Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Bump in the Pantry [M]

Started by Lion, September 29, 2016, 07:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

[Tags to @Draconian ]

Oh he'd never thought he'd be this hungry. And begging in the streets didn't seem to work. For some reason people ran from him, as if he had some horrid creature on his head, or stunk with cadaver-like severity. All he wanted was something warm, meaty, and filling.  Was it too much to ask!? For once, Maako was afraid. He had no idea what was going to happen and the unknown of it all was swiftly becoming overwhelming.

So he did as any frightened creature would do.  He hid in the shadows until those creatures known as humans slowly dissipated from the streets.  Little by little they drifted off until the last dregs wandered their way into the warmth of taverns and their homes. 

"Find a cat!  No one will miss one," his hand griped.

"NO!" Maako hissed, glaring at the blinking eye in his left palm.  "NO cats!  They leave behind hairballs.  You think people run from me now? You should see them when they see me spitting up fur!"

Maako kept his hand to his chest to prevent it from speaking further and he tried to quiet the grumblings of his stomach.  Eyes darted toward a passerby, and he sniffed.  Gods, the woman smelled like salami!  Quickly, he scittered from the darkness, crawling quietly and making his way behind her.  She soon turned a corner and disappeared behind a tavern.

Maako rushed to follow, only to be distracted by another scent.  More salami, and it wasn't just residue either.  It was food!  And he quickly clamored up the window to go and investigate.

The place was deserted, as far as he was aware, and he waited until the silence assured him of exactly that.

He moved toward the smell, following his nose to a T. When he found it's source, he slowly opened the door, his eyes widening at the sight before him.  Salamis and beef cuts and bread and cheese and more food than he could believe.  He was practically salivating right there.  He didn't hesitate, finding his nails digging into a portion of a pig's thigh, and sinking his teeth into it.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Draconian

Sera was on a prep day.

Getting all the ingredients ready for the next day.

Also her lunch.

A pleased little hum and she fixed the vase of bright yellow flowers - she didn't know what they were, but she decided since they were yellow they were all her favourite - and she stretched her arms high above her head, gave the table one last wipe down and made her way downstairs. It was usually a quiet establishment, on the outskirts of town, far enough away for someone to either come here on purpose or stop here as a last resort.

Most people didn't happen upon her little tavern by accident.

A quick check to make sure her clothing was in the right place and she skipped down the stairs , skirts swishing and when she hit the last step there was a sound that made her freeze.

Someone was here.

A moment to suck in her breath and she took gentle, quiet steps, carefully picking up a barstool on her way towards the noise. Sera wasn't an intimidating woman. Short. Wearing some awful floral print dress to her wrists and chin. A little waist, but obviously a thicker lady, she seemed more keen to give hugs than bash an intruder with a chair.

One careful step into the kitchen and squeezed the chair legs and stared.

That strange man was eating all her food and she couldn't move a muscle.

It was a split second.

The chair crashed to the ground and Sera stared, frozen into her spot.

"Are you going to eat me?" She whimpered, staring at him, frozen and still holding an invisible chair, fingers trembling.

Lion

Maako had been enjoying himself, maybe a little too much before he heard a clattering on the ground.  He paused, distracted by the deliciousness swirling around his mouth. He swallowed very quietly and turned around to look at his assailant.

There was that fear again and he jumped around climbing into the pantry cabinet, closing the door on himself. "I'm not here!" he said.  "There's nobody here...  Try again after...um...BEEEEEEEP!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Draconian

Sera slapped her hands over her mouth and just stared.

That thing...

What was that?

A... Sera swallowed carefully and took a step closer.

"I... I'm sorry," Tears were in her eyes from fear, and there was a little wet warble in her voice. "I didn't mean to f-frighten you..." Was he really the one that was scared? A heavy careful breath and she took a few more steps closer, "Are you hungry? I... I could make you something to eat? Or... I... My name is Sera."

Lion

Maako didn't like being afraid.  He hated feeling like he was cornered and didn't want to lash out at anyone that would attack him.  Not for fear of being hurt - sure he would avoid it if at all possible - but for fear of hurting them.  He realized he was a lot stronger than the others, than the soft flesh of little humans.

He gave a grunt and tried not to make any more noise, even while idly taking a sausage bit and tearing it with his teeth.  "I'm Maako," he found himself saying.  His left hand shot over his mouth.  Be quiet stupid!

"I won't hurt you...I was just...really hungries!  And you have salami!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Hungries.

He was really hungries.

Sera chewed on her lower lip, wiping at her eyes and swallowing carefully, not wanting to scare him.

Scare him? The big monster. How laughable.

"Maako," Sera said softly, "It's nice to meet you," Except it wasn't. She was terrified, but that's how you grew as a person right? You did things you were afraid of. And you helped people that were also afraid and staying in your pantry.

"I have lots of food, This is a tavern." She swallowed, "I... I'll feed you, but... But you have to do some work for me... Like Sweep." Sera inched closer to the pantry, one hand reaching out to catch the handle and hold it, trying to keep the trembling to a minimum.

"Does that sound fair, Maako?"

Lion

Oh no! She was going to open the door!  She was going to see him and scream and run like the rest of them did.  So he did the only logical thing he could think of and bolted first, heading for the door and ramming it open.  When he did, he stumbled over the dropped chair, rolling like a ball into the furniture.

A table fell on him and he groaned, completely dizzy in that moment, turning over and reaching up with his lower right to brace his head, rubbing at the corner of his temple.  "owwwww," he groaned, feeling as though blood was pouring from his skull.

"Oh, I didn't eat any tomatoes though..."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Sera gave a sharp yelp when Maako tumbled. Not because he was scary - she lied to herself - but because it was startling. Still, Sera rushed forward and dropped do her knees beside his head. A gentle pale hand witha few strange lavender veins reached out and gently cupped his cheek.

"Let me look at your head, Maako, wouldn't want any tomatoes on the floor," she pried his hand away from his head and gently drifted a few fingers around the bump. She supposed if she were to die today, at least she'd serve a purpose. Being a meal. "Maako, how about you sit and I'll make you a meal. You... you frighten me but... I want to help."

She looked over her shoulder to the doors, "you cant leave the kitchen though, understand?"

Lion

He'd hadn't been hurt before. Not like this. And the throbbing against his temple made him groan and moan in agony even as her touch startled him. Maako didn't know pain could feel like this. Oftimes it was accompanied with some sense of pleasure, a small suffering that was soothed over with comfort, a kiss, an embrace by his master. He was not unfamiliar with causing displeasure. This time the comforting hand was foreign and made him flinch.

Maako managed to look up at her.  "You're...not afraid of me?" he had to ask since he was so sure his face would soon be met with some sort of unpleasant object.  He sniffed, instinctively still trying to slink away.  He curled in on himself, sitting and wrapping his lower arms around his knees.

"I broke your flat eating surface. I am sorry I am so large," he said, feeling at the blood coming from his head.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

"I'm terrified," she answered plainly, looking at his strange chest. Then his strange arms. Along with his strange face. Sera tried to smile thoigh, the only evidence of her fear the slight tremble in her hand. Her hand hovered away from his wound for a moment before she got up.

A quick shuffle around and she gathered up a towel.

The main reason she'd chosen to stay in this God Forsaken country was for the reason of hating magical creatures. And here one was. About to cry like a little boy curled up on her floor. Sera smoothed a hand over the top of his head and knelt down beside him

"Maako, we have to stop the bleeding okay? Ill get over the broken table, but I dont want bloodstains on my floor."

Lion

For her to answer with such honesty made Maako actually look at her face.  Oh, she was all pasty and not at all blue like him.  Weird.  But he wouldn't complain.  She wasn't smacking him, or shoving him out the door. He climbed up to his feet, stooping a little so he didn't seem so looming and held his head.

"No blood stains, okay," he nodded, wincing at the motion but complaining no further.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Sera swallowed carefully, looking up-up-up at him.

Blinking she held he towel out again, hands trembling.

"You ... You cover your wound and sit down again," she waved a hand at the floor, "Do you like sandwiches? I'm going to assume you enjoy salami, so... I can make you a sandwich and then later after stew is read you can have a bowl of that."

Lion

Whatever she was on, she was handling this rather well.  Maako didn't want to go out on a limb here but she was probably the nicest person he'd run into so far in this strange and curious wasteland. The creatures here were not at all like back home, some for better or worse. And he missed his furs, his bed, and his master. But he couldn't go home, not yet.

"Thank you," he found himself saying although he hadn't used that phrase...probably ever in his entire existence.  He sat criss-cross on the floor, keeping his arms tucked in against him and holding onto the towel against his skull

"I like anything that is delicious," he answered softly...  He watched her go, looking at the meat on her bones.  No, that probably wasn't a good idea. This far north, people were scarier.  And it seemed scared of everything else.  "Why are you being so nice to me?  Are you going to cook me?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Anything that is delicious.

"I'll make you a sandwich," Sera said softly, smiling at the strange blue creature. It was a compelling feeling, to help. Despite all odds, she wanted to simply help. As in on cue with her thoughts, one of the many stray animals she took in meandered through the kitchen. A fluffy grey cat with green eyes. A big fluffy cat. It waved in between her legs while she chopped up things for Maako.

She'd make one for herself, too.

"Hello Soldier," Sera said softly, rubbing the cat with the side of her foot before the His Fluffy Highness wandered over to Maako and sat down on the broken splinters of the table and the goods that had been on it to stare at him curiously.

It didn't take long to prep the sandwich and eventually, Sera wandered over and held it out to him. "Where are you from?" She asked, head tilted, "Was in the mountains, maybe? Was there a blonde lady?"

Lion

Oh shit, cats.  As soon as Maako heard the meow he paused and froze completely.  He stared at the animal, still hungry but remembering the nasty flavor fur left in his mouth.

He groaned a little and watched the cat, forgetting the sandwich even as a stray arm reached up to pry it from Sera's hand.

He reached out gently poked the side of the cat's ear.  The cat reached a paw out and met his finger paw to appendage.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Soldier sat pretty after poking the strange man.

Sera, still unanswered went quiet and watched. Maybe no blonde lady then. That was a relief. Still, if it had been a blonde lady... Would Maako be her brother? Perhaps a cousin. She stared in mild horror when one of his other arms reached over for the sandwich - which she almost forgot to let go of.

Swallowing carefully, Sera picked up the fluffy grey cat who noodled in her arms and gave a yeowl of distaste at being moved. He wriggled from Sera's arms before he meandered back and sat in front of Maako, reaching with a paw and putting it on the nearest least pointy bit he could reach.

"Soldier, I don't think Maako likes you," She said gently like the cat could understand. Though she paused and sat down beside the cat, directly in front of the strange blue man.

"Do you like cats? I can take Soldier away and put him somewhere else if he makes you uncomfortable." she tilted her head and tried to smile, "I just want to help you, you know, so I can move the cat."

Lion

The cat frankly terrified Maako, but he wasn't going to show it.  Not to the fleshy woman in front of him.  She was very fleshy.  He wasn't sure what to make of that, except she was the first really kind face he'd seen since his arrival in his devil's-forsaken world.

The cat however could burn in heavenly light for all he cared.

Still...the little paws made him tingly inside beside the hunger.  Maako took a small piece of salami from the sandwich and flopped it toward Soldier.  Who promptly ate it up.  And meowed.  Then GOT FUCKING CLOSER!

Maako shrank back but kept his two lower hands out to keep the kitty away, and he munched on his food with his upper hands.  At her question, Maako shook his head.  He smiled with no teeth, and tried desperately to hide the cringe when Soldier purred loudly and began rubbing his sides against Maako's open palms.

"Cat is okay," he said.  He munched on the sandwich quietly.  "No blonde lady.  I don't know what that means."  Better late than never.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

No blonde lady.

Sera grinned widely and moved closer to Maako.

She wanted to cup his cheeks and kiss him and Sera, having poor impulse control, sashayed over to the blue strange creature of a man and did exactly that. She took his head, tipped it back and pressed a kiss to his forehead.

"It doesn't matter what it means, but if you don't remember a blonde lady then everything is wonderful!" Except for what he was. Sera chewed on her lip and backed up a few steps, Soldier swirling between her feet to which she dodged tripping over him carefully. "Unless... You don't know what blonde means?" She whispered, giving Maako a worried look, "Yellow hair? Orange eyes?" She rubbed at her wrists, looking at the blue creature worried before she swallowed carefully.

"Are you still hungry? When was the last time you ate?"

Lion

The kiss threw him off guard, and Maako froze, completely expecting her to rip his head off.  What more could he learn to expect in a place like this?  But instead the soft feel of her lips made him give out a soft yip.  He kept the sandwich close to him, feeling his whole body tingle again with a soft heat.  But he ignored it, or tried anyway.

Hrm...blonde lady.  Yellow eyes?  "Yellow hair?  Yellow eyes?  Hrmmm, no.  I no see such things together. Yellow eyes maybe from Home. But Home is...no more."

He didn't know how to answer the last question.  He didn't know how long it was since he last had eaten.  It must have been many moons since he was so hungry he considered eating a cat again.  But cats were badly digested most of the time.  The sandwich was nice.  "More. Please. It's very good," he said instead and licked his fingers clean.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Home is no more.

Sera just watched him and licked her lips, smoothing her hands over her dress before she reached her hands out to him. "C'mon then, I'll show you how to make a sandwich and then you can make one whenever you want," She said softly, moving back towards the counter where the loaf of bread was and all the fixings. And a knife.

Would he kill her? Chop off her limps? Eat those?

She ignored the little voice in her head and instead smiled at him, "And then, we'll find somewhere for you to sleep." She nodded, "And then, after you feel better, we can... Maybe find you a way home?" Her voice was soft and curious but she smiled all the same time, trying her best to be comforting to the strange blue man.

Tags: