Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stroll upon Permafrost [Nova-Nova!] [M]

Started by egoistic, August 16, 2016, 04:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

egoistic

@Scythe-Nova

The snow seemed to crunch underneath her footsteps, as she stepped on. Well, that was an indication, of freshness, if one didn't pay any attention to the obvious fact that it was snowing in the first place.

The weather in the frozen lands wasn't exactly different from how she had pictured it. There was just a tiny difference. It was worse. Much worse.

She knew it was going to be cold and she prepared for it. However, it turned out that even with a thick, cloak over her usual clothes, she was still ill-prepared. Perhaps she should've bought a woolen one?

Now, she wasn't spoiled, nor was she particularly squeamish. However, the cold still affected her. It dug past her skin, into the bones of fingers. Unpleasant. She occasionally brought them up to her lips, exhaled, she couldn't have them going rigid.

As she stepped on, she peered down at her weapon. Good. It was still there.

Her problems slowly grew less apparent and her morale was boosted. That's right. She had a reason to be here. She couldn't be feeble and give into he cold. There were those who expected her help.

Just a few days ago, Nirindel had come across a small settlement and it seemed that several hunters of it had simply disappeared. There was a mention of some sort of large beast skulking around this part of the tundra. Though she hated the idea of possibly having to put down an animal. However, the local sionadyaki couldn't simply 'move' away if a creature was indeed hunting them.

If it did get violent, it would be so for a good reason.

The wind picked up as the snow now obstructed her vision, to a degree. And after just a while of wandering, she sighed as a realization struck her. She was lost.

Scythe-Nova

((OOC: Sorry for the wait, Nova got seriously distracted by a good game T_T))

-"It's nice with some familiar scenery after so long..."

Lynn said to herself as she walked through the snow with a smile upon her lips, Lynn often made trips back to the snow clad landscape of Northern Le'raana so that she would not get too homesick. After all she promised her master to only return home after she was certain that she could best her master, Spending time in the snowy wilds was the best medicine for her homesickness.

-"Hmmm? the wind is picking up?"
"Maybe i should find some shelter before this turns into a blizzard"

She mused to herself as she wrapped her thick fur cloak tighter around herself, While this cold weather did not even faze her it would still be comfortable to snuggle up in front of a fireplace. Lynn looked around and mentally confirmed where she were and remembered that there was a good place for setting up camp not too far from where she was, While she was thinking she noticed some pretty fresh footprints in the snow just ahead.

-"I-is there someone else out here? I hope they know how to survive out here..."

She said to herself and started to walk in the footprints she had found since it was easier than trudging through the snow and the footprints led in the direction Lynn was heading, but as she followed the tracks she noticed they veered off from her destination.

"...T-that ways? but theres nothing that way.. t-they must be lost..."

Lynn thought to herself and looked out towards the way the tracks led with a worried expression on her face, She stood still for a moment before following the tracks with some haste as the weather was picking up and if someone was lost Lynn was not going to sit back and hope everything would go well.

egoistic

Clearly, Nirindel hadn't a slightest idea neither how to navigate through the frozen land. Especially not in a growing snowstorm, to be specific.

The woman frowned, howling wind carried the snow only to leave it piling upon her form and, ironically, while she would have somewhat blended in the scenario, the cold air left her, normally pale skin reddish - quite unlike blush it was not a warm feeling.

Shaking her form, she would brush off whatever snow had already piled upon her. And there, just for a while, she'd stop. "Mmm..." she lamented to herself. "I could probably trace my way back, but even so, I can't see too well anymore. Doubt the footprints will remain for long..." the woman spoke to herself in a hushed tone, whilst brushing her palms together in hopes to generate at least a bit of warmth.

As she stood in contemplation, some sounds of hurried steps seemed to reach her. So there was someone, or, in a very unfortunate case - something. Was she the hunter who had become the hunted? Nirindel had very mixed feels about the outcome - on one hand, someone friendly would have been good, on the other hand - if her goal here came to her, she could return to warmth earlier.

She couldn't quite see too well, as the strong gale peppered her form and eyes with snow"Halt!" she commanded, her voice was both carried by the wind and hushed by it as her left palm rose, in an attempt to shield her eyes. Nirindel called out again. "Who is following me?"

Scythe-Nova

-"Eeep!"

Lynn involuntary yelped when someone shouted at her and looked ahead to see the form of someone ahead, Even from where Lynn stood she could easily see that the person ahead was not equipped with clothes to battle the harsh cold here. Lynn found herself silent for a little while untill she remembered that she ought to answer the person ahead.

-"Oh um! sorry i was following your tracks b-because i thought you were lost!"

she said hopefully loud enough for the person ahead to hear her, She was unsure if she should get closer yet and thus stayed where she was and looked ahead at the person she could almost distinguish through the snow storm.

-"T-theres a really large stretch o-of wilderness ahead... s-so i just assumed you did not know and were lost.."

egoistic

Such was the truth. Nirindel was very ill-prepared to deal with the cold. And, honestly, had she known that it clearly showed, she would have probably found it uncomfortable, or rather, embarrassing.

Regardless, she seemed to loosen up a tad, as the other voice called back. While her form still remained turned, her knees slightly bent, she did not seem to hold onto a weapon. Instead, she narrowed her eyes, trying to have a better look at whoever was ahead.

It was, of course, to no real avail. She saw a form, yet the snowflakes that peppered her face made it difficult for her to see. She was not used to it. Regardless, hearing a nervous, somehow, friendly voice allowed her to calm down a bit.

"Thank you. I am lost." she admitted, calling back again, for most of the part, shouting because the howling wind made it pretty difficult for her to hear even her own voice.

"I have a weapon, but I'm not a hostile, okay? I just want a better look at you." the snow-covered woman made her way closer, snow, yet again, crunching under her feet, as she followed the tracks she herself made.

Scythe-Nova

Lynn was happy that she had made the decision to follow the tracks as it seems she have helped someone, she could see the form of the woman ahead of her but it was hard for her to see the details as the snow obscured much.

-"W-well i'll just wait h-here for you.."

Lynn said as she relaxed somewhat while waiting for the woman to approach her, Her amber eyes observed the person as they came into view and she took in her features and noticed that the woman was quite a bit Shorter than herself. She noticed that the only thing protecting her from the cold was a thick cloak not nearly enough for the harsh weather of Northern Le'raana, She seemed to be freezing as well but Lynn did not want to assume anything and decided to ask.

-"A-are you not cold like that?"

((OOC: Sorry for the wait))

Tags: