Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lost Little Lamb (Closed / Finished)

Started by CyclicalCycal, October 01, 2016, 04:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyclicalCycal

Cara nodded. "Father lives there." She gave no further explanation, perhaps unable. Perhaps unwilling.

Medievarad

Rin nodded once again. "Does he know you're here? Can you lead us to him?" She inquired, still wearing the same soft smile.

CyclicalCycal

"No. He's sleeping. He's been sleeping for so long, I think he's really tired." Cara said, rather bluntly, blankly staring up at Rin.

Medievarad

She frowned softly. "Oh.. For how long has he been sleeping?" She inquired, "how about your mother?"

CyclicalCycal

Cara paused, for a very long while. She then spoke, her voice containing nothing but pure and utter confusion, her question entirely serious. "What's a mother?"

Medievarad

Rin frowned softly. "Your female parent," she answered with a soft frown. "You don't have one?"

CyclicalCycal

"Oh, no. I just have father, but he's sleeping." Cara explained, again, ignoring the fact she had already told Rin this.

Medievarad

"I see," Rin tutted her lips, thinking. "Can you take me to him? Perhaps we need to wake him?"

CyclicalCycal

"He's a long, long way away..." Cara mumbled, wearily. "I-It'll take a while to-to get there..." She replied. "B-But I could."

Medievarad

Rin nodded again. "If you're sure we can make the trip," she smiled softly. "Then we can."

CyclicalCycal

Cara tilted her her head, thinking about this for a very long while. After some time, she nodded, going to grab at Rin's hand as she hopped up. "Let's go, then." She explained, moving to begin leading Rin away.

Medievarad

Her eyes widened as Cara suddenly jumped up and started to pull on her hand. A soft chuckle left her as she nodded, following the child along. "Alright," she chirped with the same soft smile.

CyclicalCycal

Cara marched off, ready to travel. She knew it'd be a long journey to the forest, but that would be rather easy. No, the difficult part would be when they reached the grove...

...but that wouldn't be for a long time, now! Nothing to worry about.

(Continued in The Verdant Dreamer)

Tags: