Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Eckhart & Co. Plotting Thread

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, November 16, 2016, 05:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart and Kino travel south

Welp, I didn't expect to get a party of 5 people in my thread. I normally just write by the seat of my pants without plotting anything, but with this many people I figured we needed one of these threads so we coordinate with each other. "I wont be able to post until 8PM today" and "Do you mind if my character one-shots this monster", stuff of that nature. I'd like everybody's characters to get a chance to shine!

Anyway, we got a really good party; a healer, an alchemist, a mage, and two rangers is pretty balanced. We're all roughly the same power level with the exception of Morgan's character, who if I'm not mistaken is unable to use her powers consciously so it wont be a real issue. This should work out awesomely!

One last thing. should I close the thread to new people since we now have a party of five, or should I leave it open?

Alize

I'm pretty neutral on the issue of closing it or leaving it open. I'm also pretty new to online freeform RP, so I'm not 100% on the etiquette for this kinda situation. Perhaps somebody with a bit more experience could give a reasoned out answer?

Also, "wat we do next?" seems to be a big question. Thoughts, anyone?

Corsad

Since we only crashed into your adventure, is there anywhere you wanted to go before this happened?

Alize

We were winging it. We can't exactly play it by ear without it turning to chaos now, though.

We just had a combat scene, so now maybe some dialogue / character building?

Morgan Droud

Saying this right now, but technically Althris isn't a mage.

Calling her a mage make it sound like she can make things go poof with a thought, but her power is based on the subconscious, and she has no control over it.

It's my limiter on what would otherwise be a excessively cheat power.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

My bad; as far as roleplaying archetypes go she fits the bill.  Rei isn't exactly a traditional ranger either, but I still lumped him in with Egon since nothing else really fit.

As far as thread direction goes, Kino is the only character with concrete goals, so we may want to start with those.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Anyway, I edited the tread's title so members have to PM me if they want to join. That should stop it from getting too crowded.

Alize

Kino's concrete goal is still fairly vague. "Gather rare potion ingredients." Would anybody more acquainted with the SotE lore than I care to suggest (or make up!) some points of interest in Serendipity?

I'd still cast my vote in favor of dialogue-oriented character development for now, though.