Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Of fire and lightning [DaGlobster!] [M]

Started by Medievarad, August 10, 2016, 03:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Valia was left alone like that, though, she still had proper manners and remained seated, leaning back into the seat with a soft sigh.

DaGlobster

Then, the sound of the cellar doors closing, and Merradin busying himself in the kitchen. He continued to hum to himself, and soon, the smell of food was wafting out.

Medievarad

The scent reached Valia's nose and she frowned, pushing herself up. Now she was getting a tad curious, to be honest.

She followed the scent, making her way towards what she'd think is the kitchen. "What're you making?" She inquired with a soft frown.

DaGlobster

"Just some soup," Merradin said, giving the rich looking mixture another stir before he turned to look at Valia, smiling softly.

"A light vegetable stew."

He motioned for her to come closer.

"Care to give it a try?"

Medievarad

Valia nodded slowly. "I see," she said, glancing up at him. "Sure," she answered with a soft smile, stepping closer.

DaGlobster

Merradin smiled in return and held out a spoon of gently steaming soup for her.

Medievarad

Valia stepped forward, raising her hand to find his extended arm, before gently cupping it and leaning forward. She pressed her lips softly against the spoon, before slurping softly from it.

DaGlobster

Merradin was as careful as possible, and once she'd tried the soup, he spoke up.

"Well?"

Medievarad

"It tastes nice," she answered with a soft smile, taking a step back again. To be fair, she hadn't actually eaten in ages, so most things would taste good. But, she wasn't about to irritate him with that fact. "Do you cook often?"

DaGlobster

"I do!" Merradin said, nodding happily and setting the spoon aside after he cleared it.

"I cook for myself most every day," he continued, and he started to spoon some soup into a pair of bowls. He went and set them on the small dining table in the kitchen and then returned to take Valia's hand.

"Come, to the table."

Medievarad

She nodded slowly. "It reflects in your cooking," she retorted with the same warm smile.

She gave his hand a softt squeeze in response, before falling into step next to him, still smiling softly.

DaGlobster

"Thank you," Merradin said. He helped her into her seat (Although he still wasn't sure what the extent of her vision was), and left her for a few moments to fetch some more wine.

He poured them both a glass and he sat down next to her.

"And what about you? Do you have any hobbies?"

Medievarad

She nodded in thanks as he helped her to her seat.

"Hobbies?" She frowned, before shaking her head slowly. "I have none, for me, days feel like what seconds are to thee," she gave him a wry smile. "I needn't aything to filleth my time."

DaGlobster

Merradin sighed at her explanation, and took a small sip of his wine.

"I wish I could just make the days go by like that. Well, I could, I'd just have to sleep through it all," he said, stirring his soup with a spoon as he kept his eyes on Valia.

Medievarad

"As almost all things, it hath a positve and a negative," she answered with a soft smile.

For not having eaten in quite the considerable time, the First Flame seemed more than capable of proper manners and etiquette, which only added to the refined and divine outlook she already possessed.

DaGlobster

"Wherever the flame flickers, there will be a shadow," Merradin said, nodding as he started to eat. After a moment, he smiled.

"My mother told me that."

Medievarad

Valia nodded with a soft smile. "Indeed," she agreed easily. "Your mother must be very wise," she added with a soft smile.

DaGlobster

"She was," he said, unable to meet her eyes at that moment. He took in more soup and wine, and then looked at her again.

"Do the humans revere you?"

Medievarad

Valia followed suit and proceeded eating. As he asked the question, she swallowed whatever was in her mouth and nodded softly. "Some mortals do," she answered. "Few, however."

DaGlobster

"Blessed be the few," Merradin commented. He watched her curiously for a few moments, observing how she moved things as a way to gauge just how and what she could actually "see." Although, to an outside observer, it probably would only look like he was giving her a quick, curiously friendly looking over.

"I still can't quite understand it," he murmured, still looking at her.

"The very embodiment of fire, yet so serene."