Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Footsteps in the Snow (ValamLym, Blink, PM) [M]

Started by Avarex, August 30, 2016, 01:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

A nerve had been struck with Jaela by the old necromancer. For how long did she have to keep up this charade? As if a switch had been flipped in her mind the amusement for the world dematerialized from her eyes. A flicker of a demonic smile spread across her lips for only an instant.

Reaching into her sack Jaela pulled out a pouch full of sand, afterwards pouring it onto the ground in front of the group.

"Please allow me to show you", a response to the angels question.

Taking a stance a distance away from them Jaela pulled off her green gloves, tucking them into her bag before flinging it across the ice. A fraction of some form of a mark lingered under her right sleeve, barely visible to those not paying attention. With bare palms she knelt down, placing them onto the icy landscape while closing her eyes. Taking in a deep breath the small girl began to chant, only whispers from her lips.

Waiting, that's all this was, a waiting game to her. For the sand she had thrown onto the ground earlier needed to sink into the ground. The need for the sand to merge with the icy terrain was a necessity in this landscape. That is why she brought sand, all along she had been preparing the ground.

A giggle arose from deep within the girl, the chanting ceasing to be relevant. She was sure they could feel it by now, the power she had always hidden. Like a fox the girl was cunning, coming off as reckless when in reality everything was calculated.

A sudden deep rumble could be heard from all around, as if the very tectonic plates of the planet were shifting. Standing, Jaela rubbed her hands together, as if rubbing away filth.

"I believe I never properly introduced myself." the infertile land behind her began to crack.

One arm swung beneath her as the other rested on her back, no doubt Jaela doing her classic over dramatic bow. "Jaela Uday at your service"

She continued to bow as geysers formed behind her, steam shooting into the sky. 

Avarex

Avarex keeps a look on the young girl's performance. He nods in acknowledgement "A truely powerful being.". The old man then refrained from further comments as he awaited the hunger of his Mistress to cease. "I must apologize. I did not mean to abuse the gift of the Goddess. I wanted to make sure that they never question you again. Please, do forgive me." Avarex' forehead hit the ground, less asking a person for forgiveness, than praying upon Amira.

As he heard the words of his Mistress, commanding him to follow, he got up on his legs, wobbly without the cane. He walks forward, slowly and calmly - considering he had no proper foothold on the icy surface of the dunes. He gazed around himself, as his lower body slowly faded into black sand, replacing the common movement with a slight hovering. His legs were replaced by a shifting sand vortex, carrying him towards the ritual side.

ValamLym

Amira snickered quietly at Jaela's display. She wondered where the sudden shift in attitude came from, after all nobody had really doubted her. She simply took a moment to look at her as she re-introduced herself, apparently her opinion of her should've shifted, her left hand coiled around her chin, pondering the girl's motives.

''What's with the sudden need to prove yourself?''

Amira seemed relatively un-moved by her show and in fact pretty much discarded the geysers. Not because she though Jaela was weak but simply because a creature like her really was almost impossible to impress. Her attention shifted to Avarex offering him back his cane. ''Follow me into the temple.''she muttered, before stepping past the large dark entrance herself. As she did, her presence was noted by the seemingly sentient structure, in response purple flames burst to life illuminating the massive halls.

Statues of Amira dotted the halls, as Mymyria's appearance was a mistery to most. Further within a large almost anti-church like altar was located, gentle purple lights washing over the area. Several undead guardians wandered the halls, thick black armor covering their decaying flesh. At a glance one would immediately realize they had been here for decades, but seemed ever vigilant. The undead didn't seem to attack the group, no doubt fully aware of who entered.

Blink

Raising from her bow Jaela went back into her happy go lucky attitude.

"You asked why I had sand in my bag... I answered" giggling Jaela went to pick up her bag, instead of slinging it over her shoulder she tied it around her waste, allowing it to sit on her hip.

Accepting the previous offer made by Amira, Jaela followed the two into the creation she uprooted from the ground. Her curious nature hindered her from going to far in, as Jaela stopped at one of the angels statues.

Poking at it she examined the artistry of it, looking back and forth between the woman and her art. "Your appendages look bigger on the statue" Jaela turned an accusing eye to Amira. "Trying to compensate eh?"

Jaela lifted her palms to her own breasts, cupping them with her hands. "I think I need to make some statues to" a determined gleam in her eyes.

Avarex

Avarex gazed at the artwork with fanatic excitement, nearly like a mass-murdering young child. His hand strifes along the stone they walked past - his facial features darkening as he heard what the young Jaela had to say "Show some respect! You are talking to the Mistress." his tone as harsh as could be. His right hand extended towards her, the finger pointing accusingly. "We live, because -she- wants us to. We believe because she allows us to."

The voice now no longer bears the commanding and harsh tone of the eldery, but the mesmerized chanting of a Priest. It was an obscure scene which the Necromancer caused, before falling silent againn, remembering it was not his task to judge, but to execute.

ValamLym

Amira chuckled, highly amused by Jaela's defiance. She simply turned on her feet, her hands around her waist. She walked over to Jaela not speaking a word, stepping right in front of her before leaning in close ''Well, only one way to find out.'' as slowly as she moved before she now moved super fast unclasping the front of Jaela's top and coiling her hands around her breasts, smirking at her, giving them a squeeze.

''Yours are indeed nice, I'm sure we can work something out.''

she ran a finger across Jaela's face and rested it upon her lips, chuckling ''But it will be our little secret.''

She then finally retracted herself from Jaela, turning around with a smile and returning her attention to Avarex like nothing had happened ''Don't worry, I enjoy her spirit.'' She muttered before flicking her finger, the seemingly normal looking altar sinking into the floor, only to have another platform circle up with a ritual circle.

''Avarex, into the circle.'' She muttered, stepping toward it herself.

Blink

Blinking Jaela looked down to her own breasts, bewildered. Slowly she clasped the front of her top again, watching Amira speak with the necromancer, er rather instruct. The fact that her breasts had just been flashed before everyone not even a concern.

To her they were just a part of the average body, as was any touch. Never had she been a touchy feel sort of girl.

With no words Jaela walked up beside Amira, watching in confusion as the alter shifted into the ground. The moment the ritual circle came into view Jaela began standing on one foot. Holding the other leg up with her arm.

Looking to the other two she shrugged "To keep bad spirits at bay..." she continued to hold the position, determined in her own mind to be doing something helpful. Superstitions always seemed to bring this girl to do crazy things.

Avarex

As he made his way towards the ritual circle, he turned around once more, staring the young girl straight in the eye. "We are the bad spirits." he continued to move his aging body in the middle - the sand that replaced his legs now spins around him entirely, his body reforming, while the black stand still was building a heavy layer on the body of the aging Necromancer.

ValamLym

Amira extended one of her arms, taking the glove off, digging a finger into her skin to draw blood. Contrary to normal blood, hers was black, oozing and foul looking. Truly in human as it even seemed sentient, attempting to return to Amira's body through the wound. She quickly turned her arm upside down however catching it in her gloved hand so it had nowhere to retreat to. When the blood ''realized'' it couldn't go anywhere it simply pooled up like normal blood would, she then eyed Avarex.

''This will be the most painful process you've ever had, but with my immortal blood tainting your innards, you're aging body will be powerful still and age will no longer effect you.''

She paused, bringing her cupped hand near his mouth, the blood suddenly spiriting up as if it was cooking water ''But it will hurt.. a lot..''. To her it seemed logical, but most others underestimated the pain, some didn't even survive. That's a problem Avarex wouldn't have, but still it would hurt him greatly. ''Now drink.''

Blink

Mockingly Jaela copied the mans comment, in a less than sophisticated tone. "We are the bad spirits.." her mouth twisting downwards as if to show an unpleasant thought.

Lowering her leg Jaela watched Amira play with her blood. "Oooo" escaping her mouth. Looking back and forth Jaela was trying to determine if the necromancer would indeed drink her blood. Both of them clearly occupied she turned away, pulling a small and short knife from one of her many pockets.

Very quickly she cut into her palm, only a little. "Darnit" she whispered as her regular crimson blood dripped. For some reason she had hoped the temple would make her blood black and strange like the angels. Pure disappointment could be seen on the small girls face as she turned back to them, tucking her hand back into a glove.

Avarex

Avarex took a sip of the divine blood, a moment of silence rushed through the ritual side. The old man sat there, the hovering sand dropping onto the ground. The veins in his face turned black, his pupils glowing in a bright purple as a shadow overcome the place. The light was devoured by the nearing darkness - Avarex arched his back and screams of dire pain filled the halls. His gullet began to emit the same purple light as his eyes. A soft echo accompanying the screams of the aging spellweaver.

Several times he hits the ground with his bare fist as he fell to his knees, cracks in the ground, shattering ornaments - the pain was more than he could fathom, yet he knew that something like this would happen to him - he rocks his head back, his eyes wide open - as a maniacal laughter exceeds his lips, though one could still hear the pain in his voice "ACENSION! YAHAHA!" his body forces the necromancer forth once more, his body emitting a slight purple smoke, the room fell silent - as Avarex himself too. He just faced the ground, not a single muscle buldging, the purple light fading as quickly as it occured.

ValamLym

Anyone else would've thought the process had failed, but not Amira. She could sense the heartbeats of all living creatures in this world and she could sense her corrupt blood pouring through his veins and seeping into his heart. His screams hadn't bothered her, they were anticipated and music to her ears.

She quietly gazed at the man for a few moment, practically feeling her blood seep into him, taking him over and destroy him on a cellular level, replacing the old ones with her corrupt ones, her un-aging ones. With the blue prints forced into his body he would begin infinitely producing these new cells at an alarming pace, the impressive nature of her blood didn't stop there though. It began reverting his age, rebuilding his skin into that of a much younger man.

Amira looked at the change, very satisfied with herself ''This is what but a drop of my blood can do.'' she muttered, honestly she never stopped amazing herself. Was she truly a mere archangel? or was she more? she sure felt like it. She felt like she had the power to change the world... But did she want to? definitely not. She served her mistress faithfully, no amount of power could break the bond they had forged over millennia.

Avarex

The Necromancer slowly got up, his face expressionless at first. Purple energy seemed to constantly cover the right side of his face. He smiled, showing off the long fangs he possessed now. The old Necromancer was no more - he had indeed ascended. He clenched his hand to a fist, unbelieving that he had regained his youth ... and more.

His book began to glow in a radient green as it dissolved and seeped into his body. Green letters spread across the left arm of Avarex as his form started to change once more, the void energy shooting down from his face to his heart. His fingers growing to claws, the coat slowly beginning to expand - more than normal cloth and leather, but liquid shadow. His eyes shot up to his Mistress, he fell to his knees, his red glowing eyes directed to the ground "I will prove myself worthy of this gift, merciful Mistress!"

Image removed. Please read our art usage policy. Thank you!

Blink

Jaelas amusement was very short lived as she watched the necromancer transform. Turning to Amira she focused her on the archangel, trying to take in everything that was happening around them. She rehearsed the steps in her mind for her own sake.

Step 1 Kill a bunch of warrior people.
Step 2 Ask if you are worthy.
Step 3 Go into strangers temple because that is surely the safe thing to do?
Step 4 Drink said strangers blood.
Step 5 Change into creepy thing and then thank for being turned into said gift.

She shook her head back in forth from confusion of it all. Feeling the need to chime in Jaela lifted a finger in order to make a statement. "I believe that we have two completely different understandings of what a gift is." her statement mainly directed at the man.

For some reason now poking fun at him being the top priority of the moment. 

Avarex

Avarex' blood-red gaze focused upon the young girl "Foolish girl, have you not witnessed my acension?! You should be careful of the words you choose, for things that you cannot understand!" Slowly, the new formed Necromancer stood up, every now and then, his face turned into it's normal shape, before the shadowtendrils conquered that part of his head again.

"We will stand upon a battlefield one day. And then, I will make sure that the unbelieving ones either start to follow - or perish in the sands of time. And be sure, that they will follow -after- their pulse has stopped forever." His gaze now turned towards Amira, expecting his orders.

ValamLym

Amira simply snickered at the two discussing with each other. She had no doubt in her mind that Jaela would've commented, and here it was. She couldn't keep herself from letting out a giggle. Turning her gaze on Jaela. ''Its the power, he can turn normal if he wants to.'' she simply commented.

She didn't really have much else to add to this, she gestured for them to follow her outside. When they were, she flicked her finger, the temple sinking into the dark abyss once more. It really hadn't occurred to her what to do -after- the ascension. She had no real task for him yet. ''Do what you do best, when I need you, I'll call upon you.''

She then turned to Jaela, simply gazing at her for a few moments. She didn't quite know what she could even talk about with her. Despite all her silliness she had remained woefully quiet during the entire temple escapade. ''You've been quiet.. at-least, compared to your normal attitude.''

Blink

The necromancer had once again struck a nerve with her. Even Jaela could only act complacent for so much. Does he really think her to be so incompetent as to not understand the happenings surrounding her? She even went as far as raising a brow and twisting her face to an approving glare as he spoke about battlefields blah.. blah... blah...

Rolling her eyes she turned to the angel listening to her as she spoke... at least she didn't talk to Jaela as if she were an idiotic child. Turning her smug look back into a smile Jaela responded to her statement. By this point she had already followed them out of the temple.

"I was simply observing the magnificent scene unfolding before me" she turned her head a bit in a childish manner. "It also doesn't help when you have a blabbering baboon telling you how foolish you are." The statement meaning to be a silent strike at the necromancer. Oh the fun she could have poking at him... clearly he thought he was all mighty and powerful now. He had no idea the almighty and powerful she had witnessed in her lifetime... he would stand no chance against void magic, that was a fact.

Tags: