Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Palace Of Chance (Open)

Started by Tacocat86, September 09, 2016, 10:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgan Droud

A Morgan entered the room, a spear of holy magic slammed into him and dissipated. Huh. Looking over at where it came from, a man in an unusual black armor stood next to the crater where his iron ball likely landed. A bit of a distance away was a titanic metal figure of black iron, with a very demonic looking helm. Surrounding the were quite the number of corpses, all wearing similar clothing.

After a few seconds, the silence felt stiffing to him, so he called over to the two figures.

"Hey. Did I miss something here?"

Tacocat86

As it seemed that the being would do them no harm, Vahl dropped his arms. He then rested the head of the hammer on the ground. "You didn't miss much, just a cleansing. Might I inquire your name? He began to walk around to the bodies, and held his hand over each one. Each body that his hand waved over was immediately engulfed in a dark purple flame as they slowly burned and turned to ash.

Gawfy

Janne trailed Off as Vahl talked to the what looked like Woman? Man? Janne couldn't tell. He Poked around Until he found a slab Of emerald with Old etchings on the face of it. He saw familiar etchings back at the castle. Vahl Take a look at this! He yelled as Looked at the slab.

Morgan Droud

"Ah yes, I'm Morgan. Pleasure to meet you."

He looked over at the titan's companion, the one who shot at him, glancing over a valuable looking tablet in his hands, and walked to the bowl in the center of the room. The force that had woken him up earlier was lessened, but he could still feel remnants of it within the room.

Tacocat86

Upon seeing that there was no imminent threat from this strange being, laid down his hammer and walked over to Janne holding emerald slab. The dust coating it was thick, but he could make out vague markings that he recognized. He gingerly wiped the dust off, and the markings became clear to him. It was from the castle libraries, a rather infamous writing that described in detail, the summoning and control of some extremely powerful demonic forces. Vahl tapped the jade surface, and a small black wave of energy came from the symbols. He looked at Janne, "It's a good thing their ritual was interrupted. This guy would have been a lot more dangerous." He sighed and then looked back up to the being still floating. "It is a pleasure to meet you as well Morgan. I am Vahlok Kendaar, Head guardsman of Castle EmberCrest, and Wielder of DarkFire"

Gawfy

Yes Now we can Get back to looking for the archives. Janne turned to the other being And im Janne Dark Knight extraordinaire, Sorry about the Spear but it doesn't look like it did much damage anyway.

Morgan Droud

"Err, yeah, OK."

Morgan wasn't paying much attention to the two, deeply engrossed in the bowl, and the energies coming from it.

I wonder if... OK, bad idea. A series of carvings flashed upon the side of the bowl as he channeled mana into it and, surprised, he dropped it, with a loud crash as it broke upon the floor. Looking over a t Janne and Vahl, he forced a smile.

"I meant to do that," pointing at the broken shards on the ground as he spoke, "absolutely."

Tags: