Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What does your username mean?

Started by Rhindeer, August 10, 2016, 01:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Just a fun, silly thread. 8D WHAT DOES YOUR USERNAME MEAN? What's its history or significance? Is there a story behind it?

SHARE! 8D

For myself, I have been using Rhi-Rhi here forever...but I use Viscount Rhi-Rhi everywhere else, so I decided to make it match because I've just been lazy forever. xD But basically, Rhi-Rhi is a silly nickname (Rhiannon's my real name), and it's a feminine name. Whereas Viscount is a masculine title. The mixture of masculine and feminine suits me since I'm genderfluid.

And it's Viscount because I just think it sounds cool. >_> Even though it's a really minor rank and lower on the rank scale than Count. I just think Viscount sounds cooler than Count, lmao.

And I picked Viscount 'cause all my buddies at the time were picking titles to put before their usernames just for silly funtimes. And then I just started using it everywhere because it's never taken. 8D
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

egoistic

Well that's a pretty cool idea.

I'm Egoistic because I am a horrible person.

Well no, not really.

In my case, it's a fairly new name, one that I've only adopted give or take a few months. It all started with an argument with a friend. She had claimed to be a really altruistic person and, at the same, I've been really upset with her, so I've started using name "Egoistic" everywhere and I liked the sound of that. It stuck.

Am I a horribly selfish person? I don't know. You decide. But I like the way the word sounds.

Rhindeer

Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

egoistic

I KNOW! RIGHT?! I was actually afraid it'd make people feel uncomfortable or stray away from me, but it doesn't seem to be the case. And that's pretty awesome.

visualspice

Right now my user name is Spicyspice, but I normally use Visualspice- which is a title I've created for myself when I was in art school to sort of 'brand' myself and my artwork/ portfolio. The name has since stuck, cause I think it still applies today and is kind of cool to think that now, my job is a cookie artist, so the moniker still applies XD

Spicyspice is just a fun spin off of Visualspice, as I'm pretty much Visualspice everywhere, but I've been called Spicyspice here XD
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Medievarad

Heretic King

Good old title one of my characters I remade here recieved in the past.

The other name I use on RoTE, is ARAD V1.0 - In other rare cases, this is ARAD PRIME

And it was a very old name for one of my characters from way back when. I enjoyed making droids for RP. ARAD stood for  Advanced Reconnaissance & Assault droid. V1.0 was the first of the series, same for Prime, indicating the first made.

DragonSong

Lol.

Everyone has awesome stories/reason, and I'm over here like, "Well...I like dragons! And music! WHEEE!"

Fukurou

Fukurou is Japanese for "owl" and I just really like owls. lol.

Cheesigator

Originally my username was PurpleCheeseStick, because I like the color purple and cheese sticks are one of my favorite foods. (As in cheesy bread, but I call them cheese sticks.) But that was really long to type out, so people shortened it and nicknamed me "Cheesy" on various places I went.

Then I finally picked out a fursona/persona for myself, which is an alligator, and everyone started smooshing the two together as Cheesy Gator or Cheesigator, and there you have it :v

Klezmer Gryphon

My username on SotE was originally Clever-Fox, but I changed it after a while because "Klezmer Gryphon" appealed to me more (also, my fursona is a gryphon and I like klezmer music xD). It's now become my default username almost everywhere I RP.

Wicked Basket

Most of you all know me as Wicked Basket, but I just changed that recently as you can clearly see. Not quite sure what I was going for with that, but I never changed it because I felt like having to inform everyone of the name change was going to be too meticulous, but whatever. I did it anyway.

ANYWAAAAAAYYYYYY

You're probably all curious as to the whole 'Dingbat' thing. Well that involves a story.

You see, I work at Walmart. One weekend we had to set up what called a Table Event, which is basically a bunch of items sitting on a table so that customers can see them and we can show them off. However, they were expensive things that someone would surely try to steal. So, Walmart decided that in order to stop this from happening that an associate would have to stand by that table constantly to make sure nothing was stolen. I, of course, was lucky enough to be one of those associates.

Needless to say it was boring as hell. One day I had to stand at that damn table for 6 hours straight having to honestly (and incredibly awkwardly) explain to anyone that came to me for help that I was not allowed to move from my spot. One such of these people was an elderly woman looking for a particular movie. You see, we have a list of all the movies that we carry, so if a customer is looking for a specific one we can tell them whether or not we have it without spending the next 15 minutes looking through all of our DVD's in order to find it. However, I wasn't allowed to move. I informed the woman of this and she responded with "Seriously?" Luckily my department manager swooped in to assist her and back me up in telling her that I could not, in fact, move from where I was standing.

After all was said and done and the woman found her movie, I overheard her talking to my department manager. It was then that I heard her say that I was "just standing there like a dingbat". I had no idea what the hell that was supposed to mean, but everyone I told thought it was absolutely hilarious. Needless to say, I took to it very quickly. I started becoming my username on many things and even my Steam ID.

So yeah. I'm Dingbat because on old lady called me a dingbat. Dingbats are also word puzzles that I quite enjoy, so there's that too.

Darcy

I literally named myself after one of the main characters in Pride & Prejudice. Which is one of my favorite movies/books.

I didn't want to use my usual username (which is my fursona's and the one I use on most other sites)  because I wanted to kind of make a different name for myself?

Mr. Darcy is just the first thing that came to mind and made me giggle so I stuck with it.

Blink

On almost every forum I have been a member of I have used Blinkeh. It was a nickname I was granted in highschool when my friends blinkers went out on his mom's mini van. They kept going off so I just kept saying... Blinkeh...Blinkeh...Blinkeh...Blinkeh... etc. And hence the name was born!

I usually either use Blinkeh or SLAM... SLAM being my initials with my maiden name.

And well yeah... thats the story of The Blink.... THE END

ValamLym

Mine is actually a skyrim dragon name, good luck figuring out what it means though. I completely forgot how I even got to it.

Kalak8538

Mine is actually the name of a Larp character of mine.
The number was just an old PIN that they made us use in middle school. It doesn't do anything anymore, but it's easy for me to remember (still stuck in my head)

SanctifiedSavage

Idly responding to old topic

Long, long time ago, I was going to join a starwars RP. It was new and fancy and shiny, and I wanted a new and fancy name that wasn't associated to, say, my fantasy rp stuff. I also wanted a name I could use that wouldn't pop up with the whole "that name is taken" other places. I messed around with a lot of opposite-ish names, cause I liked the idea of it. Eventually, through thesaurus-ing and creativity, I came upon SanctifiedSavage. I loved it so much, I've been using it for the better part of.... err.... years. 5+

I used to go by Countess because I thought it was a pretty title. Just something I liked. However >_> In a lot of places, that particular name is taken. Hence me wanting something that would be uniquely mine.

anderswasright

Anders was Right

A Dragon Age play on "Magneto was Right" that means I support mage freedom and I cheered when the Chantry boom happened XD Then I proceeded to run away with Anders.

Lilly Blackwood

It is a very old username I used to go with, Stray Cat was mostly what you'd imagine, I was stray, looking for an RP home, coming and going as I liked as I was searching for the right forum. The name was usually reserved for chat boxes and not for an account as that would indicate that I had found a home and no longer being stray.

Now, I originally registered the account after my first character but after reading the rules and making a second character I couldn't have a character name for a username as that would be confusing for both me and my RP buddies when I play with the other character, so I reverted to Stray Cat.

Bees

my full, legal username is 500Bees, which i use in more formal settings such as multiplayer video games and miscellaneous sites :P

i first used it in factorio - in the singleplayer campaign - and picked it because ...

... i thought it was funny? at least i assume so, as everyone who first hears it cracks jokes about the Concerning Amount Of Bees xD

it has been with me since high school, and as of recent - ever since i got seriously into roleplay - i've begun shortening it to Bees :)

for non-rp sites where i share my art, i go with umnokorito. its' serbian, "umno" means "mind's", "relating to the mind", and "korito" is "trough". you know, what pigs eat from. so my art handle is; "mind's trough" :)

Tags: