Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Tainted Shall Never Be Free [P]

Started by Blink, November 10, 2016, 05:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

It was always when he held her that she felt the most safe and calm. Even as he spoke it was hard for her to concentrate knowing his body was so close to hers, but still she listened. He went on about how they would teach their children to fight and protect themselves, and he had a point.

"I will make you a deal" her face still gazing into the flames of the fire. "I will consider it once I feel we are safe. The last thing we need is for me to carry a child right now. If I did, you might as well multiply my normal sale price by 10."

She wondered how much her worth would actually increase if she were with child. It would most likely depend on the gamble one was willing to make. She could see it now.. them wondering if the child would take after its mother or father... or have a whole new ability of its own.

Either way it was something she would always think about, but like Lanister said, not something she had to decide on right at this moment. There was one thing she could decide on though, and it was something she wanted very badly at this moment.

"How about an afternoon nap? All of these delicious foods you just gave me deserve to rest in my stomach for a bit longer..." Of course Nevayah had no intention of taking a nap, she never did. His words of their future had moved her in a way that they usually did. They left her craving.. they left her hungry, but not for food.... for Lanister.

Salzem

"Whatever you say, my beautiful lady..." Lanister flirted, smiling gently. Though, secretly, he wondered what would make her feel safe after all they had actually been through... Would it be the destruction of this slaver faction? A contingent of guards sworn to protect outside their door or simply a place that was truly their own? As he wondered, however, Nevayah's suggestion that they "Take a nap" broke him out of his train of thought, dragging him back down to reality, a glorious, wonderful reality. By "nap", Lanister understood the underlying meaning, grinning wide as he usually did when they decided to do such things... Usually, it was he who took the lead, suggesting they do what they do with a kiss, or an advance or something to get her in that frame of mind, but she was the one who led him this time and he wasn't about to take that away.

"Alright..." He agreed, topping off the barrels so their preservation was not tested before heading back into the bed-room with Nevayah no doubt right behind. He'd sit on the bedside, waiting for her to come within arm's length and begin the kiss that would start their joining. Their lips meeting quickly, powerfully in the kiss that would spark the whole movement once again. Quickly and without delay, his hands were all over her, tracing the lines of her body he hadn't been able to get too yet, slowly completing the trace of his mental figure of her, the one he could see if he closed his eyes. Eventually, his palms rested on her cheeks, just holding her lips to his as they lay there on the bed, starting the event Nevayah was hoping to avoid only a few minutes earlier.

Blink

Eagerly she followed him to the bed throwing herself onto the plush blanket that kept them warm at night. Curling up she reciprocated Lanister's affections, kissing him with just as much passion as he did her. And so it began, the before during and after of them connecting in more ways than one.

-x-

Laying there she stared at the ceiling of the cellar, tracing the cracks and curvatures with her mind. Her body was too tired to really do anything else. Even with the precious nutrients from the fruits she had consumed her body was running on low fuel. Between the events that had transpired that morning and the action that herself and Lanister had just participated in she was physically exhausted.

It didn't take long for her eyes to slowly close as she stared upwards, slowly fading into a slumber. If someone had been staring at her and blinked, they would have missed her falling to sleep. It was that suddenly that her body had decided it needed a rest.

She dreamt of the things her and Lanister had been speaking of only moments before. She dreamed they were in a cottage somewhere safe. The wind peacefully blew over the hilltop that led down to their home. And then, two children carrying many features of both herself and Lanister came running over the hill.

Nashya would smile at them only to see their figures not running in joy towards their mother, but away from those pursuing them. Soon the figures of men with shackles in hand appeared behind her would-be children, grabbing them and throwing confines on their wrists. Nevayah would scream out for them only for silence to escape her mouth.

Soon it was as if there were slavers coming from every direction, some from inside their home and others from every direction she looked towards. With the screams of her children in the distance Nevayah would begin running towards them for an attempt at a rescue. She didn't make it far... the slavers had grabbed her from behind and shackled her wrists as well.

It was then she saw Lanister, his lifeless body being drug away, no doubt he had been knocked out to keep him from exposing his blood to them. What began as a dream had turned into the nightmare she had always feared. It was as if she was watching a scene unfold before her in hell. Her cottage burned in the background as her family was drug away to be sold.. and there was nothing she could do about it.

While on the outside she appeared to be peacefully slumbering with her chest rising and falling in rhythm. On the inside she was living her worst nightmare... her own personal form of hell.

Salzem

Lanister slept soundly besides Nevayah, his arm draped around her side as they both dreamed their dreams. Lanister imagined their lovely kids, small, cute and all theirs, running behind him in a field, their faces invigorated, enjoying their movement. Behind them though... the beautiful meadow burned... men with torches and chains marching after them robotically. As they came over the rise, He saw Nevayah there, staring at them expectantly, as if she were anticipating them running toward her... The kids dashed past their father as Lanister met eyes with his wife (in the dream), his tongue dancing around in his mouth, unable to get a solid word out. Frustrated, he took a breath to scream, to express his distress without voicing a word, but before he could let it out, something struck him in the back of the head, causing him to fall flat on his face, nearly knocking him out immediately. The last thing he saw as he was hauled away was Nevayah's expression of love mutate into one of horror.

----------------------------------

Lanister awoke to Nevayah's screams and thrashing, as if she were fighting off an invisible assailant. By the ferocity of which she fought, one might have thought their very lives.... or the lives of their children were at stake. Even though he had just woken up and his brain was getting used to being used again, Lanister understood what was going on with his lover. Her eyes were closed, her voice slurred, her body moving as if she were swimming through a dream.... She was still asleep. In an attempt to keep her from harming herself, the boy climbed atop Nevayah in some attempt to keep her pinned down and immobile, but her strength (even if asleep), was powerful. He grabbed her wrists and pressed his weight down against her limbs, pinning her arms to the mattress, though it was no easy feat.

"Nevayah..." Lanister whispered to her, in some attempt to draw her out. If she did not respond the first time, Lanister would get louder, more forceful in his tone of voice. "Nevayah! Its just a dream!" He'd nearly yell before he lost his grip on one of her arms. If she did not awaken, the hand would strike him in the cheek, a perfectly placed punch that might have made him proud if it didn't hurt so much. He fell back to his side of the bed holding a hand to his face as if that would make the throbbing go down. Again, he tried to subdue Nevayah's thrashing form, this time wrapping his arms around her front, pulling himself to her so that his chest was to hers, as was the rest of him to her. He'd hold her tightly to him until she awoke, unsure if he should even pull away...

"Nevayah...?" He asked, staring into her eyes. Something had to be there... After all that... something had to be there... "Are you okay...?"

Blink

Her nightmare continued as she felt the pressure on her wrists intensify. Looking down though all she could see were the shackles placed upon her. Why were they getting tighter? It was then a slaver came and knocked her down to the ground, climbing atop of her. She felt his body's weight against her as he took on the face of something horrifying.

She could feel him trying to pin her down, trying to keep her from moving. So she fought, harder than she thought possible. She pushed, she kicked... she punched. She felt the weight lift from her as her punch hit the man, knocking him off of her. But it was very short lived as he once again grabbed her, holding her limbs down so that he may subdue her.

In her dream she had lost, he had succeeded in making her immobile. So she did all that she knew how do to, she faded. She turned off the switch in her mind that kept the emotions coming. Like a breath of fresh air she could no longer feel it... any of it. Her chest no longer hurt from the pain of losing all she loved. So now it was as if she were a ghost, floating above the emotionless girl that lay in the dirt, subdued by a slaver.

"NO!" she screamed, this time her voice was loud and not trapped. "NO NO NO NO NO!" She was screaming at the shell of the girl she once was. She couldn't let herself give up, not like this, not when she had so much more to fight for. Feeling defeated and helpless she screamed more repeating the same two letter word over and over again.

And then she awoke to Lanister... a very close and restraining Lanister. He was looking into her eyes for something... looking for her to do something. Allowing herself to calm a bit she paused before she spoke, realizing it was all just a dream. "I'm fine...." she averted her eyes from him. "Can I get up?" her voice sounded defeated, cold and empty. The most shocking part being that she for once was not thrown off by his bare body against hers.

Salzem

"No you aren't and no you can't." He said firmly, for the first time not letting things go the way she wanted them. For the first time since he met her a week ago, this was the only time he had ever denied her. After she thrashed about like that, screaming and fighting him, resisting whatever had attacked her in her mind... No, Lanister couldn't let it go at that. He stared her down even if she refused to meet his gaze. With their blood-link, he could feel all that fear and anxiety from within within his own stomach, the emotional connection between them so intense, it terrified him. What he felt... Cold, hollow, beaten... it was as if she watched her loved ones die in front of her and all else burned all around. He could see how visibly crushed she was... how worn and wasted her eyes were...

"Talk to me." He demanded, still holding her down on the bed. It was only after he spoke did he realize how... heavy and a-matter-of-factly his tone was, as if he were one of the slavers themselves, declaring their victory. Immediately, his face grew softer as did the pressure on Nevayah, wanting to show she was in no danger anymore. "Nevayah... It was just a dream..." he whispered, turning his confining grip into a hug. He wrapped his arms around her, his chin on her shoulder as he hugged her gently. "It's okay, Nevayah... its okay..." Just seeing her seem to regress like this back to her previous state of unfeeling... it was horror... it was torture... it was like watching your other half get eaten alive by worms. And as repulsive as that may have been, Lanister refused to let her go. Not now, not later, not ever... He was her partner, damn it... They completed each-other and he wasn't about to let her fall back into who she once was!

"Please, Nevayah... please talk to me..." Normally, she was at least slightly diverted by the sight of their naked forms together but the way she looked at them... with a bored, cold glare... it was like looking into the metal gears of a machine... and it's name was Nevayah... He kissed the center of her forehead softly as he waited for her to speak, unwilling to let her go until he knew exactly what was bothering her.

Blink

His denial of her request shocked her, but it was more of how he spoke that almost... frightened her. She flinched as he demanded she talk to him, causing her to draw more within herself. She couldn't see his face soften as she was avoiding his eyes, but she did however feel him ease off of her.

"I know it was just a dream" her voice still cold and agitated. She wasn't mad at Lannister at all, if anything her dream made her realize how much she loved him. It also made her angry... angry at all slavers and the threat they held in her future. She layed still as he hugged her, halfheartedly returning the hug.

It was when he pleaded with her to talk to him that she finally met his gaze, his endearing eyes helping with her attitude, but only a little. "What is there to talk about? I had a bad dream, bad dreams mess with your head." his kiss on her forehead caused her to soften a little more, but part of her was still frigid. Even so she felt horrible for how she was treating him. In no way did her deserve to be the person she directed her hostility at.

"I don't want to relive it by telling you...." not finishing her sentence she lifted a palm towards him, holding it out so that he would know what she wanted.

Salzem

Her reactions to his request broke his heart, not because of the tones or anything really. He could forgive her for that. It was the fact that she looked him in the eye and she lied to him that really shattered the boy. The moment she told him that her dreams were just bad dreams, he knew that she wasn't telling him any more than when she had first woke up. She just refused to. The only real honesty she had given him was when she said she didn't want to relieve those moments by telling him which he could understand but... Lanister was visibly hurt by what she had said, withdrawing just enough to see her face once again. And then he saw her palm extended to him and he knew what she wanted... Grabbing onto her scratched hand with his, their blood mixed, their memories mixed, and he saw what she remembered.

It was the same dream he had but from her own perspective, watching the burning of their homes, the capture of their children and then, that of themselves. They were helpless, brutalized, defeated before they ever had a chance to resist... He watched through her eyes as the children were chained and boxed like rabid dogs, taken away from them as quickly as they had come into their dreams. And then... it ended... Lanister stared at his lover for the longest time, not saying a word. He looked as if he were probing her, looking for an answer to an unanswerable question within the confines of her eyes. Spontaneously, Lanister would place a kiss on Nevayah's lips, pouring all his heart and soul into this moment, the passion, the love, the understanding somehow, they were all there and just as obvious as the one before it. He didn't linger either. He pulled away from the kiss only a few seconds after contact, ready to speak.

