Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

It's Only a Crime if You are Caught...

Started by Anonymous, February 01, 2006, 02:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

She did not look straight, at an angle, or sideways, she just sat there looking. It was an odd stare, her large black eyes making it even more awkward, and a stare that could possibly be described as “spacey�. One of those looks where it is as if the person holding it was lost in another time, space, or eternity…..another existence. She remained still for a long while; the only part of her moving was her fingers that lightly traced the tattoo on her arm. It was the infamous tattoo of the Hiroko, a small handful of humans that had been selected to gain certain powers, and she knew it all to well.

She supposed she enjoyed being a Hiroko….it did have its good points….but she also hated it. Hated how it made her different from others, prone to taunts and teases. Hated how people always pointed at her and whispered about her. It wasn’t like she was abnormal…she looked like any other human….the only part of her that seemed to hold a neon sign over her head was this bloody tattoo….

<B> Need any help mis?… </B>

Andrea blinked quickly, trying desperately to focus her vision on the intruder of her peace. The woman before her was a small, plump lady with a very kindly face. She looked young…perhaps 24….and she just stood there balancing a baby on one hip with a young child in tow behind. The little girl behind was blonde, and frantically pulled on her mother’s dress while staring at Andrea’s arm.

Andrea winced as she felt the blonde girl’s disapproving look pierce through her, and Andrea quickly covered up her arm with her other hand. She hated getting stares like that and she looked away from the girl and her mother in embarrassment.

<B> No….I’m fine… </B> Andrea replied with a weak smile. She waited for the three to leave her before deciding upon standing up before someone else questioned her, and grabbing the reins of her newest mount, headed towards the town.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being a Hiroko, Andrea had the power to read minds and to talk through her mind. It was both a gift and a curse, with the curse being stronger then the gift. It was a power you had to master to be able to hear only what you wanted to hear, otherwise you would just hear everyone’s thoughts at once.

And it was a power that had gotten Andrea into more trouble then she had wanted. Her siblings would always become furious with her when she would randomly blurt out their deepest secrets. They called her such names as freak, loser, oddball and she had come to hate her mind-reading abilities. So she had taught herself to block them out.

But this was irrelevant to her current circumstance.

Andrea slipped her fingers through the mane of the horse she had “acquired� not long ago. In her “field of work� she had learned to let go of everything and so she was about to let go of this fine young colt. But all would not be lost to her….she would soon be in possession of the beautifully cut ruby necklace that lay of the table next to her. Yes….Andrea was a thief, just like her mother and father, brothers and sisters she was a thief. It was in a sense a sad thing. Andrea was barely 18 years-old and already knew the best ways to rob, steal, and plunder.
She pulled her long black hair back into a loose bun, the time was now or never. The young woman looked into the horse’s eyes and slowly pulled back her lips to reveal large canines that were growing steadily larger. Andrea knew her toothy smile was only as long as she wanted it (she could shape shift into a fox) but the horse didn’t. He let out a loud scream, rearing and taking off in the opposite direction from her.

<B> MY HORSE!!! Someone please catch it!!! </B> Andrea shouted at the top of her lungs, covering up her “fangs� as they shrank back into place. Then she turned around and slipped the ruby necklace into her bag and took off in the direction the horse wasn’t. She kept going, unsure if anyone had seen her stealing or if anyone was after her.

She stopped when she reached the edge of town. She panted slightly and sat down to rest. She glanced around looking at everyone in the area.

Anonymous

Olwen, an elven girl of 74, had her wide brown eyes set directly on a necklace with a large peridot dangling from its golden chain.  She willed her hands to hold up her head like a pillow so she wouldn’t unconsciously whip away the piece of jewelry.  Her tongue, which had the tip sticking out between her pink lips, was becoming scarlet red in color as she bit down hard on it.  The emerald green peridot was just begging her to take it away.  Her mind’s eye was creating a set of lips on the jewel and they screamed, â€?Take me! Take me!  Her fingers untied from the back of her head and gently fingered the piece of jewelry.  Involuntarily, her fingers began to wrap around the golden chain.  How could she stand it?  It was so pretty… so shiny…

NEIGH!  Suddenly, a screech awakened Olwen from her peridot reverie and she was thrown to the ground by a pair of forehooves.  Through a cloud of dust came a loud thud.  As the brown smoke drifted away, a girl was rolled up on the soil path that led through the marketplace of Ketra.  She was holding her knees tightly, lying in submission form beneath a light blue force field.  All of the horse training that her mother had given her had gone to waste once she gained her magic.  After all, lying on the ground, praying for your life to be spared wasn’t a way to hide from a horse’s trashing hooves.  She was waiting for a deadly blow from the horse that she had guessed was on drugs but none seem to come.  There was only a few gasps and a request for someone to catch the woman’s horse.

After a moment, she squinted open one eye and stared up around her.  The horse was gone, obviously ran away from the empty line that led through some surprised crowd of people.  Many citizens’ had their wide eyes on her cringing body that lay before them.  Her force field was shut off and a few people shuffled forward to help lift her up.  One grabbed onto her right forearm and began trying to lift her up.  â€?Ow, ow, OW!â€? she said tensely, making a rude point that she was in pain and that they aren’t allowed to touch her.  Thankfully, the person let go and stepped back, apparently sensitive because his face held a look of offense.  Olwen didn’t care a bit.  She slowly helped herself into sitting position before popping up into a stand in one swift jumping movement.  Her narrowed brown eyes gazed around, looking for that stupid woman that couldn’t control her horse.  She finally spotted her after jumping up and down and pushing through the crowd of people.  The woman seemed to be scurrying off in the opposite direction of her horse.  How dare she! Olwen thinks, â€?Her horse practically gives me an effin’ concussion and she just runs away like that? HELL no.

Olwen!  A petite voice breaks the girl’s thoughts as the image of her little sister and friend appear before her.  â€?Are you alright?!â€? the 72-year-old continues, â€?I thought you were dead, all cringed up like that!  Geez, give me a heart attack, why don’t ‘cha!â€?  Olwen tried to ignore her sister’s ranting with no luck.  The younger girl stands firm before her.  Elra, their friend and companion in theft (although she finds it terrible) shrinks back until bumping into a donkey, making it buck up and spill bright red apples onto her.  

â€?Listen, Ademia,â€? Olwen finally says angrily, grasping the girl’s shoulders and pushing her aside.  â€?You see that lady up there?â€? (Olwen points to Andrea) â€?Yeah, her psychopath horse attacked me!  So, get out of my way so I can give her a piece of my mind,â€? she demands harshly, jerking Ademia out of the way.  With firm steps, Olwen marches towards the woman.

â€?Hey you!â€? she calls.  The elf jogs towards the Hiroko and grabs at her shoulder, trying to turn her around or at least stop her.  â€?Your damn horse attacked me!â€? she explained with a dark tone.  Her brown eyes stared a hole (not literally, of course) into the woman’s head.

Anonymous

Andrea saw herself as she had most of her life….strong. She was well built and muscular, but not so much so that she came across as large. In fact, she was one of those girls who was always told she needed to gain some fat, not loose it. Still, she liked herself. She had come to think that her thin features even helped her with her job, they made her able to squeeze in and out of places and through crowds, and her light tan and dark hair made it easy to distract the men…hmmpf! Pigs!

The young woman ran her finger lightly over the ruby necklace watching herself in it, and although the many gold designs that laced over the ruby made it difficult to see any part of her reflection, she knew herself well enough anyway.

<B> I think I did good on you…. </B> She said aloud. Talking to her stolen goods was somewhat of a habit….the life of a thief perhaps? She continued to admire the gem, examining all of its edges and sides. It was lovely, probably worth a fortune, and whoever shaped it did a fine job. Of course, the ruby wasn’t the only thing that made it so lovely. Sure, it was large and shiny, but it was really the gold chain that brought out the beautiful red. The gorgeous chain was pure gold, and it sort of “laced� around the gems in intricate designs and patterns. <B> Ah yes…..I did very good…. </B>

<B> Hey you! </B> The voice rang out across the small field. It was loud, demanding, and probably got everyone’s attention. Andrea jumped, dropping the fine ruby necklace. Scowling and quickly retrieving the lost goods, Andrea shoved it deep inside her leather pouch so as to hide it from view. Then, standing up, she began to briskly walk away.

Too late. The girl grabbed Andrea’s arm fiercely and swung Andrea around to face her. Andrea didn’t really know how to react….for she was both shocked and fearful. Shocked because this young woman had a lot of strength….fearful because Andrea believed the girl knew she had taken the necklace.

But no….the girl simply shouted at Andrea.

<B> Your damn horse attacked me!!! </B> Andrea rolled her eyes and snorted slightly. Wow…this girl was really friendly….. Andrea looked (up or down….er…..I don’t know whether Olwen is tall or short…..SORRY!!!) to meet the girl’s blatant stare.

<B> Did he now? Well I guess I’ll have to give him a carrot for being so good…. </B>  Andrea sort of sneered at the girl as she said it, then yanking her arm away she turned to begin walking away…..but she knew it wasn’t over…..

Anonymous

Jinko had to laugh as she consumed the scene between the two older girls. She had to admire the way the girl with the long black hair kept her cool. Jinko had been following the girl for a long while that way and was fascinated by the tatoo that had caught her eye in the first place. After a while though she had thought that the girl were just a normal person, that is until she witnessed the scene with the horse and the necklace. Someone would be missing that sometime around now.

Jinko was a theif and a good one at that. Though sometimes she wondered if it really suited her. She wanted adventure and she sensed that by following this strange girl she would find it.   "This should be interesting" ,  jinko sighed as she slowly leaned back unto the stone wall behind her.

Jinko had the appearence of a 10 year old child and was often able to roam around the kingdom without being caught. She had short lacy black hair held in place by a thin silver circlet. Her eyes were a deep brown color with a hint of purple crowded around the pupils and her skin was a light tan color.

Anonymous

Andrea continued to walk briskly away from the young elven girl and her pint-sized protectors, muttering to herself as she went. As any half-wit, imbecile, pea-brain, simpleton could see, Andrea was annoyed…so she figured it was in everyone’s best interest if she left quickly. You see…although Andrea wasn’t known for her temper, certain people just bugged her, and those three happened to have found themselves under the certain people category.

Andrea continued to make her way to the outskirts of town. From there, she would steal a horse from some unsuspecting being and ride towards the Thieves’ Cabin. She scowled at the idea. Thieves were always so….unreliable….but hopefully, once there, she could find some moron to persuade to buy the necklace off of her. The young woman’s delicate finger’s slipped carefully into the leather bag. She could feel the warmth from her fingertips transferring into the cold metal. This made her grin. She knew that she could scam someone into buying it for twice what it was worth.

After all…everyone knows thieves are greedy…

Looking up, Andrea met the eyes of some stranger in the corner. Quickly, her hand pushed the ruby necklace far into her pouch to avoid being seen by any unworthy eyes. The stranger ways small, either a child…or some form of dwarf, but other then that Andrea could neither tell, nor really cared. She threw her eyes back to the goal in front of her, but couldn’t seem to shake off the ever-eerie feeling of being watched.

No matter…’tis merely a child… She said quietly to try and comfort herself. But as ever thief knew…anyone could be your executioner.