Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Of fire and lightning [DaGlobster!] [M]

Started by Medievarad, August 10, 2016, 03:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

M to be safe
Tag: @DaGlobster
-------------------------

Valia glanced up at the nocturnal sky. She couldn't exactly see, but she knew a full moon was out and the stars where shining bright.

The fire elemental looked back to the fire she had been tending to the past minute, sighing softly. Still waiting for someone. She folded her hands on her lap as she sat down on the rock again, sighing softly. Sometimes, she felt lonely. Secluded. Even though the thunderblacks were positively filled with dragonkin, she couldn't help but feel alone in the darkest of the night.

Another soft sigh. And she resumed what she had done for gods know how long already. She resumed waiting.

DaGlobster

Merradin sighed, glancing downward at the endless expanse of rocky crags, trees, and foothills beneath him as he soared on the wind. He wasn't hunting, or even patrolling his territory, but rather, he'd found himself driven from his hoard by a persistent feeling of restlessness. It had been a long and boring week, and the need to stretch his wings and just fly was overwhelming.

He was calm, so the only weather that followed him was a light cloudiness. Taken by a whim, he banked to the north, and kept going until a dim light came into his view. He was flying high, but his sharp eyes let him see that the fire had a lone figure by it.

Curious, he started to circle, intent on observing for now.

Medievarad

Valia looked up to the sky as she sensed something close. Something old açd powerful was remotely cloqe to her. And as she peered ipwards, the energy signature of a dragonkin was visible to her. Qhe had no way of speaking to him just yet.

So she merely kept peering up at the dragon, waiting for him to land.

DaGlobster

The only thing more curious to Merradin than a single figure sitting by a fire was a single figure that noticed him and didn't even move.

While he was much more inclined to investigate, if only for the purposes of having his curiosity sated, he was wary.

For those that didn't fear dragons often had the power to back up their fearlessness.

He circled as he descended, and he came to a graceful and nearly silent landing about a hundred feet in front of the figure. Now that he saw it was a lone woman wearing an iron band across her eyes, his curiosity nearly doubled.

"It's not very often I meet someone who doesn't scatter to the wind at my coming," Merradin said, taking a few curious steps forward.

"What is your business in my territory, traveller?"

Medievarad

As Valia turned to Merradin, the ornament band glinted in the sunlight. It was way too shiny to be iron. It was pure silver. The woman smiled softly ad the dragon spoke and approached her, she returned the gesture and raised her hand in a disarming and harmless gesture as she approached  Merradin, putting her hand against the side of his mouth if she was allowed to. "Greetings, dragonkin," she started politely.

"My utmost apologies, areth I trespassing?" She then inquired as she frowned softly. "I merely wanderth the Thunderblacks. I hope I did not offend." It was more than obvious that she was far more powerful than her friendly and courteous demeanor hinted at.

DaGlobster

Merradin let her approach, and while he was tempted to tilt his head away from her touch, he let it happen, realizing that she was trusting him just as much a he was trusting her with that. Sure, if she had power, she was in range to use it, but she was also a few feet away from his deadly teeth.

"Oh, you've made no trespasses," Merradin said, and he let himself indulge a bit. Ever the ladies man, he moved his head so that he could rub his snout a bit into her hand.

"Just a wanderer?" he asked.

Medievarad

"I'm glad," she smiled softly as she felt him rubbing his snout against her hand. "Not just a wanderer," she replied with the same soft smile. "Valia Infernum, sentinel of the first fire," she introduced herself. "And what is thy name, dragonkin?"

DaGlobster

"Oh, then pardon my forwardness, Valia," Merradin said. While he was massive enough that her hand on his snout was little more than a mere gesture that he couldn't actually feel, she had a certain warmth about her that he could just sense.

"I wasn't aware of your station."

He let himself relax, lying down rather than standing, and he let her keep touching him as she pleased.

"I am Merradin, but the Adelans call me The Lightning Eater."

Medievarad

"T'is of no consequence," Valia answered with a soft smile. "Thou needn't excuse yourself." The smile widened slightly as Merradin introduced himself aswell. "T'is my pleasure, Merradin."

DaGlobster

Merradin let the silence hang for a bit.

"I know the fire drakes revere you, although I myself am not familiar with your tale," he said. Essentially, he'd joined her around her fire.

"That's not the first flame behind you, is it?"

Medievarad

She smiled softly, shaking her head. "T'is not," she answered, pulling her hand back and sitting back at the fire. "T'is but an ember, meaning for warmth and shelter, even though yours truly needs neither," she looked up at him with a smile again. "So mayhaps, I can call it comfort?" She pondered for a moment, visibly so, before shaking her head. "My utmost apologies, I tend to get dragged away sometimes."

DaGlobster

Merradin found himself smiling slightly at that. He glanced over to her fire, and perhaps it was just her presence, but even in the daytime, that small fire seemed to fascinate him, if ever so slightly. He looked back at the woman.

"Are you... blind?" he asked, ducking his head closer to her so he could see the silver ornament around her face.

Medievarad

A soft chuckle. "Yes.. And no," she answered. "I can not see as regular humans, but I see and sense arcane forces, presences, such as thine presence."

DaGlobster

"Mm," Merradin hummed, and he rose up onto his feet.

"Regardless, it'd be improper of me to not offer you hospilatlity."

Medievarad

Valia frowned softy. "Hospitality, Dragonkin? What areth thou speaking off?" She inquired with a small smile.

DaGlobster

"Well, you're the keeper of the first flame, and you're in my territory. It'd be very rude of me not to offer you shelter or comfort within my home," he said, and he returned her smile.

"Food, too, if you so require it."

Medievarad

"T's kind of thou to offer such a thing," she answered with a soft smile. "I hath to take thou up on that offer," a brief silence, the smile widening slightly. "And no, I needn't nutrition, if thou areth curious."

DaGlobster

"Well, need to eat or not, you're still welcome," Merradin said, and he opened a claw.

"I will carry you there."

Medievarad

"Thank thee, Dragonkin," she answered with a soft smile, hiking up on his claw with her hands still folded infront of her.

DaGlobster

Gently, Merradin closed his claw around her, leaving her upper body uncovered so she could hang on with her hands. He took off rather smoothly, spreading his wings as the wind came up to support him. He rose off the ground, and with a beat of his winds he was rising skyward, and he banked towards his home.