"I'm your friend..." He said, placing a hand on her shoulder and releasing his grip entirely. "I am your lover.... and I want to be your husband...." He spoke each of these words firmly and without hesitation, not a single drop of resistance or distress notable. "I'd give my life for you, my love, just as I would any of our children... Without a moment's consideration or any second thought, I would end myself just to have you live on... I've said it so many times, but I've never meant it more than I do now: I love you Nevayah.... I love, love, love you for all that you are...." He took his hand from her shoulder and smiled brightly at her. "We're in this together, right...?"

Blink

"Right"

She tried to smile the best she could considering her mood. It wasn't as if she didn't believe it, because she did. It was more so that her nightmare had caused her attitude to shift slightly. It would wear away in time and she would return to her normal happy self.

To get things off of her mind she tried to take in the atmosphere around her. In the cellar... check. In the bed... check. Next to Lanister.... check. Naked next to Lanister....check. "Well I am not sleeping anytime soon.." she finally had broken the one word silence she had been giving him.

"So when do I get to meet the merchant?" She had taken things completely off subject now. As if scratching out one horrible subject with another she realized what she had done and felt horrible for it. In an attempt to show Lanister she was still there... just in a mood... she finally returned his embrace with one of her own. Except this time she held it for a moment longer than normal.

It was as if letting herself really hug him melted away any doubts or fears she had been holding since waking up. "... and I am sorry" managing to get the apology in before he would even have a chance to process what she said moments before.

Salzem

Lanister could tell her smile was forced, so he wondered why she even bothered. Whether it was for his sake or her own was impossible to say, but nevertheless, her reaction only made him worry more. He would not say another word, however, breaking his hug and starting to get dressed, slipped his pants back on when Nevayah asked when they could meet the merchant. He glanced back at her there on the bed, expression unreadable, before returning to his clothes.

"....Right now probably." He responded as nonchalantly as if she asked him when dinner was ready. He could feel everything that was going on within her, the radical, painful emotions that came with the horrible nightmares she had experienced. When she suffered, he suffered.... When she felt lost, he felt lost... It was as if they were two parts of a whole being, trying so desperately to cling to one-another while some force between them struggled to rip them apart. Before Lanister could get up. Nevayah forced him around to face her before wrapping her arms around him and returning the hug he gave, mumbling that she was sorry. For a moment, he didn't do anything, just looked at her as she clung to his chest, and then he sighed and wrapped his arms around her as well, allowing them to share in the action. They clung to each-other slightly longer than they normally would have before Lanister pulled away just enough to see her before brushing a couple strands of her hair out of her face.

"Lets go see the merchant, okay, hon?" He murmured before pulling away and grabbing his jacket. He slipped it on as he made his way to the ladder, climbing up quickly before peeking out into the world above. Yeah... it was already night with no moon lighting their way. Typically a bad omen from what little superstition he knows, but who really believed in such things anyway? After climbing out of the cellar and waiting for Nevayah to do the same, they would head back into the city, a city of slaves.

Blink

Nevayah waited until Lanister had gotten completely out of the bed before she followed suit, collecting her clothes from the floor. While she first slipped on her shorts and stockings she thought of how this entire day had been. It was truly a roller coaster of highs and lows, mostly lows.

Lanister had already made his way towards the ladder before Nevayah had completely dressed. In a hurry she slipped on her shirt and grabbed her bag, carrying her boots with her towards the exit. Slipping on one then the other in a half hopping motion she reached for the first rung on the ladder. Looking back she saw her scarf laying on the floor, the first time she was going to go anywhere without it.

She released her single hand from the rung on the ladder and walked back into the depths of the cellar. Instead of grabbing her scarf though she reached for a cloak Lanister had gotten her earlier in the week. Sliding her arms into the soft sleeves she buttoned the front closed. With the events that had transpired that morning she did not want to give anyone a reason to suspect she was the same girl from that very morning.

Making her way back to the ladder she climbed up after her love and looked at the black sky that peaked through the broken roof of the abandoned shack that concealed their home. The ominous feeling made her uncomfortable in more than one way.

Pulling the hood of the cloak over her head she walked up behind Lanister searching for his hand in the dark. She was nervous, and could think of nothing more comforting than walking hand in hand with the boy she loved. Even if they had been having an emotionally rough day, she still felt as connected to him as she did that morning, if not more.

Salzem

Lanister looked back as Nevayah felt around in the darkness for his hand before she eventually found what she was looking for. Her fingers wrapped around his palm and he hers. He said nothing on her choice of clothing, neither acknowledging her choice in the cloak nor her decision to leave her trademark scarf behind. He really had nothing to say... not even in the field of keeping his lover calm. Only occasionally did he look back every quarter mile or so, his eyes blank and his expression semi-serious, not unlike the expression Nevayah once wore a week ago. No one was out on a night like this, where the streets were painted black with shadow and the ground seemed to shift and twist around them should they look down. It seemed there was no lights in the sky, as if the stars above were just painted dots on an abnormally high ceiling. Nevayah was feeling better, he could sense this, but he was not... If she payed attention to the sensation in her guts, she would feel a great turmoil of emotions, confusion and sadness being the most prominent. He couldn't understand why she wouldn't want to talk about this with him, the only other one who could ever understand her as deeply as was needed. It felt... isolating, even if her soft, warm hand was resting in his. They were only a block or two from their destination before Lanister came to a dead stop. They stood in a thin alley, almost so thin as they needed to walk one behind the other. He turned and faced her , this time, his eyes were not blank nor his expression fierce. They were, at the very least, determined. He was not going to budge. Not anymore.

"Talk to me." He said, extending his arms off to either side of him, practically touching the walls with his fingers. "We're not going anywhere until you're completely honest with me." The boy would grow angry if Nevayah attempted to sway him or move around to get at the door, his expression souring and his eyes very nearly bursting into flame with how much passion flowed into them. "Listen, Nevayah. Listen to me. When you woke up, you looked the same. damned. way you did when I first found you: blank, hopeless, almost like you wanted to die. Do you know how much that scares me? Do you know how much it hurts to see that face on you now...?" His words were forced whispers, but each one had the same impact as if he were yelling. "Do you know how.... devastating it is to see the woman you love start to regress back to a statue.... a-and you are wondering if you could have done more....?" His breath became labored and his eyes seemed to swell with tears but he didn't dare stop. "Nevayah.... talk to me! I care for you... I care about you! Let me help you!"

Blink

Nevayah walked in silence trailing alongside Lanister. She found the lack of anyone else about eerie and uncomforting as they turned into a small alley. It was so narrow in fact that Nevayah was forced to release her hand from his to trail behind him... it was then he stopped.

His face was covered in a fierce expression as he demanded Nevayah talk to him. His arms extended to each side to block her from continuing forwards she felt trapped, she felt imprisoned. If this was how he wanted her to talk this was surely an extreme way to go about it. Suddenly feeling very confined she wrapped her arms around herself as if to protect her from the walls closing in.

Her eyes pled with his, not wanting to relive the horrible nightmare she had just managed to push back. Slowly she lowered to her knees as her body began to close up even further. Within a matter of a few moments she was nothing more than a trembling mess knelt down in the sand mixed stone alley ground. "I saw just what I told you I feared most..." tears streamed down the bridge of her nose dripping onto the barren ground.

"I saw all of us living so happy and free only to have it ripped from us. Our very lives were torn away in a matter of seconds." as she spoke the anger she felt towards the slavers came to life. "I saw you being dragged away! I saw our would be children thrown in cages like animals!" her voice was loud, but not enough as to be heard from more than a few feet away.

"I felt a piece of my heart break and fall into the darkness that was once me. I felt myself turn back into that corpse of a being just barely alive enough to be considered human!" Dropping her hands from her sides she placed them on the ground, grasping the dirt under her palms, as if squeezing the ground would somehow alleviate the pressure in her heart.

Her voice was much softer now, but yet still broken. "I feel like every time you build me up I just fall back apart Lanister. B-but I am trying so hard to be everything you see in me. I am trying so so hard not to turn back into that girl you found in the cage." she broke her gaze from the ground to look at him hoping he had finally heard all he wanted to hear. "So there... that is what is wrong with me! I am scared to death that something is going to happen and I am going to dissapear again!" her voice grew loud once more as her statement became even more emotional. "And that scares me to death because if I become that girl again then that means no more love... no more connection... no more you. And a life without you in it is not a life worth living."

Salzem

Lanister watched and listened as the woman he loved fell apart right in front of him, explaining all that had been eating away at her. She fell into a weeping mess on the ground, telling him how she feared that all she was would disappear back into the girl she was... that she would lose his love, their connection, and then eventually him... That a life without him was one that wasn't worth living. He stood there, staring down at her for only a moment more before he was t her side in an instant, his arms wrapped around her shoulders, his face nuzzling hers. The night and the black was their friend in this case, blocking their actions from those that would attempt to watch. He curled his body around hers in an effort to be as close as possible, to squeeze himself as near to her as he possibly could out in the open.

"I will never leave you..." He mumbled, tears running down his face as he nuzzled her, rubbing her cheeks with his, their lips meeting frequently in this act. "I'll never leave you, Nevayah.... I'll always love you....ALWAYS..." He pulled his cheeks away from hers, their faces just far enough away so that they could see each-other. "A life without you in it is not a life worth living..." he echoed, before placing a soft, gentle kiss on her lips before returning to nuzzling her once again. "Don't be afraid... you don't have to be afraid..." he shook his head as he looked at her with tears running down his face like rivers. "You're not going to disappear again, my love... You won't... I won't let it happen!" He took her hands in his and stared at her straight on before pressing her forehead to his, his eyes closing as he did so.

"Oh, Nevayah... I will never let you change from the beautiful you that you are right now..." He vowed, his eyes showing nothing but bottomless pools of love, pure, untainted love. "Never leave me, my love... my beautiful Nevayah, my wonderful lover and the one I cherish above all, even myself... Don't go... Stay here... with me..." He pulled his head away from hers only to kiss her again, longer this time, his love for her communicated in their contact. When he pulled away, his voice was breathy, but far from lustful... It was something more complex than lust.

"Stay with me.... So we can marry..."

Blink

Her distress was comforted by Lanister's closeness as he lowered himself to her. All to willingly she accepted his arms around her and the kisses on her lips. She nodded as he spoke of how he would always love her and how he felt the same as her.

As he went from pressing his forehead to hers to kissing her once more she heard his plea of always staying with him, and then he spoke words she had only dreamt of. Overwhelmed by emotion she practically launched herself at him wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I will stay with you, I will always be here" her eyes were still full of tears, but no longer tears of agony and sadness but tears of joy. "Lanister I want to marry you too!" she tightened her arms around him even more burying her face into his shoulder never wanting to let him go.

It was moments like this that she shared with him that caused her to fall deeper and deeper in love with him. He always seemed to know what she needed, even if she herself did not know. Pulling her face from his shoulder she kissed him up and down his neck, ears and all over his face. Between each kiss she whispered an "I love you" in his ear. She had done this many times before, only this time she was driven by love and joy rather than lust and hunger.

Salzem

Lanister fell backwards, yelping in surprise as Nevayah leaped on him spontainously. She wrapped her arms around his neck as she lay there on top of him, staring down at him with ever-increasing love. And then she said the words that made his heart stop in his chest: I want to mary you too! She spoke it with such emotion, such joy, it was as if she had been fantasizing about this moment for months... He stared up at the wonderful, beautiful. Overjoyed face of his lover, but he did not smile. He could not. It wouldn't be able to express the absolute joy he felt in her reciprocating his feelings. When she began kissing up and down his face and neck, Lanister didn't even think about stopping her. Every time her lips left his skin, he placed one on hers, the neck, lips, cheek-bones... He was sure his love for her had transcended calculate-ability and passed into a room beyond infinity... He knew now that no matter what happened to either of them, he would love her with as much zeal as he did right now. As they lay there in the dirt, just cuddling and kissing, whispering "I love you"'s back and forth, Lanister's eye had caught the way they'd came and a dark red blush washed over his face. What if someone saw them like this...? They'd most certainly get the wrong I idea if they were lucky and if they weren't... they'd get the right idea and they'd find themselves in another cage...

"Nevayah..." Lanister said after their lips met once more... "Nevayah...." *kiss* "...not..." *kiss* "here..." He struggled to sit up, to gently push his bride-to-be away just enough so they could retain their barrings. If she still did not stop, Lanister would reach over, place his hands on either sides of her face and kiss her solidly, long, until he ran out of breath. He pulled away so the very tiniest space was between them. "N-not out here...." he mumbled, glancing behind them into the streets, kissing her again. "When we get home... My beautiful wife..." he snickered at that, not at all intimidated by the idea of marriage. He wanted so badly to keep doing what they was doing... If only it didn't draw attention... If she then retracted, Lanister would get to his feet and smile the most radiant smile at his betrothed. He took his hand in hers once again, feeling a sort of warm tingling blast through his body just at the mere touch of her...It was the most unfortunate thing that they were on a mission tonight...

They came to the door not half-an-hour later, Lanister slipping 3 things from the sleeve of his coat: 2 vials, one empty and one filled with his blood, and an almost hair-thin needle. He handed both the vial and the needle to Nevayah, pausing for a moment before kissing her once more. He couldn't help it... she had made him so happy tonight... He winked at her with his cutest expression before knocking on the door in a specific pattern along the outside of the worn wood before knocking the center, a signal that he was bringing in someone new to do business. Silence for several moments, almost long enough to believe that he might have put the code in wrong, but then, he heard the muffled voice of his merchant inside.

Do you swear on behalf of this newcomer that they shall not disrupt nor expose our operations, and that the merchandise they bring will always be valuable?

"Yes." Lanister said flatly, not a single speck of anything other than confidence in his voice.

Silence.

.....Then Proceed... What do have for me today, kid? If Nevayah had finished taking her blood, Lanister would gesture for her to hand it to him before he slipped his blood into the slot near the bottom of the door. "The usual...." He paused, notching Nevayah's vial half-in and half-out of the slot. "And something new. This blood is not the same as mine, no, it's a counterpart, the best miracle-cure you'll ever see... And yes, it must be ingested." Another pause. One could hear, if they leaned their ears up against the door, screaming, chains rattling, a cork popping somewhere... and then silence...

....What do you want? Lanister would glance back at the lovely woman that was Nevayah, his eyes asking if she had any input. If not, Lanister would turn back to the door, straight-faced.

"Two rings. Gold. Diamond. Fit for a wedding." Almost immediately after he made the request, two *thunks* could be heard at the bottom of the slot. When Lanister dug around and withdrew his hands, he held two radiant, albeit a little dirty, gold rings topped with small diamonds perfect for their fingers.

The Man behind the door was a smart business man. He knew when a good deal was out there and the pair were certainly getting far less than they traded with in the long run. Because he knew they'd keep coming back and he knew he'd be the most powerful merchant in the city if he controlled their blood.

Only one Transaction every 24 hours. Have a nice night. And with that, it was over. Lanister turned around to face his beloved, a ring in each hand and he smiled softly, walking back over to her.

"So... my love... what are you doing out here, on a night like this...?" He asked, clearly playing with her.

Blink

Her kisses were paused by his statement of not happening here. She could not help but be slightly disjointed at his accusation. Of course she was not foolish enough to partake in such and action right here in the alley. She would much rather save it for the confines of their comfortable home.

It was when he called her his beautiful wife that she was brought back to the moment, realizing they had something they had set out to do. As he grabbed her hand in his they made their way towards their destination. It took about half and hour or so to finally come face to face with an intimidating door tucked away off the streets.

Lanister handed her a vial and a hair-thin needle to withdraw the blood from her veins. She was almost hesitant as she held her arm in front of herself exposing the precious blood trails beneath her skin. Beyond the scars and marks that covered her arm was the pale blue hint at life underneath her skin. Taking in a deep breath and clenching her fist she inserted the needle just below the crease on the inside of her elbow.

The liquid flowed out and she held the tube to catch the precious blood now dripping from her body. She watched as the vial filled, very aware of what she was doing to herself and almost hating herself for it. It was truly a sad sight seeing her doing the very thing to herself that she hated others doing. How long would she be able to convince herself this was her only worth? That the only thing that made Nevayah herself was the crimson liquid that circulated throughout her body.

Topping off the vial she took the needle from her arm and bent her arm upwards to slow the blood flow. She then proceeded to hand Lanister the vial, and with it he added one of his own. Silently she watched and listened as her betrothed knocked a secret code into the door. Nevayah replayed the way he went about knocking in her mind several times in an attempt to lock it inside of her memory.

Once he slid it inside of the slot on the door Lanister looked to her to see if she wanted anything in particular. Of course there were many things she wanted, but for now she merely wanted to watch. Shaking her head to gesture she did not Lanister proceeded with his own request.

When he opened his hand to reveal the two rings he had requested Nevayah took in a breath of awe as she stared at them. So what if they were a little dirty... they were theirs. Behind these rings stood the symbolism of a life together. Whether it be peaceful or not did not matter at this moment, as long as she had Lanister always in her heart she would push through any difficulties they may come to face as a couple.

As the many thoughts of their future together raced through her mind Lanister broke the silence with a playful banter, prompting her on her whereabouts on a night like this. Raising a brow she was game... she would play along.

"Well my dearest, I do believe we were on our way for something.... sweet." Unlike before Nevayah was radiating happiness. Even with the shady deal they had just partook in she felt nothing but love and joy in the deepest parts of her heart simply from Lanisters earlier statement.

Playfully she giggled at him grabbing the edges of her thigh length cloak and curtsying like a well mannered girl. Continuing with the charade she twirled around acting like a flirtatious teenage girl in pursuit of the most dreamy knight. "Oh if only one of us knew where to find the best sweets in Essyrn."

Salzem

"Ah yes!" Lanister exclaimed, snapping his fingers. He smiled widely at his love, stuffing the rings into his jacket pocket. The glowing expression on Nevayah's face was something he loved, something that was a great relief to see, especially after the terrifying return of her blankness. He only smiled wider as she played along with his game, noting that they were both on their way to find something 'sweet' and burst out laughing when she did her little curtsy, imitating the stereotypical noble girl trying to court someone. She looked so adorable in the way she moved, the way she spoke, her lovely features only made more obvious in the shadows of the night. When she wondered if any of them knew where they could find the best sweets in Essyrn, Lanister smiled and walked closer to his love, wrapping one arm around her and using the other to tilt her chin up just a bit so that they were looking right into each-other's eyes.

"If only..." He murmured before pressing his lips to hers softly, delicately and romantically, as respectful but loving as a dreamy knight must be. He smiled into their kiss, just loving how she was just playing with him as they stood out there in the cold, blackness of night. No one in their normal mind would wander around a city such as this and be as relaxed as they, but Lanister was so enveloped in his love for Nevayah, he simply either wasn't aware of the risks or he just didn't care. Spirits, demons and bandits be damned because it all didn't matter when he stared into the deep blues of his bride-to-be. Slowly, his eyes fluttered shut as their connection continued, not escalating to the extreme levels as it did earlier that day, but rather, it was as if the priest in their wedding had given him permission to "kiss the bride." It was a funny thing... imagining himself dressed fancily, made up and cleaned to such a point to be presentable to a large crowd, kissing Nevayah and sealing their relationship formally and forever... He pulled away after a time, brushing Nevayah's cheek with his fingers before taking a step away.

"Lets go find those sweets, hmm?" He asked with a grin before heading back into the sleeping city, an expression of hope on his face.

(EXIT)