Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Adventure calls! [DragonSong] [Archived!]

Started by Medievarad, October 09, 2016, 12:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Another day of the same old bustle at the market, it was getting quite irritating by now, day in and day out bartering and haggling for the best deals, to learn the trade. Plan caravan routes, to learn the trade. His father was still determined to make him into a merchant.

He huffed softly as he pressed the door shut again, stepping into the small house he had recieved from none other than his father. It was a nice house and he was more than grateful for it. But he didn't want to spend his days behind a musty desk. No, Arden wanted adventure. He xanted to see the world, while he physically wasn't one of the youngest anymore, he still had a strong desire to travel.

Arden walked through the small living room, pulling up one of the flasks of water, bringing it up to his lips and sipping from it, sitting down at the small table.

DragonSong

Kitty was napping, curled nose to tail with her ears pressed flush to her skull. One ear flicked up when she heard the sound of someone entering the room. Yawning, she sat up and arched her back, the chirped a greeting, padding over to her master on nearly silent paws.

Medievarad

Arden sat up again, rubbing her head affectionately, before moving his hand to scratch her chin. "Hello girl, slept all day?" He asked with a soft smile.

DragonSong

The shifter purred and butted her head into his hand, then scraped her tongue over his palm.

Leaning back, she arched her spine and settled into her humanoid form, collar settling around her neck with a few clinks of interlocking gold chain. "Most of it." She smiled and tilted her head. "Should I get you something, sir?"

Medievarad

"Hm," Arden glanced at her, before thinking it over. "Not right now, Kitty," he settled on, smiling softly. "Just keep me company," he added, before leaning back into his seat, closing his eyes momentarily.

DragonSong

The panther smiled and nodded, then settled back into her feline form and curled up around his feet, purring quietly.

Medievarad

Arden leaned in to scratch behind her ear, before sitting back with a soft sigh, taking another sip from his water. What a dull life this is," he mused after several minutes of silence.

DragonSong

Kitty yawned and sprawled out a little more. Cats liked dull, even the big ones. Or at least she did. Relax. She butted his leg.

She was never sure if Arden really understood her actions as a panther, but she liked the think he usually got the gist- they'd been together long enough.

Medievarad

Arden was quite intelligent and most of her messages did come through. "I know, Kitty," he sighed softly. "But I want to see the world," he added, putting the flask down on the table again. "But you know how father is."

DragonSong

Another yawn and she rolled onto her back into human form. "The world is boring." She nudged his leg with her toe. "Why spend your time running about with no food or shelter when you could just stay here?"

Medievarad

"Because that is exciting," Arden replied, looking down at her, holdingbout the flask as a wordless gesture. "I want to see how other cultures live, trade. I want to see their tradition. I don't just want to write registers and pay caravans to trade for me."

DragonSong

She crinkled her nose and shook her head at the flask. "Who says it's better than here? What if the world out there is too dangerous?"

Medievarad

He pulled the flask back, settling it on the table. "Don't know," Arden answered. "But by sitting here, we'll never find out, now will we?"

Medievarad

Arden chuckled softly. "At least admit that you're curious," he asked, sitting up, glancing towards Kitty with a soft smirk.

DragonSong

Another roll of her eyes and she shifted back into cat form with an obstinate, "No."

Medievarad

Arden still smirked. "No to being curious or no to admitting it?" He inquired, before chuckling again.

DragonSong

The panther gave him as droll a look as she could pull off in her current form and gave a little shiver, flicking her tail to tap his leg before yawning widely and sprawling out in front of his feet, collar clinking gently.

Medievarad

Arden chuckled softly. "So first you shut me down and now you want me to rub your belly," he remarked with a soft sigh, leaning forward to start rubbing the panther's flank and belly. "And here I'm even doing it," he added with a chuckle.

DragonSong

Kitty purred, eyes going to contented slits, as smug as a cat could look. Her tail swished in lazy, contented arcs and she batted at him with a paw every once in a while playfully.