Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Bump in the Pantry [M]

Started by Lion, September 29, 2016, 07:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

With Maako's hunger largely sated, she didn't have to worry about being eaten. It was too bad she didn't know that. And he had no way to tell her since he felt he could eat for days to satisfy the void that had been forming in all the time he had been neglected food.

He'd never had to fend for himself before.  And the concept of doing so was balking to his imagination. Maako felt more tired, more worn than he'd ever felt. His hands were blistered and even his hand was growing bitter from all the travel they'd gone through. The people here were soft and yet somehow incredibly vicious. They tore so easily but possessed gumption enough to put terror in him.

"Home? I don't want to think of it," he said a bit forlornly, following Sera to where the sandwich making station was.

"But I would like to learn to make these samdiches.  Sand..witches.  Are they made of real witches?" he asked, a bit confused.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Draconian

Sara gave him a soulful look, eyes wide and lower lip poking out in a kind of pout.

A tilt of her head and she gave a little nod, deciding it was perhaps best if she didn't mention his home anymore. It seemed odd that such a strange creature wouldn't want to go home, but she supposed it must have been a terrible place to not want to go back at all.

Sara looked over at Maako, blinking at him when he followed her and chewing on her lips when he hovered behind her to watch her cut the loaf of bread into a few slices and began to make another sandwich. "Well, just... Watch and if you have any questions feel free to ask," She smiled over her shoulder, "Though this isn't too difficult."

Sara made another set of sandwiches, keeping one for herself this time and handing Maako another one because why not. Her tavern did well. Her regulars were gentle and she took a bite of the roastbeef sandwich and gave a moan of delight before smiling up at Maako again.

"I... Am going to assume you have no where to live?" She asked quietly in between mouthfuls, tilting her head, "I have rooms for rent, and unfortunately those are full up, but..." She scrunched her nose in thought, lips pursed, "We could make you a bed in my room, put a partition up to give you privacy." She smiled, another tilt of her head, "When was the last time you had a bath?"

Lion

He did watch, he was very astute in his ability to study, though he didn't always want to. Master didn't like him knowing things, didn't like him to be more than his precious pet. Maako liked learning, more than he would ever show probably. While this world was terrifying and strange, it was simultaneously fascinating and he looked at everything with wonder.

He watched her hands deftly and let his own hand move to hover over the backs of hers and mimicked her movement as she made the sandwich. "Why not use just the whole of the meat? It is the best part. do you not like a lot of meat?' he asked with a nudge, looking over her shoulder at the pieces of bread.  And practically salivating.

He backed away and held his own sandwich in hand.  He grinned and took a small bite.  It wouldn't do to be be rude and scarf the whole thing down in one gulp.  That was a tough lesson to learn.  Bed?  She wanted to bed him?  He gave her a weird look, scanning her figure from toe to brow.  He supposed she was kind enough to feed him, and he'd seen scarier things and people.

"Bath?  No...I've not had a bath since being here," he said.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Draconian

"Well!" Sara began, putting the sandwich down and clapping her hands together and holding them together trying to look... Pleasant.  Then the sandwich was back up and she took another bite. It was easy to forget to eat while she was busy in the kitchen and she looked at Maako before she bit her lip, eyeing him up and down like a useful tool.

"Once you've finished your sandwich, I'll take you to my room and set you up with a bath, the water won't be very warm but there's soap and we'll get you..." She tilted her head, "Washed up." Clearing her throat, Sara tried to smile again and polished off her sandwich, licking her fingers and giving a pleased hum.

Lion

Maako allowed himself to be inspected. And for one thing he was a little bit adverse to having a bath. The feel of water on him was not a pleasant one when it was often thrown or scalding.  So he was pretty sure the same situation applied here.  He had no other reason to believe otherwise.

He ate the sandwich slowly but sumptuously and grinned at her.  "When you say wash..you mean with bubbles and....erm, that strange brush with a sponge on it, yes?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Sara wasn't sure how to feel when it... Smiled... At her. A little lurch of her heart. Her feet and brain telling her to run because this thing was going to eat her. Still, he'd been... Only hungry so far - and seemingly lonely and... nice. Sara cleared her throat and took a step to him, reaching out a hand and wiggling her fingers to get his attention - and his hand.

"Maybe not bubbles," she said giving him a gentle smile, reaching up to fix the button at her neck to keep her flesh hidden. Sure he was a big scary looking guy, but that didn't mean anything. Secrets were that for a reason. "But there will be a cloth, and soap, and you'll feel better after you're clean," She smiled and wiggled her fingers again, "And then you can sleep, and we can talk more in the morning while I get ready for the day."

Or get the guards and this weird man can rot in a cell forever. She supposed she'd see how the night went. It's a good thing she'd never been afraid of monsters under her bed, because there was quite the monster in front of her.

Sara's only true wish was that he didn't consume her during the night in a fit of the snackies.

Lion

Maako wasn't about to ruin the only real good fortune he'd found since coming here. Whatever plan his master had in sending him here, he didn't think of it now. It would squander the fact that he could enjoy these delicious nummies and have the first chance to experience an actual bath!  Oh, if it wasn't anything like the baths at home that was enough for him. Just a chance to be clean was intriguing enough.

"At home, baths are scalding and leave the skin red. If a servant fails in their task, they are often given baths until their skin is all pimply and bubbled with heat. This bath sounds much more pleasant," Maako said softly although the mouth on his hand stuck out his tongue and gave a hiss.  He shushed it quietly and put it against his belly as they moved toward the tub.  He stayed back and let her do her magic.

"You are very clothed for baths. Do many humans take them that way?" he asked out of curiosity, noticing the button at her neck.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Sera's mouth dropped open and she gave a mournful worried look to Maako. That sounded like torture. Then his hand hissed and she jumped away from him, giving the hand a look, giving Maako a look and then blinking at him widely, worried that said hand would try to eat her or something.

Did it eat?

Did she just accidentally gain many more mouths to feed?

Where was it's stomach?

"I'm not bathing," She said, looking at him owlishly, "Well, I am but... Uh... Maybe tomorrow." She was going to say 'after you'. Just use the same water but... She had no idea how dirty he was or what strange, strange things she'd find in the water after he was done with it. "You get naked for bathing, so that the soap and water can wash your skin." She mimed bathing and went to collect the supplies, "You... Do know how to bathe, right? I don't have to help you?"

Lion

The process was fairly simple and when Maako found himself in water through some black magic, he found he didn't mind it much at all. The extra areas that couldn't be wet like his hand and stomach were careful about staying shut Maako was grateful for the silence this opportunity gave him. Sometimes his companion was more sour than necessary.

He had just dropped whatever had been covering him and he had plunged into the waters using the soap until all the sudes covered him from head to toe.  And then he just looked like a sudsy four-armed  cloud.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Sera would never unsee that.

Just...

One second he was hesitant about getting into the bathtub and the next he was completely naked and ... Well. In the bathtub. Still. The streak of the naked body before she even had the option to leave the room had her turn several shades of colour and she blinked and looked at him.

Sera bit her lip and blinked down at him before she got over herself, still blushing, she moved to behind him and held out her hands beside his head. "May I wash your hair?" Her voice was soft, not really sure how to approach this. How did she get herself into this mess. "And do they eat, too?" She pointed to his hand and his stomach.

Lion

Wash his hair!?  She wanted to wash his hair!

At the question, Maako immediately turned meek.  His blushed hotly and looked up at strands that fell in his face.  Oh, it was nasty and mucky and he made a soft whine at it's state. His blush came not because it was dirty, and it could certainly use a cleaning, but because hair was an intimate thing.  And nobody ever offered to wash his hair before.

They were still pretty much strangers after all.

"You...want to?  I-I...would be honored.  You bothered to take me in, after all."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Sera couldn't see his face, but his posture changed and she was worried for a few moments that maybe she had insulted him deeply. Then, he spoke and Sera smiled, a little curious as to why he would be honored. Must be a culture thing. Gather soap in her hands, she carefully moved to Maako's head and went about washing his hair. Gently, of course. Though thourough.

"Just let me know if I hurt you, okay?" Her voice was soft and her hands moved over his head, cupping water to wash out the soap, careful of his eyes and finally, she moved down his neck and rubbed her hands along that, going over his shoulders and basically, giving him a massage. "You're... Very large," She finally stated, "Do... Do you happen to know what you are?"

Lion

Oh, this was an interesting washing. Maako wasn't about to ruin it by complaining, however. The last thing he wanted to do was insult his hostess.  She'd done so much to him already, even her cat wanted to be friends!  The sandwiches were yummy, and this water was so much more than he expected.  Finally a friendly soul and he feared that he'd dash it all away if he simply said the wrong thing.

"What I am?  I am...Maako," he said with a shrug. "People...where I am from would consider your kind strange. But there are more of you here than I.  I think somewhere I heard people say 'demon' but it is very complicated. I am a maako.  That is what I've always been called.  I've seen others like me, but only I am called by what I am."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

"So... Maako is... Your title?" She tilted her head, taking a cloth and running it over his back. Being helpful, Sera told herself, also a somewhat automatic response. Naked back, water, cloth... Wash the back. Sera tossed her hair over her shoulder and frowned down at her dress, it was wet but... That would be fine. She imagined Maako would be the last person to judge her for her... Abnormality.

Perhaps one day if he set himself on fire in the middle of the night.

"Either way," Sera continued, wringing the cloth out and laying it over his shoulder before standing off to his side and smiling, "As long as you don't eat me with that hand of yours I think you and I could be friends."

Lion

"Maako is what I am.  I had no title back home. I was owned but treated well, for the most part. I did not complain, much," Maako said, smushing his face into a handful of bubbles until it made a fancy beard and mustache.  He blew out a flurry of fluff and gave a shiver when her hands finished massaging his back.  He enjoyed the contact but only made a whine when it stopped.

He turned to look up at her.  "I won't eat you.  My hand is my friend, he will not eat you either. You have been very kind. Nibbling on hosts is frowned upon where I am from.  You are my friend, right?" he asked and reached into the water with two hands, holding thumb to thumb and index to index and made a large bubble that he carefully blew out at her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Owned?

Sera smiled at his childlike innocence, blinking at him for a moment and putting a hand back on him, smoothing it up and down his back when he whined. Was he, perhaps, part dog? Swallowing carefully, she listened to him talk, watching him make a bubble when her hands were on her lap.

Instead of popping it, she simply closed her eyes and waited.

A quiet snapping sound and she opened her eyes, only to instantly close them from soap. "Aaah," the backs of her hands went to her eyes and she stood up quickly, bent over, head down, tears filling her eyes from the stinging, "Yes, we're friends," She whined out, making hissing and pained noises from the burning. "Ooooh, I got soap in my eyes," Sera cried, then she pulled her hands away, those were soapy too. Her arm went to her face and she gave Maako a weary red eyed look before she tucked her face into the crook of her arm to try to wipe the soap away. "Oh, that was a bad idea, don't put soap in your eyes!" She demanded,  just in case he wanted to try.

He seemed curious.

Lion

Maako could tell when he did something wrong. And the sounds of someone screaming generally was a good sign of it, especially if they had been rather nice to him since the beginning. 

At her whines, Maako jumped from the water, heat flooding his face to attend to her pain and even as she wiped it from her face​, he sat perched on the tub's edge, and wrapped his lower arms around her waist to keep her still.

His upper arms were wet but rinsed and carefully rubbed the soap from her eyes, cupping her face in the aftermath. "I'm sorry! Are you all right?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Sera's eyes were still watering and the feeling of someone's hands on her face was unfamiliar.

Someone touching her at all sent little shiver's over her skin, gooseflesh climbed on her skin and she was very aware of her sleeves. A flush stained her cheeks and Sera let out a little breath, staring at Maako. Eyes still red and she wiped at the tears with the cuff of her sleeve. "It's okay," She said softly, trying to smile. A little lean away but... Oh dear.

Another flush and she looked up quickly.

Right. People bathed naked.

"Thank you, Maako," She said simply, unsure of how to thank him or what he was used to. A quick awkward kiss was placed to his cheek and she leaned back at smiled, eyes still red and squinty, a little watery. "You saved my eyes."

Lion

A kiss. She kissed him.

And it was Maako's turn to grow flush. Not because of embarrassment, but simply because a kiss was affection he did not earn. Slowly he let her go and retracted his hands back around his body. He gave a thin-lipped smile, feeling himself flush even more.

"You're welcome, Sera," he murmured and slipped back into the tub to finish his bathing.  "Will you...will you wash my hair?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

A small smile and she watched him turn shy.

"Of course," she said softly, rubbing at her eyes again to get rid of the last of the sting. The wet fabric of her clothing was making her skin itchy and she knew she'd have to get him settled soon.

Sera moved quickly, getting a small basin to get water and then pour over his head before she went about washing his hair. She was thourough, fingers massaging his scalp and the top of his back. "Close your eyes," she instructed before she poured water over his head again to wash away the soap, and she went back to his clean hair, running her fingers through it to make sure what was there didnt get tangled.

"Do you mind my touch?" She asked simply, curious.

Tags: