Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

~*~DarknessAndLight....TwoSidesOfTheSameBlade~*~

Started by Anonymous, January 21, 2006, 11:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Kat appeared and was surprised to find Noira with two children. If she hadn't gotten the angel's message, she wasn't startled at her appearance.
    "Ah, you are here. Her recovery will be much faster," the crimson-haired woman said, glancing at the girl's companion. "Who is this?" she asked, frowning.

Kat smiled beautifully.
  "This is Aceltia! We met some time ago. I saw her while I was flying," she explained. "Is Maeve well?"
  "She is in my chambers," Noira replied, still giving Aceltia a dubious, untrusting look. "Please follow me..." And she disappeared.

"We're going to have to teleport again. Sorry," Kat apologized to the hawkling.

Anonymous

Adri smiled alittle at her brother's offer. He always wanted to help. She went back to her writing but looked up as another person arrived.
Her eyes narrowed a little...giving a warning it would seem.

Luk smiled slightly. "Are you sure?"
He looked up as the other person arrived. He nodded slightly then sighed as she started to talk to Noira. Noira then left with the other person and  her companion. He looked over at Adri. "Seems like she is really busy."

Adri looked up at him and sighed. "She is important...of course she is busy." She then stood and put away her book. "I am going for some fresh air." She turned and walked away without another word.

Lukas watched her walk away and then sighed. "Figures....."

OOC: Im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I just kind of lost my muse for quite a while..*Sighs* I hate family porblems...I promise I will be better from now on >_<

Anonymous

In an instant the hawkling found herself somewhere besides the castle corridors and blinked a few times to adjust. Her akward and foreign appearance stood out in the room and her brown garments were still draped over her wings. Both of which were pressed neatly onto her back. Blonde headed and blue eyed, she looked around. Where was she? Now she only stood quietly by Kat, simply listening to the conversation that had begun.

She'd never been a presumptous person and didn't like being rash, besides that, she was trying to get the story straight on this ill friend of Kat's. Who were all these other people? Thoughts fizzled like soda pop in her head again. Her mind worked like a clock with all it's gears.
Confidently she carried herself, the shapes and images of the people around here were being minted into her mind like portraits in stone. A strange scent was present here. Likely that of the different people, different emotions, and possibly even different magics.

Anonymous

[This is to Aceltia]

Noira's room, as was all rooms in which she stayed for an extended period, was scented with various sorts of flowers. The room itself seemed to have become a makeshift greenhouse, since the courtyard outside seemed to cold to bear any sort of blossom.

Still, something was wrong; it was uncomfortably warm.

A girl with reddish-brown hair tossed in the bed, dripping with sweat. Though her first instinct was to race to her aid, Kat held herself back so that she could take some time to explain to Aceltia.

"Noira is a dear friend. She has excellent healing powers, but the sickness seems stronger," Kat told the hawkling. The semblance of a smile passed over Noira's lips.

"Kathryn is being far too modest. It is nothing more than a fever that ails Maeve. My healing powers take time to heal. Kathryn, however, is a child of Heaven. Her powers are divine, and therefore, much more potent."

The angel blushed, and then bit her lip.
  "I'm really sorry for dragging you everywhere. Right after I heal Maeve," here she gestured to the  girl, "we can do whatever you want." Upon saying this, she carefully crept toward the bed. "Maeve, how are you feeling?" she asked.

"How the hell do you think I feel, stupid angel?!" she shot back. "This damn fever is making me feel naseous and dizzy."

"It has no effect on your tongue, it would seem," Noira pointed out, her face blank.
  "Look, it's not like I get sick often. Just do the damn spell and get it over with! I need to make sure that Kat is..." she stopped. Kat was already there. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a second. If you're here, does that mean...?"

"Nevermind, Maeve," Noira said. She turned her gaze to Aceltia, still dubious and untrusting of the newcomer. "I doubt that Maeve's body will resist the healing spell, but it is probably better to not be in here while it is cast." She opened the door to the hallway, and stepped through the doorframe, holding the door open.

She looked expectantly at the hawk girl to do the same. "Close it behind you," she instructed.

Anonymous

She did this obediently and swiftly. The bitterness that hung in the air made her feel insecure and so all she knew was to wait quietly. In this state she withdrew. It was her way of avoiding in problems or complications that could possibly come from her opening her mouth and saying something. The scent of magic became quite thick and Aceltia felt it. Surely it was the angel's magic preparing to be worked.
The scent gave her flashbacks, and she stood, letting them pass through her mind...
Davainii hit the floor, absorbing the blow uncomfortably. He didn't show his pain, for that was not how he was brought up, but the sound of cracking bone would surely reveal it. Gaurtann's magic swelled in his palms and the wicked man sent another shock through Davainii. Aceltia found herself between them, stopping the bolt with herself. Surges of electrical and magical energy fused together and she too, hit the ground...
The memory faded and she found herself breathing heavily. She hadn't had a flashback for a long time, and she hoped that no one noticed that she was sweating.

Anonymous

Noira was not an unkind person, but was inclined not to be entirely trusting of any new person she met. Her friend was being hunted, and she wasn't sure if Aceltia was really who Kat said she was.

But the noblewoman sensed memories filtering through this individual. Emotions to which her sister, the one who would harm Kat, was foreign. She softened as the emotions began to filter through her own body.

This girl was the same as her. The past loomed over both of them, leaking into their lives. Noira felt very guilty, now.
  "I apologize if I seemed harsh. Kathryn tends to be...more trusting than is safe," she said at last.

Then, overcome by her maternal instincts, she added,
"Conjuring up images from the past that are painful will only bring you further pain." Her voice was gentle, and knowing. "Though it is difficult, you must leave it behind you. Just as the crocus peeps through the frozen snow, so must you find the strength to emerge through the weight of the past in order to show the world your blossom." She pressed into Aceltia's hand something that looked rather like a rectangular screen, or mirror.

"If you get into trouble, call us. We will come."

At this moment, Kat opened the door, cautiously.
   "Um...I'm done. I sent Maeve back to Infinity. I'm sure that Noira-san is very busy..."
   "Not at all. However, if you feel the need to leave, by all means, do." She smiled at Aceltia, which very much shocked Kat.

"Um...I'm r-ready when Aceltia is..." she stammered.

Anonymous

Aceltia was caught off guard with Noira's words. She didn't understand how the other knew. A moment of softness befell her, and she peered at the mirror, closing her hand when Kat walked in. The warmth of comfort circulated through her, the words had soaked in. Then all of the sudden her stomach growled and surely everyone else in the room had heard. The feeling of hunger and emptiness had been pushed aside during all the excitement and she'd forgotten. She blushed, "Uh, does anyone know where we could get some good food?"

The hawkling couldn't remember when she last ate...
Yesterday? No... that was another traveling day...
What about the day before that? Ah, maybe the last of her jelly rolls...
Her mouth desired to savor the taste of cheese-rice and kuus-kuus.

Anonymous

To Aceltia:

OOC: Meet me in Ketra. Either use our old one or make a new one - doesn't matter to me.

Kat smiled brightly.
      "I'm sure we could get plenty of food at the marketplace!" she replied gaily.

To ~*Angel of the Fallen Dead*~
OOC: It's okay, don't worry about it. I'm also busy with schoolwork, so. ^^()

Noira had left the two newfound friends to plan their journey, and returned to Adrianna and Lukas, to find that only the latter remained.

Today had been full of surprises, and she was actually quite worn.
  "Where is Adrianna?" she asked.

Anonymous

Lukas once again noted when Noria came back. He was reading now his notes set aside. The book had no title was just black and clearly worn.

He looked up at her words and shrugged slightly. "Im not sure. Is there a garden or trees around here? Most likely that would be your best bet. She said she was going to get some fresh air though." He paused flashing her one of his usual grins.
"If you wish to talk to her I could call her for you. She could be here in a short time depending on how far away she is."

Already his mind was searching for her familiar link. He smiled as he noted it was blocked off. He looked at Noria waiting he really didn't want to force her mind if he didn't have too.

Anonymous

"No, it is fine." She returned the smile, though hers quickly faded. She then busied herself with finding enough room for a circle. It occurred to her that she had never really asked about the book nor the notes. She paused what she was doing, something she always did because she felt movement was distracting when one was attempting to have a conversation.

"What does that book say?" she asked. "There is no title, so I cannot tell its subject." She had many books when she was younger, and like everyone else, had some she enjoyed enough to read more than once, some that were interesting enough for only one read, and others that she abandoned before the end came.

"Where I live, there are an assortment of different creatures under the same roof. There is a wind mage and priestess called Aira who has an impressive library in her room, though the means of getting there are...unconventional." She smiled as she thought of the stoic and straightforward Seer.

She continued to make her circle. A faded copper-coloured glow appeared behind her steps, but quickly disappeared when she would take another step forward. At last, the circle was complete, and the noble knelt in the center.

Noira calmly waited to see if Lukas would respond.

Anonymous

Lukas grinned at her. "This book? Well it is mainly of our travels. Places we saw stuff of that sorts. But it also has my father's travels in it."

He grinned again and watched her make the circle. "I hoping one day that we have traveled and seen more things then he ever did."

Anonymous

To Kat
OOC: She awaits you in Ketra under a topic titled "Food?"

Anonymous

Noira smiled as she closed her eyes.
  "And perhaps you shall," she said softly, before descending into her meditation mode.

This would give her back the energy she had lost, and replenish her magic, which was almost completely spent. What a shame she didn't have infinite magic like some other creatures. No, there was only so much energy in the air at a given time.

Nature wore out eventually. She needed time to rest before she would allow the Intajiasen woman to draw from her power.

Anonymous

When Noira opened her eyes again, the sun was sending splashes of reds and oranges across the floor. It had taken longer than usual to replenish her magic, but one could not rush nature; she had her own time.

She gathered herself together, taking in her surroundings before she ever so slowly rose to her feet. The type of meditation she did disconnected her from her body. To make sure that her essence was not still scattered about, she moved her fingers.

She continued through the ballet stretches she had been taught from her human - well, half-human now - friend, and smiled as each body part did as it was told. A smirk lingered over her face as she thought about how strange she must have looked.