted his face as he saw no sign of the person he had ran into.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Fukurou

"Huh? Oh!" Zaryn glanced down and saw a dwarf under foot. A grin spread across his face as he crouched down to meet the dwarf at eye-level. "Hey sorry 'bout that. Kinda hard to see all the way up there."

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Then be mindful next time. If it were my kin, you would have an axe lounged in your private parts." grunted the dwarf.

Fukurou

Zaryn chuckled. "The smaller the people, the feistier they get, eh? Well, I would like my private parts axe-free, so I'll be sure to look down more often."

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Good." the Dwarf grunted before going back and looking at what he was looking at before he was rudely interrupted.

Fukurou

Zaryn followed the dwarf's gaze. "Is there something you need help with?"

Terminal-JS

Athos muttered something under his breath as he strode in the market searching for possibly a nice pouch of gold. He rubbed his hands together, a ever so slightly smile making it's way across his face, in hope of finding some good coin around here. It was most busy this hour of day.

His eyes seemed to gaze left and right through his mask. He wore a leather jacket above his white shirt, although with a bandanna that wrapped around the collar of his leather jacket. He wore brown breeches, and leather boots that didn't make a sound as he stepped softly.

When he noticed a rather large- no, tall figure standing among in the crowd. He was quite tall. Hmm . . . maybe he has something worth while, seems like a traveler such as I. Athos thought to himself, a evil grin melted to his face.

When he was within ten feet away, pretending to talk to a merchant, he kept one eye on the tall figure that was talking to something- someone. A dwarf in these parts? That is rather odd. I never knew even dwarf travelers would go here. It surprised him for the moment, but he had to admit, there are lot's of travelers along the roads. It seems as the years go by, the roads become more crowded.

Athos made his way to the tall man, and noticed a pouch he had. Seemed pretty stuffed. He eyed it and slipped past the tall man, grabbing the pouch gracefully and quietly. Athos hastened his pace, although not such a pace that would attract the suspicious eye.

Fukurou

Zaryn felt the pouch of gold fall from his grasp. Luckily, having been a skilled guerrilla warrior in a dense swampland for over a century helped to develop a keen eye for things, especially in places as "barren" as Essyrn.

"Excuse me," Zaryn said as he pushed himself off the ground. A dark smirk cracked across his face as he watched the masked figure scurry away. "I seemed to have dropped my coin purse."

The towering warrior tore himself away, his long strides carrying him easily through the crowded corridors of the city after the thief. As he approached the hooded man, he clasped on to his shoulder as let out a hardy laugh. "Hey there, pal. It seems you've accidentally picked up the wrong coin purse." Zaryn's eyes glimmered as he gave the figure a wide smile. Oddly enough, he wasn't necessarily mad at the guy for attempting to rob him. In fact, he was rather amused by his chutzpah. People usually don't try to piss off seven-foot trained killers, after all.

"Ya coulda asked if you were so desperate, ya know," Zaryn continued, his massive stature blocking the sun and casting a long shadow over the smaller man. "I may have given ya some. Or maybe not. Who knows."

Terminal-JS

Athos sighed, sadly the tall figure he had caught him stealing. But the fact was- he wasn't mad. A bit surprising.

"Hmm, I really don't feel like giving this back." The deep, yet harsh voice spoke behind the mask. "So, what brings a tall kind fellow like you?" Athos folded his arms after pushing the hand that had grasped his shoulder. "I always like a good story you know."

Fukurou

"Well, I don't really feel like giving it up, so it looks like we've come to a disagreement." Zaryn bent over the man, smiling wildly as he tightened his grip on the man's shoulder. "Here's this: how bout I let you keep a quarter of it for your effort of stealing. You know what a quarter is, right?"

As the scene drew on, people started to stop and take notice, for Zaryn tended to talk as though he was half-def.

Terminal-JS

"Okay okay, quarter's good." Athos mumbled. He have him most of gold, but keeping a quarter of it. "There, happy with that?" Athos pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to the tall man. "Well, let's just say that you can find me at the tavern sometime, that is of course if you are looking for some work needed done."

With that he seemed to slip away in a alley.

Fukurou

Zaryn smirked and pocketed the note. What an interesting fellow, he thought to himself. Perhaps he'll stake him out a bit later at the tavern.

The warrior turned and marched back over to the dwarf. "Sorry bout that. Anyway, need help?"

ShadowRune

Jintare Virnelis watched the scene with interested eyes as it unfolded, the tall stranger catching the smaller one trying to steal from him, the dwarf giving a thinly veiled threat of castration, and the crowd gathering to watch the scene. As for Jintare, he had another idea. This tall one was rather odd, and looked as if he had experience out adventuring. Maybe he had need for a scout or partner, so Jintare took his chances, drew his shadow magic around him to cloak his features, and give him a slightly ethereal look before strutting right up to the tall one, a foot taller than even Jintare.

"Hey there stranger, I haven't seen you around before. Is there any chance, with a coinpurse like that, that you may be looking to hire a scout? And hello to you, dwarf."

Fukurou

"Oooh! Now that's a fun party trick," Zaryn said with a wide smile as the shadowy figure appeared before him. "You a mage or somethin'? Well anyway, I'm not looking to hire anyone you see, but I guess I could use some help with a contract."

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The dwarf silently slipped into the crowed, disappearing under all the legs...

Terminal-JS